The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Minimum crafting required to get maximise gathering?

Philio
Philio
✭✭✭
Started playing again after probably a couple of years and things are a bit different now...
I gather resource nodes are 50/50 now based on level/crafting level.
I have almost fully maxed crafting on a character I don't really play so I won't be crafting anything.
So, what's the minimum skill points I need to spend to get top level stuff from every node?
Assume it's just maxing the skill line and getting the usage skill (e.g. metalworking etc)?
Edited by Philio on June 29, 2017 9:35PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're on the right track. 9 skill points each to maximize clothing, woodworking, blacksmithing, and enchanting first passives. Note there are 10 improvement levels total ... but the game gives you the first one free to start refining and crafting.

7 skill points to max out alchemy first passive for solvent gathering.

Provisioning doesn't have "nodes" per se ... but if you're looking for max out recipe improvement to look for the highest tier recipes in containers, that is 5 skill points.

NOTE: Remember that nodes are still based on 50% character level and 50% first passive skill points invested. If your character level is below CP150 you will still get lower level mats 50% of the time.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on June 29, 2017 10:10PM
  • Philio
    Philio
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks very much, exactly the info I was after.