Maintenance for the week of June 17:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 19, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issues related to logging in to the European PlayStation®4 megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Purchases server bound

Babellon
Babellon
Soul Shriven
Yesterday I decided to spend some crowns buying the Imperial upgrade on the NA server side. Everything worked fine....Now today i log into EU server side and it tells me I cannot access imperial upgrade. How is this logical? I purchased an upgrade to my account why is it locked to a server? whether I log into EU or NA it is still my account.
Is this normal or should I contact support?
No retreat No surrender!
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, you can log onto your account on the other region?
  • Sintao
    Sintao
    ✭✭
    Alas, as far as I know all items purchased via the crown store are only available on the server they were purchased on. This includes DLCs such as "Imperial City" purchased under the DLC submenu of the crown store. However (and someone will correct me if I am wrong!) the Digital Imperial City Upgrade (listed under Upgrades) should be account wide.
  • Babellon
    Babellon
    Soul Shriven
    Yes dracindo you can log into either mega server as far as I can tell, I've been able to do so for the entire week I've been here.
    No retreat No surrender!
  • Babellon
    Babellon
    Soul Shriven
    Sintao wrote: »
    Alas, as far as I know all items purchased via the crown store are only available on the server they were purchased on. This includes DLCs such as "Imperial City" purchased under the DLC submenu of the crown store. However (and someone will correct me if I am wrong!) the Digital Imperial City Upgrade (listed under Upgrades) should be account wide.

    yea I found that little jewel after some further searching through the support page.
    This company seems to have a very restricted customer policy.
    No retreat No surrender!
  • Sintao
    Sintao
    ✭✭
    Babellon wrote: »
    ...

    yea I found that little jewel after some further searching through the support page.
    This company seems to have a very restricted customer policy.

    Hmmm, if you purchased the Imperial City DLC (basically by mistake in this case), and want the Digital Imperial City Upgrade (as it applies to your account), I strongly suspect that lodging a ticket about it with Customer Service would yield dividends. My own experience is they are very good at helping with mistakes like this.

  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Babellon wrote: »
    Sintao wrote: »
    Alas, as far as I know all items purchased via the crown store are only available on the server they were purchased on. This includes DLCs such as "Imperial City" purchased under the DLC submenu of the crown store. However (and someone will correct me if I am wrong!) the Digital Imperial City Upgrade (listed under Upgrades) should be account wide.

    yea I found that little jewel after some further searching through the support page.
    This company seems to have a very restricted customer policy.


    it's been stated many times since launch that the NA and EU are separate, not ZOS's fault and it is kind of common sense that the two servers are separate.
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The Imperial Upgrade (the one that allows you to make Imperial race characters and gives you the white horse) is a bit of a weird one.

    All crown store items are server specific - doesn't matter what it is, if you buy it on the NA server you won't have it on EU and vice versa. But the Imperial Upgrade is (was?) also sold outside of the game - the collectors edition of the base game included it and for the first year it was possible to buy the Upgrade on the website the same way Morrowind is purchased. If you did it that way you got it on both servers. But if you buy it through the crown store then it's server specific.

    (It's the same with the Explorer's/Adventurer's pack - if you got it as a pre-order bonus then it was a separate key you applied to your account through the website and you got it on both servers, if you bought it in the crown store then you only had it on the one server.)

    So the system is consistent, but it depends on where you purchase/unlock something rather than what it is. And as far as I know that isn't actually explained anywhere except the forum topics that appear on a regular basis when someone gets into this exact situation.
    PC EU player. | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

    "Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    Babellon wrote: »
    Sintao wrote: »
    Alas, as far as I know all items purchased via the crown store are only available on the server they were purchased on. This includes DLCs such as "Imperial City" purchased under the DLC submenu of the crown store. However (and someone will correct me if I am wrong!) the Digital Imperial City Upgrade (listed under Upgrades) should be account wide.

    yea I found that little jewel after some further searching through the support page.
    This company seems to have a very restricted customer policy.


    it's been stated many times since launch that the NA and EU are separate, not ZOS's fault and it is kind of common sense that the two servers are separate.

    But in other games I've played even if the servers are separate and you can't transfer characters or items between them or play cross-server any item which is described as 'account wide' applies to your entire account - across all the servers. ESO is the only game I know of where account unlocks are actually server-specific. And whilst I know that information is out there I don't think it's nearly as clear as it needs to be.
    PC EU player. | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

    "Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • rynth
    rynth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how much more clearer does it have to be when is says it is not cross server?
    When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    Babellon wrote: »
    Yesterday I decided to spend some crowns buying the Imperial upgrade on the NA server side. Everything worked fine....Now today i log into EU server side and it tells me I cannot access imperial upgrade. How is this logical? I purchased an upgrade to my account why is it locked to a server? whether I log into EU or NA it is still my account.
    Is this normal or should I contact support?

    This is why I won't play on the EU server. All of my dlcs, cosmetics, upgrades, mounts, and dyes are all only on the NA server. I tried to do EU once but I put way too much money into the game to not have access to what I paid for.
Sign In or Register to comment.