The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't get to character load screen

Feindrah
Feindrah
✭✭✭
After having issues with the patch this morning, I finally got it to work, but now I can't seem to get onto the character select screen. It's been stuck loading for 30 min. I tried to close out and restart the launcher, but that doesn't seem to help anything. I also took out my addons. I'm still not able to select my character.
PC/NA
Khajiit Magplar
  • Feindrah
    Feindrah
    ✭✭✭
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it didn't seem to help.
    PC/NA
    Khajiit Magplar
  • Rainfeather
    I am having the same problem. Mine times out to say that I was inactive.
  • Feindrah
    Feindrah
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it's really weird. Never had this problem until today. I sent a ticket and I'm getting help now. If a solution is found I will let everyone know.
    PC/NA
    Khajiit Magplar
  • Feindrah
    Feindrah
    ✭✭✭
    I was finally able to log in thanks to the support staff!
    For anyone else with the problem here is what they told me to do and I finally got back in. I did reinstall earlier, but it seems doing the update then repair in that order is what works:

Another thing you can try is deleting the launcher files and then redownloading the launcher from your account page. Do not worry! This does not mean that you need to download the game again; we are just getting rid of the launcher so that we have the newest, up-to-date version to work with.

On a PC:
    By default, your launcher files are found here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher

On a Mac:
    Open Finder, go to Applications, and then look for the Zenimax Online folder. The Launcher folder will be under the main ZOS folder.

Please delete this Launcher folder. Then, log in to your account on our website and click on the "Download Game" button on the page.
    Please allow the launcher to download completely. It should recognize that your computer has game files, so when you click on the client it may say "play" or "repair."
    To be on the safe side, the last steps you should complete should be checking for updates and running a repair, just to make sure that the game is up to date and ready to go. To do this, please follow these steps:

Click on the Game Options cog under the News section of the main screen on the launcher.
    From the drop-down list, please choose Check for Updates.
    Allow the launcher to run through its checks and updates. This may take a few minutes, and you may see it run from 0 to 100% and back down to 0% again. This is normal! Just let the launcher finish checking for updates.

Once it's done checking for updates, please repeat this process to do the repair. From the drop-down menu, please choose Repair and then give the launcher a few minutes to make sure that all of the files are in good working order.

As soon as the repair is done, please try running the game again. If you continue to have issues, please let us know and we will investigate further.
    PC/NA
    Khajiit Magplar