Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Energy Orb or Mystic Orb?

Shanjijri
Shanjijri
✭✭✭✭
Another thread about a healer skill! Today, I want to know your opinion about Necrotic Orb and its morphs.

Energy Orb heals allies in its area of effect and restores magicka or stamina, and health, to the synergy user. Mystic Orb deals damage to nearby ennemies and restores magicka or stamina to the synergy user.
I read Energy Orb is better for trials because of the extra heal and Mystic Orb is better for dungeons because of the extra damage.

I tested both morphs and I think I have a preference for Energy Orb and its extra heal. If no one takes the orb, it heals and refresh SPC. Mystic Orb helps a bit with damage and even if I am a healer, I consider I have to help as much as possible to deal damage (because I do not provide buff or heal every second of the fight... Uh uh, it depends on the group actually), but I prefer to count on other skills to deal damage and have extra heal with floating orbs. Plus, I love yellow. (But I am not sheltered from a change of my point of view, as I like testing things everyday, even the ones I already tested.)

I am speaking about a PVE point of view, but I have to admit I like to cast a lot of yellow bubbles to siege users in Cyrodiil. Festive area!

Your turn now. Which morph do you use and why?
Edited by Shanjijri on June 27, 2017 10:30PM

Energy Orb or Mystic Orb? 41 votes

Energy Orb
90%
TryxusHrogunmartin.prescottb16_ESOYakidafikkravaritieb17_ESOInig0FlamehearthondelinksollleeuxshiningforcepaulsimonpsThe_SaintQuebraRegraGERMANO-THE-IMPERIALTyrion87JorotarrBrutusmax1musMercTheMageHeroOfSovngarde 37 votes
Mystic Orb
9%
Quaesivi0IthilienNeaaOmenRIP 4 votes
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Energy Orb
    Any day, got other ways to deal dmg and it can activate spc.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    Mystic Orb
    mystic all the way. you have springs for healing and RoR for spc. more dps = faster kill = less healing.
    energy was mainly used last patch for its aoe mag restore. the more Player you healed the more magica you restored.
    but now it restores a flat amount to 1 Person activating it.
    so you will get more value out of an additional aoe dot than a crapy aoe hot.
    but from the view of a templar healer i have to say:
    lol orbs, worse Version of spearshards and None templar healer skill. dont bother with it at all. you have spears :>
    Edited by Neaa on June 28, 2017 6:15AM
    PC EUW
    Main characters:
    CP630 - Templar support - Neaara - proud argonian
    CP630 - Warden support - Neaaro - proud argonian
    PVE - Guilds: Hodor, Dragons Crest, Potato Squad

PVE Templar Morrowind Healing Build
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neaa wrote: »
    but from the view of a templar healer i have to say:
    lol orbs, worse Version of spearshards and None templar healer skill. dont bother with it at all. you have spears :>

From a NB healer point of view: that's the only thing I have. :-(
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    Mystic Orb
    Griffe wrote: »
    Y i know. i use blueballs on my experimental warden support too. The cost of this spell is too much compared to what it gives to you. sucks to not have spearshards.
    On warden its so much more difficult to sustain your magica compared to a templar.
    Well im not a 100% into the warden Rotation yet (still have some skills overlapping for a second or so :< ) but the worst drain are the balls. I usually ditch them when we have 2 or 3 templars in the raid which use spearshards.
    PC EUW
    Main characters:
    PVE - Guilds: Hodor, Dragons Crest, Potato Squad

PVE Templar Morrowind Healing Build
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neaa wrote: »
    Griffe wrote: »
    Y i know. i use blueballs on my experimental warden support too. The cost of this spell is too much compared to what it gives to you. sucks to not have spearshards.

And you cannot target as well as shard. And the synergy is sometimes hard to catch.
    Edited by Shanjijri on June 28, 2017 9:26AM
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Energy Orb
    This patch: Energy Orb ftw. The other morph is just meh, especially in vet trials. People don't use this skill to deal dmg with it, but to regain some resources. And if you can get some health too, it's nice.
    Before: Mystic Orb because of its huge magicka recovery.
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    This patch: Energy Orb ftw. The other morph is just meh, especially in vet trials. People don't use this skill to deal dmg with it, but to regain some resources. And if you can get some health too, it's nice.
    Before: Mystic Orb because of its huge magicka recovery.

So much this.

@Neea
    Th advantage of orbs is that you can have 5-6 out at the same time. You can only have 1 shard out at a time. So, to provide synergies to 6 people you'd need to:
    Throw a shar at someone. Wait for them to pick it up. Repeat that 6 times.

Shards are good for tanks who are often stationary, but for larger groups just throw out Energy orbs, healing your DDs, procing SPC and giving them all synergies.
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
  • Neaa
    Neaa
    ✭✭
    Mystic Orb
    a shard can be synergized by more than 1 Person >_<
    thats related to Server latency...
    PC EUW
    Main characters: