The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Idea-Solve the problem of BG

lelink88
lelink88
✭✭✭
In my opinion the problem of queuing system maybe come from the priority for group vs group and solo player vs solo player. Then it make the script become complicated and uncontrollable.

For hardcore player. I suggest that ZoS should allow ppl who want play as group to make a team. Then They can queue as a team ( when all member of thier team are online ). Then we can give them a ranking system, group with low rank will not face with high rank group. It's very similar to another Moba game ( LoL, Dota ...)

Forcansual player. Now you will not need to worry about the problem of group player will detroy solo player any more. The only thing you need to focus is make sure that every single match must have enough 12 player. I think the principle is similar to what you do with DF

Basically make 3 queuing type
-Team ranked queue ( must have team and make a group of 4 to queue)
-Solo ranked queue ( you only can queue solo, group will not be allowed )
-Casual queue ( let them do whatever they want, queue as group or solo, even group player vs a buch of solo player is not problem, because it's casual, no rule no priority , just make sure we have enough 12 player each match ).

And about the reward for BG.

Don't spam player mail by their unwanted gear.

Give them skin, costume, furniture, mount ( just for appearance ). Not specific one but a chest and key. Then the reward will be random ( Similar to Dota and Lol )
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    This would be a great concept but do you really think there are enough players playing ESO. Think about it. One -only pvpers would be queuing. Two -only pvpers who bought Morrowind would have access and three -only pvpers who bought Morrowind and like 4 man BGs are doing the content. Then you divide the limited number further. You would barely get matches. It's like using the dungeon finder for a specific dungeon. It doesn't work because not enough people use it to have that specific of a match making system.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    I did think about it. If reward for ranked game is good enought, I think PvP will atract enough ppl. And Competition itself is already make addiction. Then in that sensitive time , when Wow player are bored and stary looking for a new world. I think Zos should make an action.
  • mcurley
    mcurley
    ✭✭✭
    MrTtheDK wrote: »
    This would be a great concept but do you really think there are enough players playing ESO. Think about it. One -only pvpers would be queuing. Two -only pvpers who bought Morrowind would have access and three -only pvpers who bought Morrowind and like 4 man BGs are doing the content. Then you divide the limited number further. You would barely get matches. It's like using the dungeon finder for a specific dungeon. It doesn't work because not enough people use it to have that specific of a match making system.

I average about 20 seconds to queue up for a BGs right now.... I'll gladly wait a few minutes to have a more fair fight.
    For the Covenant!
    Svvord - magicka NB
    Lavv - magicka DK
    Povver - stamina NB
    Psylint - stamina NB
    Yelruc - magicka Sorc
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just ask PUBG matchmaker they can easely help.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premades vs group is a big problem yes, there should be separate queues.

But even with that, I don't think it will ever be any balance in this game regarding BGs. There are simpy too much options and the gap between a BiS gear/Meta build and a casual player with crafted gear is abysmal.

For BGs there should be a "bolster" or normalization for gear, and even only allow certain "builds". Yes I know that's not a popular idea, but is the only thing that would make small scale pvp skill dependent.

Edited by Loves_guars on June 21, 2017 6:57PM
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    I have other idea, maybe its easier to implement - if players can make all 3 teams manually without queue. For example, I invite friends or people from zone chat in group and when we have 6/9/12 members, we can enter BG without queueing. Game choose map, type of match randomly and split players in group in 3 teams randomly.

@ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: I think a little bit more and realized that this method can be exploited for leaderbord. Nvm. :/
    Edited by StereoLiz on June 23, 2017 6:19AM
  • lelink88
    lelink88
    ✭✭✭
    Hope that Dev team can do something