Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magenta Rainbow Hair

MarbleQuiche
MarbleQuiche
✭✭✭
Is brilliant. One of the best hairstyles to date with such a fitting description. Insta: didn't even have to think about it.

It's too good to be kept in crates, so how about a plain version sold for plain old crowns for all those plain people who don't dabble in the dark arts? A cheap retexture and I'm certain you'll sell it in bucket loads.

Good job, hair stylist person.
Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently they don't like to put hair or hats in the Crown Store any more. :(
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheres a pic of this hair. I cant find one
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this hairstyle too, and I'd buy it if there was a version that was your character's natural hair color.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    screenshot pls
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Apparently they don't like to put hair or hats in the Crown Store any more. :(

Apparently they don't like to put anything decent in the Crown Store any more. :(
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    Crown Store > Crown Crates > Epic Rewards

Hover over the hair style, magnifying glass appears, click to preview.

It looks like this:

P4Y499G.jpg

And there are Argonian and Khajiit versions too.

I think it's a great unisex style, but especially happy to have a new, kempt and short style for our ladies that's not a bedhead or some variation of GI Jane.
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I previewed it, and it looks crazy with white hair. It makes the hair look like a striped candy cane. LOL. It looks better on any hair that's not white, though.
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store > Crown Crates > Epic Rewards

Hover over the hair style, magnifying glass appears, click to preview.

It looks like this:

P4Y499G.jpg

And there are Argonian and Khajiit versions too.

I think it's a great unisex style, but especially happy to have a new, kempt and short style for our ladies that's not a bedhead or some variation of GI Jane.

I think it's just bait for the more flamboyant players to invest any money into their crown crates. The word "pride" in any description and rainbow in any title just sings of that to me. Kind of explains the reason it's unisex
    Edited by SirGabenOfSteamia on June 23, 2017 9:01PM
    And so, Akatosh revealed himself to a young Gaben, and granted him purpose.
    "Grant them Steam sales," he commanded.
    And obey, he did.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't get behind the punk-looking color-streaked styles. Muh mursionz or something.

I like the cut of this one though.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this one mix with your natural hair color like the one with blue streaks or does it always look like it does in the pics?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NetViperX wrote: »
    Does this one mix with your natural hair color like the one with blue streaks or does it always look like it does in the pics?
    Mixes with the natural hair color.
    I don't have it, but I did the preview screen on two of my characters to see how it would look, since I have gems I can spend on it.
    I think it's just bait for the more flamboyant players to invest any money into their crown crates. The word "pride" in any description and rainbow in any title just sings of that to me. Kind of explains the reason it's unisex
    You're kidding, right? It has a couple of different colors in it, but it's not even rainbow.
    Edited by SydneyGrey on June 23, 2017 11:25PM
  • SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's just bait for the more flamboyant players to invest any money into their crown crates. The word "pride" in any description and rainbow in any title just sings of that to me. Kind of explains the reason it's
    unisex
    You're kidding, right? It has a couple of different colors in it, but it's not even rainbow.

That's not the point. The point is that there's a very tempting hairstyle for some people locked behind an RNG paywall. I said flamboyant, not LGBT. Big difference. Either way, I think it looks great on guys and girls alike, like the Rotmeth Hangover Hairstyle, it's just out of place. Just my opinion since it's unlike anything found on any NPCs and unisex hair like this tends to be something that would cater to certain people in the community, like skimpy clothes for example. Plus "show your pride in your hair" is a very ambiguous statement, with several different meanings based on the way you look at it, so it just seemed like subliminal messaging to me, especially titled as such.
    Edited by SirGabenOfSteamia on June 24, 2017 2:03AM
    And obey, he did.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus "show your pride in your hair" is a very ambiguous statement, with several different meanings based on the way you look at it, so it just seemed like subliminal messaging to me, especially titled as such.
    Sounds like you're reading WAAAY too much into a hair just because it's colorful. Yegads. :/

• SirGabenOfSteamia
    SirGabenOfSteamia
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Plus "show your pride in your hair" is a very ambiguous statement, with several different meanings based on the way you look at it, so it just seemed like subliminal messaging to me, especially titled as such.
    Sounds like you're reading WAAAY too much into a hair just because it's colorful. Yegads. :/

Yeah, I know. I like it. Just don't like the way it's marketed.
    And obey, he did.
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    Best thing in the crates this month is this XD
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭

I bought it for gems because I've got them, but I get this and won't argue for or against crates. I also won't deny that it's nice when you feel included by something. But of course some people that it might have been targeted at may feel like they're being boxed up neatly based on their identity and may be upset about that.

But!

All that and colourful streaks aside, I still think it's a great hairstyle that would benefit from a Crown Store version.
    Edited by MarbleQuiche on June 24, 2017 8:22AM