The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dual vMA staves and poisons.

MehrunesFlagon
MehrunesFlagon
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title suggests, I'm using 2 Maelstrom staves with poisons on bar. So what I need cleared up is, if I have both fire and lightning as a sorc. Which bar would be ideal to slot the poisons on. Using absorb magicka poison btw.
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    You'll want to use it on whatever bar you do not have wall of elements on
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    In a raid you'd use fire blockade and lightning staff would have the poison. Solo content4man having your own lightning blockade will be beneficial so inferno with poison in that situation. @seedubsrun Said it simply.
    The Flyers
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    In a raid you'd use fire blockade and lightning staff would have the poison. Solo content4man having your own lightning blockade will be beneficial so inferno with poison in that situation. @seedubsrun Said it simply.

If poison also supress VMA spell damage then there is no need for having it as in raids healer wil be wearing worm and enough synergy will be there to get resources back or pull couple of HA
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative

If poison also supress VMA spell damage then there is no need for having it as in raids healer wil be wearing worm and enough synergy will be there to get resources back or pull couple of HA

It doesn't. It only suppresses the crushing wall. Intended feature that was introduced with dark brotherhood.
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    As the title suggests, I'm using 2 Maelstrom staves with poisons on bar. So what I need cleared up is, if I have both fire and lightning as a sorc. Which bar would be ideal to slot the poisons on. Using absorb magicka poison btw.

Poisoned lightning front, unpoisoned inferno back, assuming blockade is also back. If you're not doing a heavy attack build, you can swap the elements if your group needs more lightning walls up.

(Absorb magicka poisons are inefficient expensive garbage btw)
    Edited by theamazingx on June 28, 2017 12:24PM
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_Dexter It doesn't suppress the spell damage.

Also OP listen to @theamazingx those poisons are expensive garbage. I personally use to rock double sharp VMA lightning/fire and my DPS with lightning blockade was 37k, fire blockade was 34k. I switched to using fire blockade and a random crafted lightning staff golded with gold spell dmg enchant and dps went up to 36k...

Double VMA<VMA+Random crafted<Infal/Dancer staff with VMA.
    The Flyers
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double VMA<VMA+Random crafted<Infal/Dancer staff with VMA.

Double vma, with poisons on one (ravage health, not absorb magicka) actually performs slightly better than md/vma in single target, it's just that poisons are current broken such that secondary effects (like the ravage over time in a ravage+ravage over time poison) aren't proccing properly, and md staves in practice are better because the spelldamage will improve aoe. An enchanted trash staff is not by any means stronger than a poisoned vma, even with poisons being broken. The only exceptions is for a magdk who runs blockade frontbar - they'd take enchanted trash back over a poisoned vma.
    Edited by theamazingx on June 28, 2017 1:20PM
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Poisoned lightning front, unpoisoned inferno back, assuming blockade is also back. If you're not doing a heavy attack build, you can swap the elements if your group needs more lightning walls up.

(Absorb magicka poisons are inefficient expensive garbage btw)

well say you run netch and moondancer. that would make it quite obvious,but I do like to play around a bit. Quite frankly I do find them to be useful when I don't happen to be able to get the synergies/nobody is running magic steal. so I suppose some of this is situational.