The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor of Truth (Darkshade vs Vlastarus)

SPE825
SPE825
✭✭✭
Looking to just get the necklace at this point, I've ran Darkshade 1 26 times in a row over the last 3 days and noone in a 4 person group has yet to receive it (or they wanted to keep it for themselves of course, but I kinda doubt that to a degree as it's not a meta set).

So, I Googled to see if I was crazy and that you can get it in Darkshade 1 (which it appears you can). That's when I came across the fact that Armor of Truth is sold in boxes in Vlastarus. So, I headed to Cyrodill and proceeded to take the flag at Vlastarus where the merchant sells armor. Low and behold, the Armor of Truth was not a set being sold.

TLDR: Is the Armor of Truth Set no longer sold in Vlastarus? I'm sick of running Darkshade over and over and not one in four people getting it.
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    Never mind. It was apparently removed from Vlastrus in 2.7.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3649351#Comment_3649351

Hooray for more Darkshade runs...
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably already know this, but I've found the best way to farm dungeon sets is to wait until it comes up on the pledge rotation. Then you can easily get pug groups to run it all day long, if necessary. And don't be shy about asking other people for drops!

Another thing to note is Armor of Truth isn't proccing off of all off-balances--there was a thread about it a while ago, but it's worth testing before committing to that set.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably already know this, but I've found the best way to farm dungeon sets is to wait until it comes up on the pledge rotation. Then you can easily get pug groups to run it all day long, if necessary. And don't be shy about asking other people for drops!

Another thing to note is Armor of Truth isn't proccing off of all off-balances--there was a thread about it a while ago, but it's worth testing before committing to that set.

No need to wait. Depending on how the dungeon layout is, if its like CoA, you can jump into the Veteran mode with a Nightblade w/ Treasure Hunter CP passive on, and just loot chests for drops.
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭

No need to wait. Depending on how the dungeon layout is, if its like CoA, you can jump into the Veteran mode with a Nightblade w/ Treasure Hunter CP passive on, and just loot chests for drops.

It was the daily yesterday, and I ran it 16 times. Asked everyone for the necklace every time. Looks like I'll be hitting it again. I also plan on using this on a werewolf build, and I believe that the proc is working on the werewolf fear at this time.

Not a bad idea on the nightblade though. I may have to give that a shot if I bomb out on the drops again!
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to rub it in...it dropped for me when I ran it as the pledge last night. I promptly sold it to the merchant.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running CoA on my two NBs basically is how I got Burning Spell Weave. Run through on one toon, then when all chests were located, log out and log into it again on my other NB. The key is the Treasure Hunter passive for better rolls, and additional roll for the gear when you unlock a Master chest. It's been very handy thus far.

Not gonna lie about the grind time though, was around 120~ hours and a couple of weeks/ few hours a day poping in and out of that dungeon.

Oh yea, and pick up all Heavy Sacks. They will make you some good coin!
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe a necklace of truth is a named drop in Darkshade II. I believe it is one of the first few bosses

Edit: I stand corrected. Mustve been thinking about automatons
    Edited by KeiruNicrom on June 30, 2017 8:58PM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Armor+of+Truth+Set

there's 2 named unique rings but no necklace
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Just to rub it in...it dropped for me when I ran it as the pledge last night. I promptly sold it to the merchant.

I'm 100% positive that I've gotten it several times in the past, didn't want it, and then just sold it as you did, lol. Then RNGesus heard I wanted, and here we are!
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why you want it in the first place. It doesn't work on dodge roll with tactician CP and has been bugged since forever. Multiple threads on it, but just like willows path, ZOS has ignored them.
  • SPE825
    SPE825
    ✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    Not sure why you want it in the first place. It doesn't work on dodge roll with tactician CP and has been bugged since forever. Multiple threads on it, but just like willows path, ZOS has ignored them.

I want to run it on a werewolf as the fear there puts enemies off balance.