The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Memory Stone (Quest in Balmora, Morrowind).

CousinOfBurzGroKhash
CousinOfBurzGroKhash
Soul Shriven
I just wanted to give major props to whoever wrote that quest. That was beautifully written, meat. It's crazy that it was a minor side quest, yet it was powerful enough to make me wipe tears from my eyes.

Anyway, I think the reason why I this quest hit me hard was the way Gilan Lerano acted around the love of his life. His marriage proposal, his reaction to his wife's news... I really felt his joy. He was kind of awkward, but it was genuine. Come to think of it, a lot of side quests in this game were very memorable. I'd say I was more emotionally attached to these quests more than any of the main quests! This is one, but many reasons, why I've stuck around for so long in Elder Scrolls Online. Plus, I'm getting old. I imagine Elder Scrolls Online will be my last MMO I'll play.

But I digress. Thanks for listening.

By the way, there probably isn't much to discuss with this one quest, so please feel free to share any quests you experienced in Elder Scrolls Online that brought out the waterworks. Or, heck, any quests that made you really happy!
It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err, meat.”
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully agree. It is a very touching quest. It is a nice change from a fetch or go kill type quest. Yet it still accomplished the goal of encouraging you to explore areas.
  • oaflet
    oaflet
    ✭✭✭
    That quest will stand out in my memory for a long while. I did it one night as the last thing before going to bed, then was too emotional to fall asleep right away.

The ending of the Balmora town quest line with Naryu and the house Redoran family also hit me pretty hard. I did not want to do it, I was apologizing the whole time I was fighting. Just felt awful. It's rare questing hits me in the feels like that, but Morrowind has gotten a few good hits in already and I'm only roughly halfway through. Great story writing on some of these.