The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

vMA help

Sunah
Sunah
✭✭✭
Hey guys just looking for some advice for vMA. Ive completed it before pre morrowind but im thinking of doing it on my stamplar.... Would you recommend against that and just use my sorc? Also what gear am I looking for on either classes... Thanks!
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Sunah,
    What kind of sorc? mag or stam?

Mag sorcs are probably the easiest class to do VMA with because of hardened ward and power surge. Dark exchange also really helps managing resources. Using pets also makes it a lot easier as pets draw aggro and the scamp can help with dmg when you activate its ability.

The build I use for my pet sorc
    5 Necro
    4 Moondancer (Sharpened inferno staff front bar)
    VMA lightning staff sharpened back bar
    2 Ilambris, 5/1/1 set up

If you dont have moondancer or vma staves, just use random sharpened staves.

If you wanted to run on a stam character

I suggest using
    5 Two fanged snake
    5 Vicious Ophidian (This is pretty much a must have because the 3 and 5 piece from vicious help so much in resource management and speed increase)
    2 Velidreth, all 7 medium since we want as much crit bonus as possible.

This requires having two fanged snake or vicious ophidian weapons, if you have the money, you can buy spriggan weapons to replace two fanged snake or run nightmothers gaze. I personally wouldn't try to attempt vma without 5 vicious.

You already beat it before morrowind so I don't think you will be needing any tips to beat it, just need to make sure to manage resources better. Good luck, I noticed it wasnt too much harder, just took a little longer
    Edited by SoLooney on June 30, 2017 1:16PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't run it on my sorc anymore, and instead run it on my Templar even though it's much easier on a sorc. The reason being is it's way easier to get on the weeklies on a Templar.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    I don't run it on my sorc anymore, and instead run it on my Templar even though it's much easier on a sorc. The reason being is it's way easier to get on the weeklies on a Templar.

@Danksta Stam or Mag? If stam do you have a build set up I could follow?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sunah wrote: »
    Danksta wrote: »

@Danksta Stam or Mag? If stam do you have a build set up I could follow?

I run it on my magplar but if I were to run it on my stamplar I'd run the same setup as my stam sorc.

5 VO/5 NMG (TFS if I had it)/veli (Kra'gh would work too, but I like the burst from veli)

Bar 1- Jabs/rending slashes/PotL/vigor/deadly cloak Ult- Rend or DB
    Bar 2- poison injection/endless hail/repentance/caltrops/rearming trap Ult- Ballista

I'm not a stamplar expert by any means (I've never even used mine in PvE), but that's what I'd do.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA