The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Bug Report]: Ferocious Leap procs Viper, weapon enchants (video)

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Ferocious Leap seems to be erroneously proccing Viper and weapon enchants (possibly other effects too). I was hit multiple times with this today and each time checked my combat log to confirm that the player did not hit me with any light attack etc in conjunction with Leap.

Leap should not be proccing either of these effects - it is an AOE flame damage ultimate. It is not a weapon attack and should absolutely not be proccing enchants. While it inflicts its damage in melee range, it is also ranged and AOE and should certainly be excluded from proccing Viper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tizMC11pPDE
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Ferocious Leap seems to be erroneously proccing Viper and weapon enchants (possibly other effects too). I was hit multiple times with this today and each time checked my combat log to confirm that the player did not hit me with any light attack etc in conjunction with Leap.

Leap should not be proccing either of these effects - it is an AOE flame damage ultimate. It is not a weapon attack and should absolutely not be proccing enchants. While it inflicts its damage in melee range, it is also ranged and AOE and should certainly be excluded from proccing Viper.

Viper is supposed to proc on melee attacks.

Not on light attacks, not on single-target attacks, not on physical attacks. On melee attacks. The leap is a melee attack.

I'm not defending viper - that thing can DIAF for all i care - but this particular case does not seem like a bug to me.
    Edited by Sharee on June 28, 2017 2:59PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Not on light attacks, not on single-target attacks, not on physical attacks. On melee attacks. The leap is a melee attack.

I'm not defending viper - that thing can DIAF for all i care - but this particular case does not seem like a bug to me.

Then why doesn't it proc on Dawnbreaker, Soul Harvest, Crescent Sweep, etc etc etc??
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

Then why doesn't it proc on Dawnbreaker, Soul Harvest, Crescent Sweep, etc etc etc??

Well, the obvious answer is "because the game does not consider those to be melee attacks", but you do have a point - at the very least soul harvest should count as melee attack. I would say the bug here is wrong categorization of some abilities as "not melee" when they should be, not viper proccing on leap.