The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chest locations addon

wesmont65
wesmont65
✭✭
I was wondering if there's an addon to show all possible chest locations on the map. I've installed Chest Master 9000 but you've to discover it first and then you can see it on the map. I know that HarvestMap is the same, you need to discover the chest first and then you can see it on the map. I wish there's an addon that shows the possible chest locations in a zone, like the zone maps on eso wiki.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvest map is the only one I know.

You also can merge your data with others via their instructions and it will give you the most up to date data file showing all locations, you don't have to find everything yourself.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • wesmont65
    wesmont65
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

You also can merge your data with others via their instructions and it will give you the most up to date data file showing all locations, you don't have to find everything yourself.

ok, so i'll probably install HarvestMap instead, but how can you update the map data, are there any instructions on the addon's description page?
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wesmont65 wrote: »

ok, so i'll probably install HarvestMap instead, but how can you update the map data, are there any instructions on the addon's description page?

This can be a a little confusing at first but here's how to do it:
    1. Install HarvestMap
    2. Run the game and setup the addon (unsure if you really need to do this step).
    3. Logout of the game.
    4. Goto http://www.teso-harvest-merge.de/
    5. Click on the "Download lua files with all nodes" link in the middle of the page.
    6. Upload the 5 specified files from ESO's SavedVariables directory. On Windows this should be "\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables\" by default. Yes, these files will be empty for you but you need to do this to get the correct structure/data in the Lua files.
    7. Download the files and extract/save into your SavedVariables directory.
    8. Run the game and you should see all the locations (turn things on/off in the map filters).
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • wesmont65
    wesmont65
    ✭✭
    wesmont65 wrote: »

This can be a a little confusing at first but here's how to do it:
    1. Install HarvestMap
    2. Run the game and setup the addon (unsure if you really need to do this step).
    3. Logout of the game.
    4. Goto http://www.teso-harvest-merge.de/
    5. Click on the "Download lua files with all nodes" link in the middle of the page.
    6. Upload the 5 specified files from ESO's SavedVariables directory. On Windows this should be "\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables\" by default. Yes, these files will be empty for you but you need to do this to get the correct structure/data in the Lua files.
    7. Download the files and extract/save into your SavedVariables directory.
    8. Run the game and you should see all the locations (turn things on/off in the map filters).

thank you mate!!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necroing this thread to see whether the answer has changed. I'm particularly interested in chests that are inside group dungeons.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FrancisCrawford

Shameless plug, my mapping AddOn TTMP (The Tamriel Mapping Project) has many chest locations already mapped:
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info1427-TTMPTheTamrielMappingProject.html

My latest SavedVariables file for the AddOn has over 44,000 tracked assets:
    https://esoui.com/downloads/info1531-TTMPSavedVariables.html

bye1.gif
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Map pins shows them all too.