Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why have you made crafting writs such a ripoff ?

ItchyTheRat
ItchyTheRat
✭✭✭
i have, for ages and ages, done my crafting writs on all of my characters every day, in hope of getting a decent master writ so i can spend the vouchers on something nice, and with at least one master crafter, in the start i got plenty of writs, but now, all i ever get are 6 voucher ones, even if i have all traits/passives/almost all styles. and for this 6 vouchers i sacrifice almost 1k of each material per day! how come you have nerfed the possibility of getting a decent master writ so badly in comparison to what it used to be ?
Hail fishers of Tamriel! Tired of herring about these boring guilds? Ever thought of reely getting the Master Angler achievement but find it too tedious to tackle it alone, or just wanting to fish for the heck of it? Well stay shark cause <Angler Management> is now recruiting fellow fishers! (PC EU) PM in game for an invite
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    Wasn't me ;)

But I feel your pain, like you I do about 40 crafting writs a day, and haven't seen anything above a 6 voucher Master Writ so far.
    Edited by Didz on June 26, 2017 2:40PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of us do writs on multiple characters and even then it's rare that we get a equipment MCW for more than 6 vouchers. So yeah, I can imagine it would be extremely frustrating for those with only 1 or 2 characters doing the writs.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um...ok. 1k in mats? You know those are for c150 gear, right?

Writ reward profits breakdown:

Guild store prices for 200 (for 1): silk, 15k ($75) ; rubedo, 5k ($25); ruby ash, 5k ($25), rebedite, 5k ($25)

Mats required for one day writs: 40 each skill.
    Average daily cost: smith $1k, cloth $2,333, wood $1k = $4,3333
    $4,333 minus gold quest reward for 3 writs ($1980) = $2,353

My main is carrying three days' reward containers in each skill. The average per day value in rewards he's carrying between tempers, ornate gear and surveys (forget the other stuff):

Cloth: $3,587; smith $4,033; wood $966

Total cost (if guild purchase all items): $2,353
    Total gain (if guild selling rewards) $6,233

Value to account of doing three trade writs for a year: $2,275,000
  • ItchyTheRat
    ItchyTheRat
    ✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    Um...ok. 1k in mats? You know those are for c150 gear, right?

Writ reward profits breakdown:

Guild store prices for 200 (for 1): silk, 15k ($75) ; rubedo, 5k ($25); ruby ash, 5k ($25), rebedite, 5k ($25)

Mats required for one day writs: 40 each skill.
    Average daily cost: smith $1k, cloth $2,333, wood $1k = $4,3333
    $4,333 minus gold quest reward for 3 writs ($1980) = $2,353

My main is carrying three days' reward containers in each skill. The average per day value in rewards he's carrying between tempers, ornate gear and surveys (forget the other stuff):

Cloth: $3,587; smith $4,033; wood $966

Total cost (if guild purchase all items): $2,353
    Total gain (if guild selling rewards) $6,233

Value to account of doing three trade writs for a year: $2,275,000

14 characters doing all writs every day, for every character its 100+ of each material (blacksmithing/clothing/woodworking)
    so count again ;)
    Hail fishers of Tamriel! Tired of herring about these boring guilds? Ever thought of reely getting the Master Angler achievement but find it too tedious to tackle it alone, or just wanting to fish for the heck of it? Well stay shark cause <Angler Management> is now recruiting fellow fishers! (PC EU) PM in game for an invite
  • ItchyTheRat
    ItchyTheRat
    ✭✭✭
    no idea why it posted twice
    Edited by ItchyTheRat on June 25, 2017 10:21PM
  • DiePainPain
    DiePainPain
    ✭✭
    zAF14yp.png

Just RNG i do writ on 8 char but only 1 has max on equipment
  • agn231
    agn231
    ✭✭✭
    The drop was nerfed to an abysmal rate and the values have come down. I still do daily writs on a couple of characters because I like the gold and mats you are rewarded but I dread turning them in as I am disappointed every day that my "master" crafter can do nothing more to earn writ vouchers.

A lot of folks have abandon the master writs and you can find them in the guilds for less than 1K per voucher now but that's not nearly as satisfying.

