Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rain in earthtear cavern

Shadowasrial
Shadowasrial
✭✭✭✭✭
Why oh why does it rain inside my cavern. I have at least 100 feet of solid stone for a roof. Zos please fix this.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It rains in all the house after certain patches. They fix it but it comes back.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've explained this before. Large caverns like earthtear have their own micro-climates. People put tons of braziers on the floor of their caverns. Also sunlight can spill in, causing the surface of the cavern floor to both have drafts and be much warmer than the thick rock ceiling up above. This causes evaporation from the nearby pools and water vapor travels to the high ceiling where it hits the much cooler rock and condenses, dripping down to the floor.

MMsPSbn.png
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JamieAubrey nicely done. :joy:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does that also explain the lightning that happens in my cave as well?
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've explained this before. Large caverns like earthtear have their own micro-climates. People put tons of braziers on the floor of their caverns. Also sunlight can spill in, causing the surface of the cavern floor to both have drafts and be much warmer than the thick rock ceiling up above. This causes evaporation from the nearby pools and water vapor travels to the high ceiling where it hits the much cooler rock and condenses, dripping down to the floor.

MMsPSbn.png

LOL obviously your're joking. If not this is nonsense.

It's discussed here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350308/zos-nerf-earthtear-cavern-changes-noooooooooo/p1

This is a recent change. It never used to rain in the Cavern until Morrowind Patch. It'ssomething ZOS added as well as other changes
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a problem in all non-closed housing parts like stables, the deck in Slimcreek or the first bulb in Bouldertree. These parts are completely roofed, still it rains there. Has been that way since housing release.
    Funny story: this doesn't happen in the normal house parts in the game only in housing.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a problem in all non-closed housing parts like stables, the deck in Slimcreek or the first bulb in Bouldertree. These parts are completely roofed, still it rains there. Has been that way since housing release.
    Funny story: this doesn't happen in the normal house parts in the game only in housing.

Not true. I purchased the Cavern months ago and have spent a hell of a lot of hours in there designing, going from night to day to night and with rain and storm going on outside. It was always outside, never inside. It has ONLY become insode since Morrowinf patch! thats a fact!
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »

MMsPSbn.png

It's discussed here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/350308/zos-nerf-earthtear-cavern-changes-noooooooooo/p1

This is a recent change. It never used to rain in the Cavern until Morrowind Patch. It'ssomething ZOS added as well as other changes

Not nonsense, this is exactly how evaporation and condensation works.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on June 26, 2017 7:35AM
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MMsPSbn.png

Okay...you don't actually think ZOS patched the house to rain inside for realism sake, do you?
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »

MMsPSbn.png

Okay...you don't actually think ZOS patched the house to rain inside for realism sake, do you?

Do you not remember ground oils? Ground oils were the best anti-zerg feature in the game. But some disgusting mainly pve immersion fetishists got triggered because you could set up a boiling oil cauldron in the middle of a field and dump it on the ground at your feet killing all those around you. So ZOS nerfed it and zergs overran cyrodiil.

Realism is serious business in this game. Now excuse me while I pull a 40 foot wooden trebuchet out of my pocket and set it up in 2 seconds.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still raining inside houses February 2018... please fix this
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You think you have it bad. On Topal Island, I hear the raucous crash of waves along the beach!

But no waves....
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think you have it bad. On Topal Island, I hear the raucous crash of waves along the beach!

But no waves....

lol

yh your'e right... phantom waves trumps rain inside a house ;)
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭

MMsPSbn.png

I don't understand basic science, this must be nonsense.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not rain. It's water seeping in through the limestone and dripping down from the stalactites on the ceiling. Have you never been in an actual cave before OP?
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I own houses in Stros M'kai and southern Bangkorai ...
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not rain. It's water seeping in through the limestone and dripping down from the stalactites on the ceiling. Have you never been in an actual cave before OP?

yawn... feeble attempt at a troll post

As a potholer i've been in caves all over the world... I've never been in one that has a terrential rain storm

I've also never been inside a house with a terrential rain storm, yet it still rains inside houses in this game since Morrowind patch.

Its been reported by many since June 2017... the devs do not appear to be interested in fixing the older houses, just Paraihs Pinnacle when that was on offer... that got fixed as it was raining inside.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still raining inside houses February 2018... please fix this

Could be worse. Could be snowing! February, you know. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MMsPSbn.png

vapor reflux isn't nonsense, it's science :trollface:
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B1c-7-a_CQAEb_RQ6.jpg_large.jpg
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MMsPSbn.png

vapor reflux isn't nonsense, it's science :trollface:

It maybe science... but:

A: its not a real cave
    B: never used to occur before Morrowind patch
    C: as far as I am aware, valpor reflux does not occur in normal houses
    D: Vapor Reflux is drips, not a freaking terential storm of rain and lightning
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sell it to some argonian family. They´ll apreciate it.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rains inside coven house in hag fen. And underneath house in Rawl'kha. And on balcony of manor in Riften.

Bloody annoying. Wish would stop.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exorcised coven cottage also has rain in the hut too.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

MMsPSbn.png

This is actually what third reich architects were afraid of happening if they followed [the german chancelor, president and dictator from 1933-1945]'s instructions for the Germania hall (which would have been ridiculously large, thus experience the same effect).
    Edited by Ratzkifal on February 27, 2018 12:34PM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah basic science will cause condensation and droplets.

But not an outright downpour in an area the side of maybe two football fields.

It doesn't take a science degree to know your not gonna get your own climate and storms inside of a damn cave that size
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't wish to harper on about this, but after doing some testing on PC I've discovered it does not rain inside Earthtear Cavern, or any of the other houses it rains in on the PS4.

If anyone wishes to look into this, you can log on to PC and when it is raining, go visit a few preview homes... no rain!

In the hag raven excorcised cottage, it has a wicker roof, with holes in it... still no rain inside the house. You can look out of the windows and see the rain, but inside, its dry.

It does not rain anywhere inside Earthtear Cavern, only on PS4 (not sure about xbox).

This bug occured at Morrowind patch and has never been fixed.

Please can someone look into this at long last?

I'm sure many of us, would really appreciate this bug being fixed :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't wish to harper on about this, but after doing some testing on PC I've discovered it does not rain inside Earthtear Cavern, or any of the other houses it rains in on the PS4.

If anyone wishes to look into this, you can log on to PC and when it is raining, go visit a few preview homes... no rain!

In the hag raven excorcised cottage, it has a wicker roof, with holes in it... still no rain inside the house. You can look out of the windows and see the rain, but inside, its dry.

It does not rain anywhere inside Earthtear Cavern, only on PS4 (not sure about xbox).

This bug occured at Morrowind patch and has never been fixed.

Please can someone look into this at long last?

I'm sure many of us, would really appreciate this bug being fixed :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Well, it’s been 10 days and no response. I think it’s clear that they just want this problem to go away at this point, even though people will spend money on this without knowing its glitches. What are ethics?
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is water, there can be condescension, if there is condescension there can be "rain", even with a stone roof.