The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

want to get into pvp

jmruiz96
jmruiz96
Soul Shriven
So this is my first MMO ever. I've been playing for a few months now and I just hit cp160 on one of my characters. I've stuck mostly to Pve. I started out solo just questing and then I got hooked on dungeons and trials. I always been super intimidated by pvp, but I want to give it a try with a new toon. what are some good builds specifically for pvp? I have any race/alliance but no imperials.

Also (dumb question alert) Do tanks really matter in pvp? Or is everyone trying to have as much health possible and put out as much dps possible?
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Short response: Experiment with sustain sets and go no CP. Do your research on sets for your tank/healer or mag/stam damage dealers, same thing goes with 2p undaunted; figure out what works for YOU. After that it's all about accumulating experience in the field. Throw yourself into fights and master the sustain, CC control and defend against different class combos being thrown at you(Curse/meteor/proc frag/mages wrath/streak).

It's up to you. I know a girl who PVP's and just heals for hours on end, some people like to have builds that are absolutely ridiculous to kill while others like me just go straight into all around survival+great damage.

Go no cp if you're not near CP cap, or you'll be at a real disadvantage with both the queue and damage numbers going against you. My advice is go in with your favourite class and a build you find comfortable.

You'll need to play around with sustain sets like eternal hunt/lich/amberplasm/bone pirate/seducer/marksman and figure out which is best for you. Do research on undaunted 2p and see which ones you like the best and go out and farm them. Willpower/agility jewelry is a very strong set so you may want to invest in those, adding a reduce cost glyph to the jewelry if you're having sustain issues will help as well.

The Flyers
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play as a tank but go in slow . Just defend your territory . Repair walls , siege and Rez experienced players until you get the hang of it . They will appreciate the assistance .
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jmruiz96 wrote: »
    So this is my first MMO ever. I've been playing for a few months now and I just hit cp160 on one of my characters. I've stuck mostly to Pve. I started out solo just questing and then I got hooked on dungeons and trials. I always been super intimidated by pvp, but I want to give it a try with a new toon. what are some good builds specifically for pvp? I have any race/alliance but no imperials.

Also (dumb question alert) Do tanks really matter in pvp? Or is everyone trying to have as much health possible and put out as much dps possible?

Which class?

Also, best way to learn the basics is to have a friend who is experienced at PVP duel you over and over, help you practice your cc, burst combo, managing resources etc.

Whatever kind of build, you need at least some way to mitigate damage (either shields, blocking, roll dodging or very high resistances), some kind of CC (ideally also some root), some kind of self heal and some burst dps combo.