Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade vs Magsorc

Sarato
Sarato
✭✭✭
GO!
Take me drunk, I'm home. Fav song: Pony - Ginuwine
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

I fixed your title for you.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just have to stalk them and pick the right time to pounce and every ability from stealth
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

;-;
    Edited by Sarato on June 26, 2017 1:36PM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fries vs potato ?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

If that´s your perceived truth it might indicate a problem of gitting gud with stamblade.

Magsorc vs StamNB should not be able to kill each other if both play defensively in open world setups.
    The NB depends on the sorc to play offensive to score a kill.
    The sorc depends on the NB to step into mines to do so.

For dueling an axebleed heavyarmor build should win on NB.
    Edited by Derra on June 26, 2017 8:29AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

If that´s your perceived truth it might indicate a problem of gitting gud with stamblade.

Magsorc vs StamNB should not be able to kill each other if both play defensively in open world setups.

i heard axe bleed heavy armor is very strong, know of any build that you could share? Another question, Im assuming this build would be viable to fight any other class as well?
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Because you don't need to git gud with magsorcs, you just follow a build and you're gud.

Stamblades are good if you know how to play and build them, but magsorcs are much easier to play with.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Because you don't need to git gud with magsorcs, you just follow a build and you're gud.

Stamblades are good if you know how to play and build them, but magsorcs are much easier to play with.

Meanwhile in reality, even a monkey can play a procblade. Hard to screw up when you have infinite sustain and still enough burst to kill people easily...
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Meanwhile in reality, even a monkey can play a procblade. Hard to screw up when you have infinite sustain and still enough burst to kill people easily...

I'm just saying, that magsorc will kill 100 players before the stamblade can. Also, my friend beat my main stamblade, while staying above 75% the entire time, and I was using a meta build. Meanwhile, my scrubby sorc, no meta, had no problem killing him.

So for me, magsorcs are easier to play with then stamblades. But maybe that has changed since the Morrowind DLC.
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @Valencer

Infinite sustain... no sir.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

I'm just saying, that magsorc will kill 100 players before the stamblade can. Also, my friend beat my main stamblade, while staying above 75% the entire time, and I was using a meta build. Meanwhile, my scrubby sorc, no meta, had no problem killing him.

So for me, magsorcs are easier to play with then stamblades. But maybe that has changed since the Morrowind DLC.

Wait wait wait, so you're talking about pre Morrowind? Why are you affirming things, entering a debate even, if you don't know the current state of things? I just don't get why you posted when you don't even know the situation. Like really why?
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sry but you are clueless. A procblade has far from infinite sustain. What a procblade excels at is jumping in at targets already under pressure and finish them off. Solo they cant do much if u know how to counter their burst.

Edited by Glamdring on June 26, 2017 9:26AM
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarato wrote: »
    @Valencer

Well, it's not really the game's problem if your build isnt good enough. Im hitting 1300 magicka regen and ~2500 stamina regen unbuffed on mine and that's pretty much as close to infinite as you can get with a build that can still kill people. Cloak got indirectly buffed because many abilities that previously broke it now don't anymore, so having good magicka sustain is a huge boost to your survivability.

I stopped being surprised about there being so many more procblades post-morrowind after I geared up mine and actually gave it a proper try. This playstyle is idiot proof and still threatening even against experienced players due to proc sets being ridiculous.

Magicka sorc is really strong too though. Can't run them out of stamina with the new CP changes and gear options and keeping damage shields up at all times is very much sustainable for most of them. That being said, stamina nightblades with procs are on a completely different level at the moment.
    Glamdring wrote: »

Sry but you are clueless. A procblade has far from infinite sustain. What a procblade excels at is jumping in at targets already under pressure and finish them off. Solo they cant do much if u know how to counter their burst.

The reality is any spec can't do much if you know how to counter their burst. Procblades are no different in that regard, aside from the fact they can proc 10k+ burst damage with 1 light attack or surprise attack and it's really easy to Xv1 people with that.
    Edited by Valencer on June 26, 2017 9:30AM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Yes - it has changed - a lot.

Some people on these forums are still living in the past though - don't listen to them! Get out there and play and play close attention to what you perceive to be overpowered and try to decide if it still is with a fresh, unbiased set of eyes.

Back to the original question..

--Depends on player skill and situation.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • incite
    incite
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Valencer

Well, it's not really the game's problem if your build isnt good enough. Im hitting 1300 magicka regen and ~2500 stamina regen unbuffed on mine and that's pretty much as close to infinite as you can get with a build that can still kill people. Cloak got indirectly buffed because many abilities that previously broke it now don't anymore, so having good magicka sustain is a huge boost to your survivability.

I stopped being surprised about there being so many more procblades post-morrowind after I geared up mine and actually gave it a proper try. This playstyle is idiot proof and still threatening even against experienced players due to proc sets being ridiculous.

Magicka sorc is really strong too though. Can't run them out of stamina with the new CP changes and gear options and keeping damage shields up at all times is very much sustainable for most of them. That being said, stamina nightblades with procs are on a completely different level at the moment.
    Glamdring wrote: »

The reality is any spec can't do much if you know how to counter their burst. Procblades are no different in that regard, aside from the fact they can proc 10k+ burst damage with 1 light attack or surprise attack and it's really easy to Xv1 people with that.

this post is correct
    PC EU

no1 knows me, no1 cares about me but sshh, don't tell

• Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Wait wait wait, so you're talking about pre Morrowind? Why are you affirming things, entering a debate even, if you don't know the current state of things? I just don't get why you posted when you don't even know the situation. Like really why?

I tried stamblade, but not my Magsorc yet. But I've seen enough magsorcs running around everywhere, swiftly killing things to know what's up.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

I tried stamblade, but not my Magsorc yet. But I've seen enough magsorcs running around everywhere, swiftly killing things to know what's up.

All I can see is Sorcs being slaughtered in BGs with their tiny shields.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, before anyone comments on the "stamblades being better than we think" part of this thread, let's think about this:

Would you rather have 2 Magsorcs or 2 Stamblades in your 4-man group as DD?
    Edited by Dracindo on June 26, 2017 9:52AM
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    waaahhhh my stamina templar :/
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Selene2 Viper5 EternalC*nt 5 procc that statement 100 to 0 in one buttonpress.
    Magsorc is easy to stay alive on. Stamblade is easy to kill on.

Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

All I can see is Sorcs being slaughtered in BGs with their tiny shields.

Magsorc is still really strong even in BGs - but building them properly requires much more thought than equipping procs on a NB.

Shields being balanced around 20% inflated stats with CP is a problem in bgs definetly.
    Edited by Derra on June 26, 2017 10:09AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Had a really intense fight with one of the oldest stamblades on my server yesterday.

If you mind the burst, you won't die, not even against Selene. The same is true for the NB, though. Cloak+LoS assure you're healing to full. Sorc has to judge correctly when to stack shields and when Hardened is enough.

No burst cpmbo is actually enough to finish the opponent on its own. Mines can be calculated, Selene can be evaded. In the end, I succeeded by pressuring and denying LoS when both our resources were depleted.

So I would say it's an equal fight, HOWEVER, the stamblade has way better escape tools should the fight turn against it or should reinforcements arrive.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Had a really intense fight with one of the oldest stamblades on my server yesterday.

If you mind the burst, you won't die, not even against Selene. The same is true for the NB, though. Cloak+LoS assure you're healing to full. Sorc has to judge correctly when to stack shields and when Hardened is enough.

No burst combo is actually enough to finish the opponent on its own. Mines can be calculated, Selene can be evaded. In the end, I succeeded by pressuring and denying LoS when both our resources were depleted.

So I would say it's an equal fight, HOWEVER, the stamblade has way better escape tools should the fight turn against it or should reinforcements arrive.

Had a similar one a few days ago..
    I had a really hard time landing hits due to dodge into cloak - what did hit was easily healed, yet I shielded/healed through all his burst - till he switched to the pet, where I usually managed to stun+resummon fairly quickly..
    But I'm not built for long sustained fights.. not when you have to keep shields constantly up to be ready for that burst from stealth again.. and not when the pet (with weaker shields) is focussed. I'm build more for the burst - but when you can't make it hit....

He basically out-sustained me till I went oom and died.

Got one-shotted by a stamblade last night while stood around with no shields up in a keep.

But also kill plenty of NB's - especially when they get too focussed on the kill and don't dodge/cloak/los enough.

Its mostly down to player skill now. (oh and whether CP or not makes a difference too)

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Magıc
    Magıc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Valencer

?

3k unbuffed stam regen, 1.2kish unbuffed mag regen on my procblade. I can sustain infinitely on procblade.
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    @Valencer

This is mostly if not all opinion if there's any *** you wanna debunk please provide evidence for my better understanding. Thank you.

K first off it IS the game's problem I don't get my s*** if RNG doesn't give me Selene/Veli for 2 months, stupid glirion chest/middle chest lmao; No Debaser sword after farming that for 3 1/2 weeks straight either.. again rng.(strong builds to my liking cannot be achieved b/c of this obviously, though on my 2016 account I have used these before) I'll still be continuing after the maintenance. Just a reminder, been doing ALL of this daily. WHILE finding time to PvP.

