Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Idea for Weapon holding Poses

Avrael
Avrael
✭✭✭✭
So, i just came up with this Idea, now that more and more individual Poses find their way into the crown store and achievements, wich is good, i love individuallity in Games, especially online. :3

But why not take it a step further? I played with a mod in Skyrim, that changed just the way you where holding your weapons (a few games have that as options too), and i have to say... for such a little mod, it made a very big diffrence in the gameplay feeling and fighting. And because ESO already HAS this pose changing in the game, it would be pretty easy to implement i would guess, the poses so far do a pretty good job i have to say. And i dont even mean Attack animations, that would be harder to change i think, but really just poses like the normal ones, just with your weapon out.

So, if you're a sneaky Nightblade for instance, but dont want to hold your 2 handed Weapon like a wild barbarian, you could for instance hold it just down and in one hand when you stand still, or carry it on your shoulder, or even stick it in the ground and lean against it, the possibilitys are as endless as the normal poses. Or you have two daggers but want to hold them backwards like a GODDARN WEAB... uhm, i mean, very cool person. =D

I myself would get me instantly some new poses if they were in the crown Store right now, but what about you all, think this would be a good idea or nah?
"I mustache you a question."
"Well shave it for later."
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    No answer so far, is noone interested in this idea? I counted on more interest tbh. X-x
  • Angelisaur
    Angelisaur
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be down for this, if only to eliminate the atrocious default 2h pose. It always looks like the character is holding a baseball bat to me, and I get organ music playing in the back of my head whenever I see someone running around with a drawn 2h sword/maul/axe :/ I don't ever ever ever use 2h weapons because of this. Some personality that makes the pose a little more dynamic would be awesome.
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    I would like that. Especially because I could then look like a GODDARN WEAB, whatever the hell that is :D
  • Terpsichoreli
    Terpsichoreli
    Soul Shriven
    I'd love that!
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is be down for some new poses. Idle animations are important. I usually set one before i walk away so anyone that comes across me sees me doin something.
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now with the Telvanni Magister Pose, i really like the new /juggleflame for it. So they CAN do such things with ease i would believe. And now we wait till a Mod finds this thread. :x
  • Avrael
    Avrael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I push this, because i would like hear some more opinions.
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love this. The way the character holds a weapon when drawn and standing still often drives me nuts. I go out of my way to constantly put my weapons away whenever out of combat just to avoid the awkward stance. Being able to customize them to some small degree and give them personality would be lovely.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes! For Honor would be a great place for ideas here. That animation team made their characters look like they were masters of their weapon arts with the way they hold and swing their weapons. ESO's animation team just went with "wild flaying" and zero sense of mastery or skill in both their attack loops and ready stances. Highly annoying.

maxresdefault.jpg

for-honor-kensei.jpg