The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Aldmeri Dominion Main Questline

Aca2017
Aca2017
✭✭✭
I am a relatively recent player. Just completed the Aldmeri Dominion main story questline on my first toon. The Reaper's March component is intensely Kajiit-centric (as one might expect), and emotionally very dark. I found it hard to take.

Also fairly challenging "technically", in terms of gameplay/difficulty (for instance, the "Stonefire Machinations" encounters required "safety gear", heavy armor with regen attributes, etc).

All old hat to more experienced players, I am sure, but intense for me, experiencing it for the first time. Going to be a while before I want to carry additional toons through that content. Having to confront those story choices again will be tough.

Anything else available to other factions that compares?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the Rivenspire storyline (in DC) pretty emotional. Rivenspire and Reaper's March are my two favourite storylines for writing.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowfen in the pact area I would say will also get a grip on you.
    It got some darker story and hard choices to make.
    Edited by Yakidafi on June 28, 2017 7:48AM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just follow the stories, but they're more realistic and dull than when you see it in other games, and movies and books.

Like, if you take the option to have a person killed, because he did something bad, but regrets the choices he made, it's one stab and the person's dead. In other games, that person would have a really deep and emotional monologue for 1 or 2 minutes before he actually dies.

Also, when a human or elf dies, I don't care, but when a Khajiit or Argonian dies, it might get tough.