The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Morrowind main quest Spot on!

Doomsdire
Doomsdire
Just finished the main quest and I have to say that was really good. Great storyline.... however a bit short and kinda easy. I'm cp 390 and I was hoping to die at least once. I like a bit of a challenge I guess.

Other than that I am very pleased and it was spot on!
Edited by Doomsdire on June 19, 2017 9:18AM
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya... I finished it without difficulty on my Templar.... before I even made it to L8.

Cosmic level enemies, like Daedric Princes and Gods should not be enemies for low level characters, and should present a SERIOUS challenge to a solo player. They should further become MORE powerful the more players they're facing (say, gaining 50% more health and 5% more damage output for each player on the team).

They're GODS, they should be hard to defeat.

But, I do agree, it was a well written story.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Really loved the story too! Agree, was a bit short and on the easy side, but very nice :) !
    Did it with a lvl 50 CP 260 char who`d allready completed main quest so did not think so much of the lore side of the enemy being powerfull . Also after all, cough, partly the "real" main antagonist you fight seems to be .......spoilers for Eso Morrowind and Skyrim =........
    the same old annoying/lovable furball you get to hang out with in Skyrim on a quest, again trying to get in good graces with his master and getting carried away with his own plan, so he is not quite a daedric prince himself and his master likes to just watch how he fares, I guess >:)
    Loved the general feel and plot of the quest, and the having made good friends feel I got at the end. Loved the memorable npc animated scenes during quest and, again, final scene.
    Also I loved Vivec in TES 3 Morrowind;, was a bit scared this Vivec would not live up to my expectations cause of voice acting, finer graphics and all that takes him sort of more out of my imagination to the devs imagination : was gladly surprised to to get to love this "new" Vivec of the past ages as well!
    It was indeed a lot shorter then I expected, especially near the end, after the antagonist is found out, when I tought "now things start to happen", then it was a pretty short romp from there. For me the final fight was tough though, not too tough at all but ok tough, I think my khajiit stam nightblade died once at the beginning.

Only complaints :
    felt lazy that dunmer chars are forced into "outlander" role as well (tried on PTS so decided not to play with dunmer on live ): I know this was the case in Morrowind TES 3 by the plot , but in ESO many people rly want to rp/light rp as native dunmers, maybe even from Vvardenfell, some have allready played so with the old char they bring in.
    ( This one humbly asks that if you bring in Elsweyr lands, this one can be treated and respected as a native khajiit who knows her own culture...= my Khajiits humble interruption.)
    Other complaint, technical side:
    Near the end of the quest there is a certain period with a lot of camera shake effect for plot reasons: cool for those who can handle it, but I`m one of the few wierdos who get bad nausea and headache from even a few minutes of camera shake effect: so I rly hope ZOS you give us an option to turn camera shake off - when it comes and I get sick, I also start to fear how long it will continue, will there be more to come soon, and it ruins my enjoyment of playing the story = I start to feel very stressed and annoyed besides sick, :p .
    But, yay, very good job ZOS, thankyou :smile: !
    Edited by Miaura on June 22, 2017 5:43AM
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I commented on the "Outlander" thing in Morrowind beta, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. My character is Telvanni Morgha Kul, born and raised in Sadrith Mora, he grew up playing in the ashlands with ashlander children (much to the annoyance of his family).

As such, being called "Outlander" all the time wears thin very fast indeed. In fact, he's burned a few of them down for saying it already.
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's clear to me you are a nostalgia fanboy.

Compared to the tight narrative of the Molag Bal main story, Vvardefell is moronic.

Three Daedric Princes, a Daedric side-kick, a living god, the former assistant of a living god and a "shocking twist" that M. Night Shamalamadingdong would be embarassed by was enough elements for multiple "chapters" yet still managed to feel trivial by the time you get to the very contrived non-resolution. Vivek might have well been voiced by Zac Efron and directed by Zac Snyder.
    Edited by Punches_Below_Belt on June 24, 2017 4:09AM
  • Punches_Below_Belt
    Punches_Below_Belt
    ✭✭✭✭
    And don't get me started on Sun in Shadow, the Scarlet Judge and Bal Mora's little Shakespearean tragedy.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that the Molag Bal storyline crosses all the other zones in the game. It HAS to be deeper and longer because of that.

My only real complaint with the content I've done in Vvardenfell is that so often we're on rails. For example, the Telvanni story with the slaves is very nice, but my character is a TELVANNI WIZARD. His approach to the situation would have been very different, but there was no other choice about how to approach it.