The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question: Enchanting purple to gold ?

Blud
Blud
✭✭✭✭✭
Today I enchanted a purple monster set to gold. I didn't look at the amount of stamina on the piece before I enchanted it, but when it was gold it was 868. Then I made a gold enchantment for the piece and that said 868.

So does enchanting even matter if you make a purple piece into gold? I'm confused.
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the answer in guild chat.

I guess set pieces automatically upgrade. So you just need kuta glyphs if you want to change the enchant or put them on a crafted piece.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, only the original enchant in looted gear upgrades when you improve the item. Crafted glyphs never auto-upgrade.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone