The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maelstrom Daggers: Which build?

Faulgor
Faulgor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I got lucky and had a sharpaned/precise maelstrom dagger fall into my hands.
Now I feel kind of obligated to give them a shot, but I'm not sure which builds still use them post-Morrowind.

Any suggestions for class, skills, other gear?
Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK is best class due to having many DOT abilities which can get buff from VMA dagger/axe enchantment.
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK would benefit greatly technically, but post-Morrowind, vma rotations are so hard to sustain that they don't actually get the best results.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DK would benefit greatly technically, but post-Morrowind, vma rotations are so hard to sustain that they don't actually get the best results.

5 piece VO + 5 Piece TFS + 1 Krag/kena + 1 VMA dagger + 1 VMA Bow still not a bad setup.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh, you are in just the right position to test out a build that I am grinding for at the moment.

It is intended to be the ultimate brawler build, able to dish out huge damage and self-heal through any incoming damage, so ideal for vma, soloing group dungeons or world bosses. My theory crafted build was meant for a stam warden (they have so many ways to heal though doing damage), but I think every class could make this work.

I believe it is an original build that uses your maelstrom daggers to their full potential for single target dps on the front bar, and uses back bar for AoE, buffs and to trigger the briarheart set... so when you swap bars you will have

2 x maelstrom weapons, 2 full 5 piece gear sets AND 2 piece monster set

Bar 1 - your lovely maelstrom daggers
    Bar 2 - two precise briar heart daggers (available from guild traders)
    Jewelry - three briarheart or gold vicious serpent if you have it.
    Body - five pieces vicious serpent (it's bis for stam, but I plan to use Hundings so I can craft nice looking gear)
    Head and shoulders are monstrous (selene/veli work, but I preferred kragh''s for the penetration. Troll king could be fun too)

Briarheart is an often overlooked set, but it is incredibly easy to proc, especially if you have a few AoE dots up (eg caltrops, blade cloak or jabs if you are stamplar). Proc briarheart early in the fight to get +450 weapon damage for 10 seconds and your crit's heal you (that's why you have the perfect maelstrom daggers). With briarheart proc'd, using your maelstrom weapons to empower bllodthirst, blood craze and rearming trap.

The downsides of the build are that it doesn't have bow on the back bar, so you loose endless hail and poison injection. The plus side is the huge boosts to weapon damage. I want to write a lot more about this, and possible skill bar set-ups, but this is becoming a rant so I'll stop. Tag me in this post if you don't mind me suggesting more!
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • jkolb2030
    jkolb2030
    ✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Ooh, you are in just the right position to test out a build that I am grinding for at the moment.

It is intended to be the ultimate brawler build, able to dish out huge damage and self-heal through any incoming damage, so ideal for vma, soloing group dungeons or world bosses. My theory crafted build was meant for a stam warden (they have so many ways to heal though doing damage), but I think every class could make this work.

I believe it is an original build that uses your maelstrom daggers to their full potential for single target dps on the front bar, and uses back bar for AoE, buffs and to trigger the briarheart set... so when you swap bars you will have

2 x maelstrom weapons, 2 full 5 piece gear sets AND 2 piece monster set

Bar 1 - your lovely maelstrom daggers
    Bar 2 - two precise briar heart daggers (available from guild traders)
    Jewelry - three briarheart or gold vicious serpent if you have it.
    Body - five pieces vicious serpent (it's bis for stam, but I plan to use Hundings so I can craft nice looking gear)
    Head and shoulders are monstrous (selene/veli work, but I preferred kragh''s for the penetration. Troll king could be fun too)

Briarheart is an often overlooked set, but it is incredibly easy to proc, especially if you have a few AoE dots up (eg caltrops, blade cloak or jabs if you are stamplar). Proc briarheart early in the fight to get +450 weapon damage for 10 seconds and your crit's heal you (that's why you have the perfect maelstrom daggers). With briarheart proc'd, using your maelstrom weapons to empower bllodthirst, blood craze and rearming trap.

The downsides of the build are that it doesn't have bow on the back bar, so you loose endless hail and poison injection. The plus side is the huge boosts to weapon damage. I want to write a lot more about this, and possible skill bar set-ups, but this is becoming a rant so I'll stop. Tag me in this post if you don't mind me suggesting more!

Youre losing a lot of DPS without endless hail and poison injection, and will likely have a hard time sustaining if you have skills like blade cloak, flames of oblivion, and caltrops on your back bar while using rapid strikes on your front bar to empower your claw, rending, and trap.

Good idea for the weapon dmg and heals, but i think its overkill. My DK feels pretty hard to kill as it is with just blood thirst and a vigor here and there.

Still in for the number tho! test it!