The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Now that the hero costumes are back in the crown store, can we move to update the Breton Hero one?

TheLordOfStorms
TheLordOfStorms
Soul Shriven
Honestly, as has been said many times before, it looks nothing like the one in the trailer, or even like the one on the "thumbnail" in the crown store. There's no physics to the back of the outfit (and there could easily be), and the hood looks much more rounded when actually put on a character.

Come on, Zen, it's about time this was updated, especially since it's been added back in with the Dwarven crates.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just looking at a video about it on Youtube earlier. Yeah, it looks weird when the character runs, which mean it'll look weird a lot of the time, unless they're just standing still. When the character stands still, it looks great.
    I doubt they'll do anything about it, though, because it will take just as much effort to fix that costume as it would to just create a new one. (I think.)
  • TheLordOfStorms
    TheLordOfStorms
    Soul Shriven
    Perhaps they will though, considering they brought it back, which makes me hold some hope. I'd say it's almost at glitch level territory of annoyance as is, considering how weird it looks when moving. It's supposed to be a sort of cape thing, it looks like a dress.
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they will though, considering they brought it back, which makes me hold some hope. I'd say it's almost at glitch level territory of annoyance as is, considering how weird it looks when moving. It's supposed to be a sort of cape thing, it looks like a dress.

They'll have taken their standard robe with open front and pants mesh and retextured it. That means they started out to do as little work as possible. It'll be in the crates for the same reason - no work needed to add it (plus peeps were clamouring for it).

To 'fix' it at this stage would either require completely new mesh and probably a good deal of texture work, or an update to the mesh used and a nightmare load of QA compliance for all the other items that use the same mesh (with the potential for each and every texture of those items to need something updated on it).

I'm sorry to put it in such a disheartening way. It won't be updated :disappointed:
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly they already said that they are sorry people are not happy with the quality of the Breton hero costume and will take their feedback into consideration when making future costumes.

We won't likely see change to the Breton hero costume unfortunately.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, as has been said many times before, it looks nothing like the one in the trailer, or even like the one on the "thumbnail" in the crown store. There's no physics to the back of the outfit (and there could easily be), and the hood looks much more rounded when actually put on a character.

Come on, Zen, it's about time this was updated, especially since it's been added back in with the Dwarven crates.

You honestly think they would update the costume? Textures? Anything visual? But that would require like I don't know...work? I would love if original content got a visual update but ... no ETA.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • platonicidealgirlfriend
    gotta come out and say that the lack of visible seaming (the sewing kind) bothers me, especially when most of the other costumes address this.