The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nirncrux rarity?

zero01
zero01
So after posting and asking how I go about getting nirncrux (thank you for all the responses by the way, they were very helpful) I set out to farm it. And after 6 hrs I finally got one. Is this normal for the drop rate or is the RNG just being a jerk? Cause if that's the drop rate it's gonna take me a year to get enough to research all armor and weapons that I use.
Edited by zero01 on June 28, 2017 9:37AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you got one after farming for 6 hours, you are lucky! Took me longer than that to find my first piece. I resorted to buying the stuff from guild traders.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • zero01
    zero01
    I would buy from guild traders but the guild I'm in only has about 15 people so we don't have a guild store.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zero01 wrote: »
    I would buy from guild traders but the guild I'm in only has about 15 people so we don't have a guild store.

You can buy from any guild trader. They are in all major towns. Mournhold is a good place to shop or Rawl'kha.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • zero01
    zero01
    When i try to buy from a guild store it says the guild I'm in has to have at least 50 people in it in order to buy from another guild.
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭

https://tamrieltradecentre.com/

Couldn't find any nirnxxx via search but it may help you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As above. If you check the main hubs and search on the item you want, nirnhorned trait you will find the items premade ready to research. Fortified mat sells for about 5k and potent 20k. Normally the items made are about 8k and 22-25k ready to research

(Xbox EU)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When i try to buy from a guild store it says the guild I'm in has to have at least 50 people in it in order to buy from another guild.

Don't try to buy from your own guild's store since they don't have one. Go to other guild's stores. You can find them in any major town. In Mournhold, they are all around the wayshrine. In Rawl'kha, they are also around the wayshrine.

Look for this symbol on the map in major towns.....0igpybgtsucu.png
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    So after posting and asking how I go about getting nirncrux (thank you for all the responses by the way, they were very helpful) I set out to farm it. And after 6 hrs I finally got one. Is this normal for the drop rate or is the RNG just being a jerk? Cause if that's the drop rate it's gonna take me a year to get enough to research all armor and weapons that I use.

it's not anything you're doing wrong.
    I doubt the drop rates are as bad as they feel, it's just that Craglorn is much more heavily farmed compared to any other place. Personally, I'm much happier *not* farming the stuff, just doing regular quests, and group stuff. In the course of doing that you get plenty of gold, and when the day comes you want a nirncrux, just buy one from a guild store.

At this point, it is not even a desirable trait for weaponry or armor. But if you're wanting pieces to research, I'd just find a friend who will do it in exchange for the ninrcrux. Example, you need a nirncrux mace to research, it's going to cost 10k for a potent, which is cheaper than buying a iron nirncrux mace from a guild store for probably 15k.

Remember: Potent is for weapons, Fortified is for armor. Fortified is quite a bit cheaper, so be aware!

EDIT: I gave you NA PC prices. Like someone above points out, other may be more.
    Edited by Reivax on June 28, 2017 3:55PM