The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ram Door while using mult Ballistas

tigerblood
tigerblood
✭✭
When you use ram on door while using mult ballistas around the ram you have to run out of ram in order to use them. This weakens the ram from full strength. I was told by crown to use 2 other ballistas while I ram. Why would this be effective if ram loses strength? Being that ram is best use of siege power I would think ram on full power trumps leaving it often. I received no answer so I'm asking forum.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can set up a balista very close to the ram, go stand close enough to the ram to count for it and use your balista (standing in front or it).
    Edited by dpencil1 on June 30, 2017 6:36AM
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're running multiple siege, it's better to leave the ram with others. You can fit 3 ballistas around a ram, but it's better off that you only do one ballista with the ram so you're not running around and missing the ram's attack phase.

Best set up are 2 stone trebs and 1 stone ballista when you're doing small scale.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's a lot of space where you can use ballistas and never leave the ram's radius. that said, i don't see why people in the ram have to use more than one ballista. there's 6 people around anyway. even with 2 constantly purging healing, there's still 4 others left. much better if each ballista user can shield/heal himself between shots

if you don't have enough people to appraoch siege limit anyway, forget a ram and use 4 ballistas per player
    Edited by Kas on June 30, 2017 10:21AM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the door you are ramming but you can fit up to 5 ballistas and reach them while you are still on the ram. Drop a ballista first in front of the door and then set up the ram behind it and they will stack. Then space out the other 4 while you are still standing on the ram.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »
    Depends on the door you are ramming but you can fit up to 5 ballistas and reach them while you are still on the ram. Drop a ballista first in front of the door and then set up the ram behind it and they will stack. Then space out the other 4 while you are still standing on the ram.

Also, you know if you are in range of being on the ram if you see the player counter. You don't have to be right on top of it for it to work.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toast_STS wrote: »

You can also fit 5 ballistas on the ram if you place the ram and then arrange the ballistas as the vertices of an equilateral pentagon. Usually this is overkill and takes a little too much time to set up especially with a crapload of oils, but 3-4 from the ram is usually pretty easy. Placing the ballista right on the door requires the ram to roll up which is also a dps loss (not huge but still there).

But to more directly answer the OP, each ballista deals 2k damage to walls/doors. Each person on the ram increases ram damage by 2k. One player can efficiently run 3 ballistas (4 ballistas generally has down time on a loaded ballista). So if you are running 2 ballistas, you are doing more damage than just by standing on the ram.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Place 1 ballista dead center on the door and one to the left and right then put your ram down, those three can be operated while still on the ram.