If there's no other way to earn writ vouchers, I really wish the price of those gold designs would come down.....
    Edited by agn231 on June 26, 2017 2:49PM
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    I maxed out all crafting (I think) except clothing by buying and farming stuff and deconstructing it. The writs were a PAIN.
    I know nutting....
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    For you guys doing so many writs on multiple characters - Are you doing the Alchemy one? Where do you find all the Nirnroot? It feels like Alchemy writs want 3x Nirnroot 5 of 7 days, and maybe 3x Lorkhan's tears once or twice a week. Or do I have bad luck? I stopped doing Alchemy writs.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm mostly doing them for the ~4K gold, tempers, kuta, plants and survey maps. I consider master writs as a welcome bonus but they are not the main reason.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    I could probably give up doing all writs except enchanting...the amount of kuta drop from these seems pretty consistent. also not a multi character master just my one crafter
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know my master writs have dropped off. 2 weeks nothing over a 6.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

And my writs have finally started picking up again. I've now seen this pattern repeatedly... it almost seems they've divided the player population in half and half of us have it good while the other group gets nothing for several weeks in a run. Then they do an update and the "top group" swaps. It's the same names swinging back and forth and just as I'm thinking, "wow, it's finally getting better" they're saying it's gotten worse, and vice versa -- repeatedly.

After the past few weeks that I'd had I'm glad for even a 2-6 voucher master writ (on my master crafters!). It was that bad... I literally went through thousands of top tier mats without even a small master writ for a while there.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by Tevalaur on June 29, 2017 7:03PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    Stopnaggin wrote: »

And my writs have finally started picking up again. I've now seen this pattern repeatedly... it almost seems they've divided the player population in half and half of us have it good while the other group gets nothing for several weeks in a run. Then they do an update and the "top group" swaps. It's the same names swinging back and forth and just as I'm thinking, "wow, it's finally getting better" they're saying it's gotten worse -- repeatedly.

After the past few weeks that I'd had I'm glad for even a 2-6 voucher master writ (on my master crafters!). It was that bad... I literally went through thousands of top tier mats without even a small master writ for a while there.

EDIT: typo

I sure hope that would be true, kinda disappointed when for 2 weeks you don't see anything worth it.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been doing them on 3 characters. One is a master crafter with all but 2 motifs learned and all research. The other 2 are almost done all research, but don't have many motifs learned.

I finally got a 41 voucher writ yesterday after almost a month of nothing better than 6 or 7, but mostly 2 on couple of days each week.

One of my non master crafters gets as many 40+ writs as my master. I haven't seen anthong better than 47 vouchers in a vdry long time. My best is 120 and 101 but those were over 2-3 months ago.

I don't know whose feet you have to kiss to get a 200-300 voucher writ. Don't think I'll ever see one.

Very discouraging

In any case, I am done doing them on 3 characters and wasting my mats. Going to just do it on my master crafter from now until something changes (probably wont)

Edited by Katahdin on June 29, 2017 11:35PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Been doing them on 3 characters. One is a master crafter with all but 2 motifs learned and all research. The other 2 are almost done all research, but don't have many motifs learned.

I finally got a 41 voucher writ yesterday after almost a month of nothing better than 6 or 7, but mostly 2 on couple of days each week.

One of my non master crafters gets as many 40+ writs as my master. I haven't seen anthong better than 47 vouchers in a vdry long time. My best is 120 and 101 but those were over 2-3 months ago.

I don't know whose feet you have to kiss to get a 200-300 voucher writ. Don't think I'll ever see one.

Very discouraging

In any case, I am done doing them on 3 characters and wasting my mats. Going to just do it on my master crafter from now until something changes (probably wont)

I feel discouraged as well. I'm not really wasting mats though. Between my mail and decon from the writs I don't lose much. The fact that my lower tier crafters get more writs is concerning. I feel like they have adjusted something, because I was getting pretty good writs every few days, now they have dried up. The last 5 days I haven't seen 1 writ on any of my toons.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The thing I've noticed is that my consumable writs also took a nose dive. I use to get at least 3 or 4 of those daily across my alts but now I rarely get one at all. I have no doubt ZOS has done a stealth nerf on MCW's, either intentional or unintentional.
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something feels off about the grand master crafting writs lately. For the last several weeks, I have not received anything above 6 vouchers for blacksmithing, clothing or woodworking. I'm just wondering how many people this is happening to.
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on July 2, 2017 12:28AM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    For you guys doing so many writs on multiple characters - Are you doing the Alchemy one? Where do you find all the Nirnroot? It feels like Alchemy writs want 3x Nirnroot 5 of 7 days, and maybe 3x Lorkhan's tears once or twice a week. Or do I have bad luck? I stopped doing Alchemy writs.

I run 35 top tier writs a day including 14 alchemy. They get me about 24k gold a day not counting any items or reagents etc. In addition to any nirnroot I gather while running content I spend about 2 days of that gold a week on nirnroot in guilds.

Used to do shadow supplier 8 times a day etc but frankly so much gold flowing in its just not worth time. Easier to just buy it.

Still one of the best deals going.

Easier to harvest gold, imo.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree.....too much resources for such little gain and bad rng. Cost of mats for 160 gear is bad and master writs are the worst system ever. Please hire someone who can rework this system and get it right Zos.
  • CorsennaRyu
    CorsennaRyu
    ✭✭
    You guys are lucky to be getting even 6 voucher writs. I've been doing all 6 writs on a minimum of 3 characters every day, those 3 because they are all 9 trait crafters with almost all styles learned, all runes translated, and all reagent properties learned. In the last 2 weeks I've gotten exactly 1 master writ, an alchemy worth 2.
  • blabliblargh
    blabliblargh
    ✭✭
    I got a nice 51 voucher writ. But it requires accessing that crafting station only available by completing the fighters guild questline. Aaaargh.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a nice 51 voucher writ. But it requires accessing that crafting station only available by completing the fighters guild questline. Aaaargh.

... Well then... Finish it?
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »

Takes 2-3 hours tops.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can do this at any level nowadays... (since One Tamriel).
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • blabliblargh
    blabliblargh
    ✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »

Start it even. Will sure do.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have very little interesting in housing, i saved up enough vouchers to get the ebony motif, then I was out. Master writ drop rates were nerfed and getting anything above 6 vouchers was also abysmal.

I used to do dailies for the master writs to sell, but drop rates nerfed and the value plummeting, almost gives me no incentive to do daily writs anymore. Id rather just sell my refines mats, esp the valuable silk.
  • Duxes
    Duxes
    ✭✭✭
    Wow I didn't know the drop rate was this bad for everyone. I thought it was only me since my main only knows about 7 traits and only a handful of motifs, but yesterday I got a master writ for 310 vouchers. I was shocked. I was beginning to think 6 was the most I'd be getting.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duxes wrote: »
    Wow I didn't know the drop rate was this bad for everyone. I thought it was only me since my main only knows about 7 traits and only a handful of motifs, but yesterday I got a master writ for 310 vouchers. I was shocked. I was beginning to think 6 was the most I'd be getting.

That's more than (maybe equal to) the greatest voucher count on a writ I have ever received and I run writs on more toons than anyone posting in this thread does. Currently, ~7 are 9 of 9 on everything and 10ish more not to far behind, with a bunch of others in various earlier stages. One per account is also nearly perfect on motifs and would be perfect if I didn't have a housing construction habit. (To fund the housing purchases, I wait for the price to go down before buying the newest motifs.)

My chief complaint with master writs right now is that the number of vouchers in relation to cost of materials is skewed, and I typically get the bad end of the deal. I am getting 80-90 voucher writs requiring legendary rubedite weapons with nirn trait. Metal gold improvement mats and potent nirncrux.... The highest voucher count on a master writ I have received was for something like a ruby ash nirnhoned shield.

I have so many gold carpentry mats it's crazy, but with the demand for heavy armor in PvP and melee weapons in general, legendary blacksmith improvement mats are the highest cost of any trades mat.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's more than (maybe equal to) the greatest voucher count on a writ I have ever received and I run writs on more toons than anyone posting in this thread does.

Presumptive, and not true...