The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Addon Issue - Deleted Documents folder

Black_Rain91
So I've been having issues with addons. I WAS using Minion but it for what ever reason didnt install the addons to the proper place. SO I decided to start doing it manually because even though Minion said it as installing to the right place i go to the folder myself it wasnt.

So I do it manually for a few days and things are going okay until I had to delete an addon and replace it with something else. I delete TTC addon and install MM and log back into the game and check addon list and TTC is STILL there.

I decide to delete not just the addon folder to reset the addons but the entire file thats in my documents. After all that I logged back in thinking the folder in My Documents would regenerate after logging in, It didnt. I even tried repairing the files.

I'm not sure what to do now.
Ty for the help ahead of time
Edited by Black_Rain91 on June 22, 2017 2:46AM
  • Black_Rain91
    UPDATE: Ive found the REASON my addons werent working but I dont know the fix. Apparently when I delete the file it DOES regenerate but it goes into another path into a folder called VTroot in the C drive. With a little research I THINK that may be my virus program doing quarantine. But what would I do?
    Edited by Black_Rain91 on June 22, 2017 3:02AM
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What anti-virus program do you use as you are gonna have to go in and add an exception in it to allow minion to install to your system.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe just uninstall Comodo and use something like Windows Defender. That won't screw with things like Minion.

• Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    Maybe just uninstall Comodo and use something like Windows Defender. That won't screw with things like Minion.

I use Comodo and have never had an issue with it. Been using it for several years now. What I have a problem with is Microsoft Onedrive and Minion.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    Betheny wrote: »

I use Comodo and have never had an issue with it. Been using it for several years now. What I have a problem with is Microsoft Onedrive and Minion.

Minion is easy to operate, only issues happen if something else is interfering with it. As for OneDrive, that's the first thing that should get turned off when installing Windows 10.
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Onedrive. My rig came with Win 10. Minion thinks Onedrive folder is the my documents folder and it installs everything there. I end up just copying everything from the addons folder over to the true my documents folder.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rhoric wrote: »
    I use Onedrive. My rig came with Win 10. Minion thinks Onedrive folder is the my documents folder and it installs everything there. I end up just copying everything from the addons folder over to the true my documents folder.

Yeah that sort of thing is why everyone turns OneDrive off. It's set to be the default folder instead of My Documents and if you want to keep using it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ a good move would be to change that...but anyway unless OP also has OneDrive issues we're getting away from the problem he has.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should add ESO again into Minion. Rename the current ESO in the left pane to something like "ESO old". Click the upper left plus, select ESO and browse the correct folder. After that, delete the old game entry.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Stormy_Night
    Stormy_Night
    ✭✭
    I don't use Comodo, but according to their forums, the reason everything is going into the VT folder is because Comodo is in game mode while you're trying to install software so it won't alert you but will go directly into the sandbox:

https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/hidden-vtroot-folder-and-chaos-installing-software-t110530.0.html

Don't install/update software while in game mode or try right-clicking the taskbar icon and clicking Auto-Sandbox > Disabled then run any ESO updates/installs that you need to run. You can re-enable auto-sandbox again after your updates.
  • Black_Rain91
    Sorry guys! I forgot to report that I did fix it. It was my comodo using quarantine on eso