Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CAPTURE THE FLAG!!!

Trashkan
Trashkan
✭✭✭
I am sick of it why do you make me play this over and over I swear it's like 5 capture the flags for every one death match. A lot of people don't want to play this it's lame and is specific for a couple builds. So tell me ZOS why do you make your customers suffer like this???
  • Chakei
    Chakei
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone even like CFT? Everyone I've talked to and played with just turns it into a deathmatch.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure there are some so I don't want to speak for all. But it's a slap in the face to make me play this garbage it's not even a good design the mechanics to win are so buggy anybody with immovable pots and rapids can grab a flag and you litterally cant do squat.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    I mean maybe if they make the flag carrier cast no abilities and make him a sitting duck. Or make it so you have to cap relic first. Anything the state it's in now is sad.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the flag is my preferred BG.

I don't have any specific build for it. I just enjoy it because there's more strategy involved than death match. Even the domination round is just a watered down death match.

I don't play with a pre-made group, so my ability to win a death match relies on not gettting a few sub level 50 players on my team. Nothin against those guys, but they're not much help against a group of maxed cp and gear players.

Not to mention, the random power sigil that can potentially spawn right next to, or even underneath, a team's starting point during a death match. Whichever teams DON't get that sigil are already in a deficit of points. The rest turns into a cluster f**k of kill a few, then you get killed.

Not exactly fun after a few back to back matches. At least not for me.

Having said that, just to point out as reference, I'm currently ranked in the top 10 for the NA Deathmatch leader boards, and in the top 20 for capture the flag.

I do wish I'd have the option of choosing my battleground type.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on June 25, 2017 3:01PM
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Capture the flag is not really well designed. If you do it right you can simply get the enemy flag and bring it to your base without that they can go anything against it.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • AAbrigo
    AAbrigo
    ✭✭✭
    Just defend your flag and that way it is automatically a deathmatch and you earn points and helps your team.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CTF doesn't work well in a three way fight. It's too easy for team C to steal team A's flag while team A fights team B. If they wan't to make it more enjoyable they should place a debuff on the flag carrier, something like 50% snare and 20% more damage taken. This would make it much harder to sneak flags out while teams are locked up fighting.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AAbrigo wrote: »
    Just defend your flag and that way it is automatically a deathmatch and you earn points and helps your team.
    That's the thing tho, it's impossible to actually defend the relic because all they need to do is touch it.

Speed immove pot, dodge roll, shuffle, sprint and they're gone. No force is gona stop a team that builds for that. Fighting often becomes detrimental since the 3rd team will just go cap relics.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are 2 game modes of a pvp battlegrounds basically flag simulator?

2 games mode and pvp doesn't have any benefit in them, in fact pvping actually makes you lose.

Kills should always mean something and add to score in pvp game. Your not rewarding people for pvping your rewarding them for running flag to flag, avoiding fights and winning the bgs with 0 kills 8 deaths...
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait what? There's a flag to catch in catch the flag?
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have you know that CTF requires the most sophisticated level of strategy.

And by that I mean an immovability + Speed potion while wearing coward gear.

What? Were you expecting something intelligent?
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have you know that CTF requires the most sophisticated level of strategy.

And by that I mean an immovability + Speed potion while wearing coward gear.

What? Were you expecting something intelligent?

Shhh
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy armor orc
    Fiords
    Cowards

S&b Ult
    Imov pots

Balanced.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    I like CTF. I dont have specific build for it and i queue only solo. Maybe my favorite type of BG. In deathmatch headless chicken that preform one-shot combo can win but in CTF you have to think about strategy. Take your time, think about what action in this moment will give you score profit, take attention to relics and you will be fine. And don't fight without purpose. There is only two reason why you need to kill player - 1. He is going to take relic 2. He has take relic. Ignore other players.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want a king of the hill the most. A spot that ur team has to hold for a set amount of time to get points and the spot moves after ur team has held it for awhile.

It's kind of like domination but forces everyone to fight for an area

CTF is alright but with people doing the dodge roll exploit they are gone before you can catch them
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I want a king of the hill the most. A spot that ur team has to hold for a set amount of time to get points and the spot moves after ur team has held it for awhile.

It's kind of like domination but forces everyone to fight for an area

CTF is alright but with people doing the dodge roll exploit they are gone before you can catch them

If you think that's bad, you outta check out the animation cancelling exploit.

:trollface:
    Edited by Strider_Roshin on June 26, 2017 10:20AM
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    i love BGs, but CTF is very poorly designed.

they really, really need seperate queues for the modes.

usually in games i'm against splitting up the player pool but i think its a must in this case.
    It shouldnt even really matter on console at least. BG queues are less than 30 seconds.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    8 ctf is a row today 1 domination 1 deathmatch ffs can we get a system that gives you an even amount of each BG.

I don't even play ctf anymore I just kill ppl I'm sure my team hates me but I just don't care anymore I'm there for small scale fighting
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Lol same thing over here. I'm getting 3 times more ctf than anything and I try and pick an opposing team and just throw myself at them hopefully distracting them long enough so team 3 can have a quick victory.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Only 2 dm all week I have probably done 25 matches:-(