Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Just so you all know...

LinearParadox
LinearParadox
✭✭✭✭✭
Fear is STILL bugged, and cannot be broken out of reliably. I'm an experienced PvP'er and player, and can routinely break all CCs (Stun, knockup, knockdown, etc) functionally immediately... EXCEPT Fear. It still has the BS 1-2 seconds of having to WAIT until the animation starts before being breakable.
If you're PvPing, and your burst combo relies on fearing a target first, or you're wondering why you seem to have better success that way instead of other forms of CC, that's why. It's bugged, and I'm not the only one that has said it, or felt it. Just letting you know, you're basically abusing an exploit.
Am I ranting? You bet I am. I'm sick and tired of being able to fight 2 and even 3 people at the same time, for minutes on end, breaking CCs, blocking, rolling, whatever........ until I'm feared. Then I can mash Break-free until my keys break, and all I can do is sit there and watch my character die like I'm AFK. It's F-ing infuriating.
twitch.tv/linearparadox
Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
CP 1100+
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use fear on people all the time and they break out of it instantly.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah see, there's always someone that comes along and undermines things like this, but I'm not the only one that's had the issue.
    I'm not sure what causes it, but sometimes I can break out of it, and other no matter how much I mash the buttons, I'm forced to run about in circles like a dumbs*** while I die. Might have something to do with animation queuing or something, I'm not sure.
    What I can tell you is this wonderful example; Was playing IC earlier 1v1, 1v2, 1v3, etc... I died twice. Both times to a fear combo. Both times to a NB that I was fighting for several minutes at a crack, and every single burst attempt was countered... except his *** fear.
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    CP 1100+
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear is no more buggy then any other CC. Infact sometimes Fear just doesn't work at all despite the target not being CC immune or having Immovable/pot up.

The times Fear does bug is due to lag, BUT Fire Reach, Templar Javelin, and DragonKnight Stone Giant also bugs in the same way(being unable to Break out) I was knocked down 3 times back to back last night despite being CC immune....its lag...fear does the same thing

The ping indicator in game is not real time and is not an accurate depiction of your network latency to ZOS servers...the game has suffered from mini giant ping spikes for years, and it's been worse then ever recently.

CC in general have been buggy since Morrowind due to whatever is causing the increased latency on their servers
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard people since I started the game complain about this yet I have never once had an issue with it? am I the only one? or do people have bad timing and think its broken?
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See that's the thing, some people say they have no problem with it, but I swear it's wonky for me. I can break every CD reliably, almost instantly, but fear almost always has a significant delay. It's extremely rare that I can break it in a timely manner, and when I'm playing certain characters and builds like a MagSorc, 1-2 seconds unshielded means almost certain death.
    Getting really tired of having what would otherwise be good, challenging fights, with exciting combat and lightning counterplay, and with "Oh look, I got feared... *Mash break free to no avail* ... Oh look I'm dead. Yay. -_- "

Some of you have said it's lag, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but from personal experience it's /always/ fear. Never any other CC for me. So, maybe there's something about fear that makes it particularly susceptible to lag? Something about the animation or the way it's coded? We know it's coded differently since it's the only CC that goes through block, and it's the only CC that /takes over/ your character for the duration, actually giving it movement inputs. Perhaps this makes it particularly troublesome in high lag situations?
    Maybe if they changed it to, instead of making your character run about like a fool, just have it CC them in place like any other, but just replace the stun animation with the head-grabbing screamy animation of fear, minus the running around. Might make it more reliably broken in high-lag environments? Because right now, what it /feels/ like, is that you have to WAIT until the animation/running happens, before you can cancel it, which is what gets me killed. It's essentially an unbreakable CC while it's being, shall we say, uncooperative?
    Edited by LinearParadox on June 29, 2017 11:44AM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    CP 1100+
  • Benn G x
    Benn G x
    ✭✭✭
    Fear OP
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are always people who insist there's nothing wrong with a broken mechanic. Fear, like all CCs, is broken at times. I've been on the giving and receiving end of this bugginess. Most of the time breaking it is no problem, but sometimes even at max stamina it just doesn't work....and sometimes you'll even get unbreakably feared right through a solid wall and out of a keep.
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    There are always people who insist there's nothing wrong with a broken mechanic. Fear, like all CCs, is broken at times. I've been on the giving and receiving end of this bugginess. Most of the time breaking it is no problem, but sometimes even at max stamina it just doesn't work....and sometimes you'll even get unbreakably feared right through a solid wall and out of a keep.

This is a CC issue, not specific to fear. I get unbreakable CC on me all the time, not just fear.
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Fear more than any other CC puts you in the animation and will not let you break out. I use fear all the time and it is most definitely bugged out more times than not.

Love the "I am eating a sandwich so no one else can be hungry" arguments.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    akray21 wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

This is a CC issue, not specific to fear. I get unbreakable CC on me all the time, not just fear.

I agree with this, stunlocks and unbreakable CC are a common problem in ESO. It's absolutely enraging every single time. Fear gets special attention because it's a mobile cc, and being unable to break it or control your toon in any way when you have full stam, is especially enraging.

But it was fun in CoH a few weeks ago when our entire group kept getting feared through walls and off the map. It sometimes happens in Wayrest Sewers too.
    Edited by Reverb on June 29, 2017 1:45PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think fear is most prone because of its animation, that 1 sec of grabbing the head seems at times unbreakable
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • HiImRex
    HiImRex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear, rev bash, vampire drain CC usually has a animation delay before you're actually shown to be stunned which is really annoying if you aren't crutching hard on Miat CC alerts
  • jarrandub17_ESO
    jarrandub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have heard people since I started the game complain about this yet I have never once had an issue with it? am I the only one? or do people have bad timing and think its broken?

Never once? You sure about that? Perhaps you might be stretching a tad here to try and prove the OP wrong? Hmmmm, might have to call shenanigans.
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Fear doesn't work sometimes, at all. Sometimes it works right. And sometimes it does exactly what the OP says. And I have had this with other cc attacks too. I would say streak seems quite often to take me 2 or three seconds to break out of too. Hurt fingers. I blame latency.