The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The BIS 2 Hander Type for Each Class?

FlyLionel
FlyLionel
✭✭✭✭
We're talking PVP here:

sDK | sNB | sSorc | sTemp | sWard

After discussing whether Battleaxe/Maul/Great-sword was better for a Sorc/NB/DK last night with a good player buddy of mine, I don't think we came to a conclusion. I was under the impression that great-sword was the best for a NB with fracture(Plus bigger heals is great) and DK with fracture, my buddy was saying that battleaxe is the way to go for bleed but bleed can re proc which is my issue. Can anyone who has field experience with all weapon types bless with your insight/experience, I've only ever used GS/Maul so I can't speak on battleaxes.
The Flyers

Best Answer

• Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From my experience Battle Axe is best for Sorc and Temp (the classes without Major Fracture) and Greatsword is best for the other classes due to the fact that they have Fracture. The bleed ignores resistances and deals a pretty good chunk of damage, which adds up really well with Poison Injection or Rending Slashes as well as Sorc's Hurricane and Temp's Jabs. The Maul was never giving me anything decent at all, because the more you invest into penetration, the less effective it becomes and since you're likely to have at least the 5k from Sharpened and about 3k from CP, the Maul is almost useless on Light and Medium armor targets. So yeah, from my experience its: Battle Axe for Sorc/Temp and Greatsword for NB/DK/Warden.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Answer ✓
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sword is number 1 as it increases all damage..

if really pressed maybe a mual for pen.. but you should be getting plenty of pen through your CP tree and sharpened.

Never seen a reason to use a axe in pvp.. the dot is pretty meaningless in pvp fights where burst damage in king.. and the sword will just be better at getting that burst damage.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    old_mufasa wrote: »

if really pressed maybe a mual for pen.. but you should be getting plenty of pen through your CP tree and sharpened.

Never seen a reason to use a axe in pvp.. the dot is pretty meaningless in pvp fights where burst damage in king.. and the sword will just be better at getting that burst damage.

But pen is useless against anything with a shield and falls in value against light and medium armor compared to HA. The axe bleed is huge and, iIrc, it crits and therefor can proc sets or skills (surge).
  • Jaavaa
    Jaavaa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleeding from axe is very nice. I love the Axe in pvp. And you can time your burst with every weapon.
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭

But pen is useless against anything with a shield and falls in value against light and medium armor compared to HA. The axe bleed is huge and, iIrc, it crits and therefor can proc sets or skills (surge).

The bleed is weak.. its purge able and in pvp its about burst damage.. and as I stated if your really pressed for pen.. and also who cares cares about about the shield aspect.. its to break through all the heavy armor builds running around.. that's what pen is for.. you have shield breaker and CP passives to deal with shields.. so you could instead of investing points in to penetration CP tree you could use those points in increase damage to shields.. while maintaining the armor pen against heavy armor wearing players.. If pen was so worthless then why are some of the most wanted sets for pvp like sprigens and such are about adding penetration...

In the end Sword is just the go to for most builds.. with mual being distance 2nd.. while axe is been dead last for pvp for a very long time.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greatsword for open world.

Axe for duels!
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by KingYogi415 on June 27, 2017 9:59PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the extra mace penetration take buffs like major resolve / ward into account or does it only ignore mitigation from armor + set boni?
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Chilly-McFreeze It'll take major resolve/ward into account. It adds to physical/spell resistance and sharpened will target that base number.
    The Flyers
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the extra mace penetration take buffs like major resolve / ward into account or does it only ignore mitigation from armor + set boni?

That said if you lower the enemy resistances, it'll lower the resists your mace ignores.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The bleed is weak.. its purge able and in pvp its about burst damage.. and as I stated if your really pressed for pen.. and also who cares cares about about the shield aspect.. its to break through all the heavy armor builds running around.. that's what pen is for.. you have shield breaker and CP passives to deal with shields.. so you could instead of investing points in to penetration CP tree you could use those points in increase damage to shields.. while maintaining the armor pen against heavy armor wearing players.. If pen was so worthless then why are some of the most wanted sets for pvp like sprigens and such are about adding penetration...

In the end Sword is just the go to for most builds.. with mual being distance 2nd.. while axe is been dead last for pvp for a very long time.

You ever played against guys, who just spamm Dots and Attacks with axes against you? You have 10 effects after few seconds on you and try to purge them its only wasting time?! I switched my Ritual as major purge to damage, because its wasting time not making pressure instead of purging all effects.. after purge, you get back the effects directly and offensive skills are much cheaper as defensive ones!
    Edited by DeHei on June 28, 2017 6:37PM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, wasn't sure about the maul boni.

And to say the axe bleed is week? It hits twice as hard as the final hurricane tick and even the rending slashes DoT is only at about 60% of the TBaB axe bleed. I don't think it's week.
    Edit: TBaB and Heavy Weapons bleed have the same tooltip.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on June 28, 2017 9:12PM
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »

You ever played against guys, who just spamm Dots and Attacks with axes against you? You have 10 effects after few seconds on you and try to purge them its only wasting time?! I switched my Ritual as major purge to damage, because its wasting time not making pressure instead of purging all effects.. after purge, you get back the effects directly and offensive skills are much cheaper as defensive ones!

ya.. so removing 50% of the debuffs with one cast.. and removing all that damage is worthless /facepalm.

For them to keep reapplying that many dots they will run out of resources way before you will.. Also the only class that's going to be able to do that solo is mage DK.. other wise you are talking about group pvp and most of those are not damage procs but just debuffs.. Axe proc is weak damage and pvp is about burst.. hence the uproar for months over proc sets.. vipers, seleens, veldreth, red mountain.. why because they add an extra layer of burst and swords buff those damage procs.. axe do nothing to support that burst damage.

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »

ya.. so removing 50% of the debuffs with one cast.. and removing all that damage is worthless /facepalm.

For them to keep reapplying that many dots they will run out of resources way before you will.. Also the only class that's going to be able to do that solo is mage DK.. other wise you are talking about group pvp and most of those are not damage procs but just debuffs.. Axe proc is weak damage and pvp is about burst.. hence the uproar for months over proc sets.. vipers, seleens, veldreth, red mountain.. why because they add an extra layer of burst and swords buff those damage procs.. axe do nothing to support that burst damage.

There aren't just Templars out there. And again, the axe bleed is anything but weak.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H-Axe Bleed used to be a thing in past but now not so sure.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.