The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Non-dyeable Boots?

DonWalking
DonWalking
✭✭✭
I've never had an item that I could not dye, and yet just now, I got some Ebon boots and they were a better quality than the ones I used to have so I put them on, only to find out they're a really bright looking white color. I got to dye them and instead of being able to do this, it has two X's not allowing to dye them, the middle is available but literally does nothing to the boots. Why can't I dye them? Is this a bug or are they supposed to look bright white?

Best Answer

• ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    I've been seeing a bunch of tanks running around in their dyed costumes with these bright white boots and it looks awful. I think it's a bug.
    Answer ✓
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably a bug as I've not had anything that could not be died.

Try logging out and back in. Outside of that it may just happen to work some day. Of course, make sure you commit the change but I expect you did that.
  • MarcoPolo184
    MarcoPolo184
    ✭✭
    No idea if it's a bug or intended, but I got the same issue with my ebon boots.