The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I knew it was going to happen eventually, but... (hireling spoiler)

Pink_E_808
Pink_E_808
✭✭✭✭
I wasn't expecting to just get new hirelings all of a sudden. I figured the change would happen kinda like it does with Gavin, but to just drop Valinka and Pacrooti with no goodbye made me kinda sad. I'm happy for Valinka and Little Leaf (and Plucky!), but I miss Pacrooti!
Edited by Pink_E_808 on July 5, 2017 9:50AM
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this as well, no Pacrooti in my mail. Must be too busy with the crates to deliver mail anymore.
  • hugh440
    hugh440
    ✭✭
    The hirelings are a great part of the game honestly. They send you interesting messages and tell you stories along with being profitable. I've gotten over 30 gold materials from them since i started playing in 2016 between my characters. Extremely worth the skill points imo!
    Edited by hugh440 on July 4, 2017 1:06AM
  • Farscape76
    Farscape76
    ✭✭✭
    A huge thank you to the writing team at Zenimax that crafts these hireling messages. They are extremely well done and entertaining.
    CP 1200+ Xbox - NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Characters
    Dargo Crichton - VR16/lvl 50 StamDK - Stormproof
    Talon Crichton - lvl 50 Stamsorc
    Kara Crichton - lvl 50 StamDK
    Erza Crichton - lvl 50 MagDK
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the hirelings and am glad I got them! I've read every letter so far and plan to keep reading. The have literally made me lol and cry!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad for the new hireling mails - FINALLY! Got so sick of reading the same messages over and over for a year or more.

If you're just done with Pacrooti and Valinka, you've got two more sets of hireling mails to get through. You're fortunate that it will be a while before you hit the end, like so many of us did. Got tired of hearing that Aksel was happy, his wife was happy, and his mother was almost happy.
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, Jayne, I can't tell yet if I feel sorry for Aksel or not. I am glad they change it all up, too, but I would have thought the hirelings would be like, "Welp, it's been great working for ya, but I've decided to go do this or that" instead of just all of a sudden, "Hi, I'm excited to be working for you. Sincerely (insert new name here)". Just seems like a strange way to end dialogue, even for a fantasy game.
  • SkillzMFG
    SkillzMFG
    ✭✭✭✭
    hugh440 wrote: »
    The hirelings are a great part of the game honestly. They send you interesting messages and tell you stories along with being profitable. I've gotten over 30 gold materials from them since i started playing in 2016 between my characters. Extremely worth the skill points imo!

I haven't gotten a single gold mat since beta, guess I'm really unlucky!
  • Tezlakipuka
    Tezlakipuka
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, the new hireling mails are entertaining to read and surely worth the skill points on a bunch of twinks.
    LOVE IT WHEN URBEK SMASHES ME SOME LETTERS.
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kudos to whoever keeps putting the effort in to write the hireling dialogue. I enjoy it and I honestly thought it would be dropped earlier on or swapped out for some more generic stuff. Glad to see Zeni still applies the little touches, they do matter and they make a difference.