The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

160* Purple Recipes

fengshui1983
fengshui1983
Soul Shriven
So I've been doing provisioning writs daily on all my characters for months and I'm assuming the max you can get is the 100* to 140* recipes so can anyone tell me where in the world you find the 150* to 160* purple recipes?

Senche-Tiger Single Malt / Velothi View Vintage Malbec / Orcrest Agony Pale Ale / Lust Argonian Maid Mazte
Capon Tomato-Beet Casserole / Jugged Rabbit in Preserves / Longfin Pasty with Melon sauce / Withered Tree Inn Venison Pot Roast
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate on the CP150 Recipes (which scale to CP160) seems to have cratered. Plus with 1000 plus furniture plans mixed into the drop tables for Recipes, it has pushed it down even more. That and the increased demand for them for pursuing the Master Writs has seen the prices for those recipes at 30K gold or more in the Guild Stores.

The best source for them is doing provisioning writs. But, ZOS either deliberately or mistakenly set it so that both CP100 and CP150 Recipes are needed for Tier 6 Writs. And, your only going to get a CP150 Recipe on writs that ask for CP150 Foods and Drinks.

So, my advice, is do as many Tier 6 Writs that ask for CP150 Foods and Drinks, and also, farm every container you can find in the game like backpacks, furniture and urns. NPCs also drop them. Note, you need to be both CP150 or better character level, and have all 6 points into Recipe levels for best results with Farming. The best Urn Farm in the game is Old Orsinium Public Dungeon.

However, you can usually buy stacks of the Foods or Drinks pretty cheap in the Guild Stores. A stack of 100 will last a character 3 months usually as each food gives 2 Hours to 2 Hours 20 Minutes of Buff, so you only use one or two a day.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• fengshui1983
    fengshui1983
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah I have max level provisioning skills and I'm cp 450 I have all blue green and purple recipes from writs but not one 160* purple. I'm doing this for master writ recipes too so I think I need to craft it myself.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, for regular writs anyone can craft, but for Master Writs you have to craft it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top level writs will drop them, plus they have a chance to drop in any container that drops recipes for top rank provisioners.

They are rare, and some are exceedingly rare. I have received one Malbec ever in some 6000+ writs. I domthem every day on eight characters....over a year...I know I've only received one because I've watched for one to give my friend.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor is bang on as always
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for a receipt (or motif) to drop is pointless. Just continue to play, earn some coins and then buy it. *Lots* faster this way.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get 160 to drop in dailies, but it is so rare anymore. I only get 140 if a purple drops at all. Have not looted one in ages either because the loot table is so diluted with crap green furniture and provisioning recipes which I vender trash now. They really need to scale the rewards to character level and craft skill. If you are maxed at both, you should never receive anything below a CP160. Problem fixed zeni......
  • Redhawk05
    Redhawk05
    ✭✭
    Buy them off traders.

Do level 6 writs. Collect everything you can provisioning wise when in dungeons/delves. You can make delve runs you've already been in just for prov supplies, and come out with a ton of the prov mats.

Yerba Mate and Isinglass FTW!

-

• AJSnakeGaming
    AJSnakeGaming
    ✭✭
    Does the Jugged Rabbit in Preserves recipe actually exist? I have had all other purple recipes several times. Used the extras on alts and given them away to friends and guild members. I have never seen it on a guild trader on PS4 EU. I have asked many times in text chat but nope never.
    PS4 EU server.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AJ1086 wrote: »
    Does the Jugged Rabbit in Preserves recipe actually exist? I have had all other purple recipes several times. Used the extras on alts and given them away to friends and guild members. I have never seen it on a guild trader on PS4 EU. I have asked many times in text chat but nope never.
    Yes, although it is super rare. I received my first drop of it the other day after playing daily since the game came out on console.

• AJSnakeGaming
    AJSnakeGaming
    ✭✭
    Ah cool. I'll keep waiting / searching then :smile:
    Edited by AJSnakeGaming on June 28, 2017 7:03PM
    PS4 EU server.
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    I often sell Longfin pasty whatevers...I picked up the recipe from a trader as soon as I maxed my provisioning level...it has since paid many times the cost of the recipe. One recipe =35K. Sell 100 stack at 7K once every few days...and I have been doing this for months. As for cost of materials I havent rly kept track but it always seems like a stack or two sells right when I need an injection of coin.
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    The best Urn Farm in the game is Old Orsinium Public Dungeon.

I think everyone is on to this... last couple times I raided urns here it was pure lockpick and motif...

• Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    AJ1086 wrote: »

Funny thing, that's the only one I was able to find so far. I bought couple in guild stores but this is the only one I got myself.