[NonCP Response for 2 paragraphs which are off topic lol]The damage output against prepared PvPers such as tanks, shield stacks builds using a rotation with consistent/repetitive burst drain stamina easily as it usually doesn't do instant kill dmg and really even far below half health dmg unless you're lucky enuff to 1v1 obviously new/inexperienced/other squishy/unprepared. For Xv1s I believe most classes would be at a disadvantage, and usually the squishiest, so you were responding to @Glamdring about procblades being strong in Xv1 but realistically that's any class played good, 2 proc Stamsorcs for example against 1 of whatever class you name it............. and YAYYY for Cloak receiving "buff", how needed. Would you happen to know if heavy staff attack no longer takes NBs out of stealth?

Anyway assuming you're talking about ganking/killing people who aren't prepared/or using procs, *** even all 3 as the "idiot proof playstyle", which indeed it is easy as hell. Keep in mind every single class has ganked or can gank, some with procs, some without. Even if you're not talking solely about ganking or procblades, procs are still used by many other classes.

ANYWAY............Back to the topic, it would be a 1v1, magsorc vs stamblade as the title implies. Sorry I'm confused.
    -Given the usual proc time limits too I'd say it gives enough time to cast Hardened Ward, Absorb Magic etc, right?
    -So were you saying shield stacking can't handle procs because they're not strong and/or buffed enough? Saying that the playstyle for dueling/ganking is easy against magsorcs? -Or that shields are too strong for procs? -Or that specifically all proctard stamblades has an infinite amount of resource(s) pool(s) and can easily burst through magsorc shields??

AAAAAAnd lastly, How're your thoughts on procs used by stamplars and stamsorcs btw?

How are proc sets "ridiculous", against what classes and are those classes Magicka or Stamina?

How's your take on the proc nerfs? Do they need a higher nerf, or would that be unbalanced? What's your take on shields?

:smiley:
    Edited by Sarato on June 26, 2017 1:26PM
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    @Valencer

?

3k unbuffed stam regen, 1.2kish unbuffed mag regen on my procblade. I can sustain infinitely on procblade.

Trifling Glyph of Absorb Stamina, casting, drain poison, dodge roll, cc break, blocking

If you 1vX you know it's not infinite....but ok. If you 1v1-2 then eh maybe. Anyway, this is away from the main topic. Really don't wanna argue with someone as to why they're stamina pool somehow NEVER hits below half or some *** lol. SO, yes you have infinite stamina :D
    Edited by Sarato on June 26, 2017 1:16PM
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None Procblade VS Magsorc Magsorc everytime in a Duel, Open world it can be a draw.Proc sets are a broken mess that make NB stronger than they actually are,which will lead ZOS to Nerf Nb because of Proc sets making the class look stronger than it actually is .For some reason when they nerf stamblade they always Nerf magblade.
    Edited by KingJ on June 26, 2017 1:28PM
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Really? Convince me to use my VMA battleaxe sharpened over farming for a greatsword @Derra ...Save me the trouble yo

Also magsorc x sNB is a classic fight, as a sNB main(for pvp) since release I always love a fight against one. Those mine camping/atronach sorcs that keep curse up and know when to streak can be pesky no doubt.
    The Flyers
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    None Procblade VS Magsorc Magsorc everytime in a Duel, Open world it can be a draw.Proc sets are a broken mess that make NB stronger than they actually are,which will lead ZOS to Nerf Nb because of Proc sets making the class look stronger than it actually is .For some reason when they nerf stamblade they always Nerf magblade.

great time to get nerfed b4 the rng gives me any good procs haha :..)
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »
    Hard Mode vs Baby Mode

Really? Convince me to use my VMA battleaxe sharpened over farming for a greatsword @Derra ...Save me the trouble yo

Also magsorc x sNB is a classic fight, as a sNB main(for pvp) since release I always love a fight against one. Those mine camping/atronach sorcs that keep curse up and know when to streak can be pesky no doubt.

^ I'd love to know his build too, heard about something like that going around but i think its a dw/2h build
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magıc wrote: »
    @Valencer

?

How are you doing any kind of damage with sustain that high, I can't imagine that being good in a dueling scenario. I sometimes run high sustain on my stamnb for open world or 1vX, but in duels as stam I always lower my sustain and add more damage. But you can't just rely on proc sets to do damage for you against a good player.

I found that in the last patch I'd use heavy armor when dueling msorcs, but now that I also play msorc I found that sometimes I do the opposite as my stam toons. In general as msorc vs mag toons in a duel I'll add more damage but sometimes vs stam toons I add more sustain instead, because the damage is always there vs stam.
    The Age of Wrobel.