Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dwarven Crown Crate Drop Rates

Enodoc
Enodoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone! As before, I've set up a form for you to fill in what you received in your Dwarven Crown Crates. Please ensure you know which items came from which crate (or fill in the form concurrently with opening the crate); this should help provide more analytical data on how the drops work.
https://goo.gl/3c5AWk

The spreadsheet is available here, but Google Forms isn't playing ball right now and I can't attach the responses. Hopefully I'll be able to do that over the next few days. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zt5oj7PWNFFaTykgXhWQOOkVl1ekHAJgcJpueRN3C40/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: The form is linked to the spreadsheet properly now.

Edit 2: If you're on PC and you'd like to contribute without having to fill in the form card-by-card, please visit @Faunter's thread over here, where you can download a Crown Crate Logger add-on. Instructions in that thread!
Edited by Enodoc on June 26, 2017 8:23PM
UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dwemer brow plate, drop rate: 1993933485495%

that is all.

avoid.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone feels like going through my video and collecting the drop rates then that would be cool
    (and reply to this comment so people know its been done and no one submits repeats)

Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRuHZRhihH4
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bought 60 Crates this morning. 0 Apex Reward.

One thing i noticed was i was getting that Nix Hound wayyyy too many times. I got a Nix Hound every other crate. I thought that was very strange!
    Edited by andreasranasen on June 22, 2017 8:17PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought 60 Crates this morning. 0 Apex Reward.

One thing i noticed was i was getting that Nix Hound wayyyy too many times. I got a Nix Hound every other card. I thought that was very strange!

Yeah me too, I raged a bit in the video I posted above :D So many Nix Hounds

WTS Nix Hounds or trade for apex mounts
  • Cootie
    Cootie
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like they probably upped the Nix drop rate for the free crates and then never fixed it. :^)
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed a whole lot more extra cards in the mix, as well as decent Xp scrolls, drop rates seems the same to me 25 or so crates until I got a mount.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The spreadsheet is working now!

If anyone can work out what formula I need to put in to count up the Duplicate cards of each tier, that would be a great help! I never did work it out last time, but I was thinking maybe COUNTIF and FILTER are what I need.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the sweet roll and Dwarven Wolf all in the same bundle of 15 crates. Might spend that gem on the Dwarven Senche, but I don't know.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for doing this again Enodoc, I didn't buy any today but may pick some up in the next weeks.

I think I took a screenshot of my free one from Morrowind, if I did I'll post that data.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Arrchangell
    Arrchangell
    ✭✭✭
    10 crates, nix 4 times, not a single costume or mount. Only "quality" item was a stupid memento the armor which i wish i can trade for gems.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drop rate on the nix pet was just stupid , all I can say that this has put me off buying more so well done Zos
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had more Dwarven Brow Plates than Nix Hounds.

It was actually pretty nice to fill this out while opening the crates. Really made me slow down and look at each and every hand. XD
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're on PC and you'd like to contribute without having to fill in the form card-by-card, please visit @Faunter's thread over here, where you can download a Crown Crate Logger add-on. Instructions in that thread!
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dwemer brow plate, drop rate: 1993933485495%

that is all.

avoid.

And nix hounds. You forgot about nix hounds. :D
  • LastAyleidKing
    LastAyleidKing
    ✭✭✭
    So if I already own 2/3 hero costumes, the ordinator, the nedic packs too, etc and I buy crates they can drop outfits I already have? What's the auto conversion price they give me for said duplicates? Right now I'm torn between wanting the dwemer monocle and buying 5500 crowns to get 15 pack, or saving up a bit more cash for wot valkeria chronicle tank bundle lol (Xbox player here)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos got more greedy again it seems, they messed with the loot tables as well as made some apex mount unobtainable via gems.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work on the drop rates by item type! I only just noticed those. It will be interesting to see how they evolve over time.

On another note, might I suggest reformatting the main drop rates to a per-crate basis rather than having them be per-card? I believe it'll be more accurate that way. Not all cards can drop all rewards, but you can definitely get any given item from a single crate, and the specific card that dropped it doesn't matter in that case.

Cheers!
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    Nice work on the drop rates by item type! I only just noticed those. It will be interesting to see how they evolve over time.

On another note, might I suggest reformatting the main drop rates to a per-crate basis rather than having them be per-card? I believe it'll be more accurate that way. Not all cards can drop all rewards, but you can definitely get any given item from a single crate, and the specific card that dropped it doesn't matter in that case.

Cheers!
    Yeah that would probably be a good idea now that we know the restrictions on cards. But I'm not sure how best to implement that :stuck_out_tongue:
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I bought 15 crates and got nix hound twice, and the only rare gold card was the striped wolf so I thought in the end atleast I ended with atleast one gold item.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Faunter wrote: »

Cheers!
    Yeah that would probably be a good idea now that we know the restrictions on cards. But I'm not sure how best to implement that :stuck_out_tongue:

The way I did it is I added extra columns after every crate that keep track of the card qualities that were earned. All you need to know is if at least 1 reward of a given quality was obtained from a crate, and then calculate the drop rates with those. For example, if someone earned a Crown Lethal Poison (25) card and a Crown Mimic Stone card from the same crate, that crate is counted as having contained a common reward.

Otherwise, if you simply take the total number of common rewards received from all crates over the total number of crates, you'll get something like a 185% drop rate, which just means that 1.85 cards per crate will be common, but is nonetheless quite confusing to someone who is just glancing over.

Also! The reason there is currently something wrong with the totals is that you're counting an extra bonus card in cell D16. The data in your (Faunter) sheet has an extra row that contains the column titles, so you'll either need to remove it or begin counting from E3 and not E2.
    Edit: Nevermind, the issue was a simple miscount.
    Edited by Faunter on July 17, 2017 3:50PM
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apex mounts were ugly anyway. I opened 60 crates and was reasonably satisfied by the end of it. I'd either gotten everything I wanted, or made enough gems to buy it from the gem store. These don't make me feel as cheated as the hypercrates on TOR or the lockboxes on STO (EFF THOSE THIIIIIINGS)
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone, make sure to share your results using the form as you open your free crown crates today!
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nix hound is the rarest for sure .
    Opening 250th crate right now for it . :pensive:
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.