The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How can I remove HDR?

Zedrian
Zedrian
✭✭✭
Hello I'm on PS4 and before we had a 4k and a 4K HDR option. The color settings seems to have changed during last maintenance and now we only have the 4K option but includes the horrible colors and darkness of the HDR. I can't see anything in the game even with the brightness to max.

Is there a way to remove this terrible HDR resolution?

Thank you
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dark is not from your HDR , its from your TV brightness , however if you want to turn off the HDR go to console Settings 》Sound and Screen》video output settings》and change yhe HDR from automatic to OFF
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    The Dark is not from your HDR , its from your TV brightness , however if you want to turn off the HDR go to console Settings 》Sound and Screen》video output settings》and change yhe HDR from automatic to OFF
    Hello I did that before I came to the forum and it got worse. Actually the brightness both in game and on the tv is at its highest

Last week the game colors and contrast was perfectly fine. Before you could pick 4k and 4k HDR and when I selected 4K HDR I had the same horrible colors and darkness. See the screenshot.

1080p enhanced same problem2z3kkmu001or.jpg

Edited by Zedrian on June 23, 2017 7:05PM
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    By the way the screen brightness has nothing to do with the screenshot. So definately à problem related to the game on PS4
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zedrian wrote: »
    Hello I'm on PS4 and before we had a 4k and a 4K HDR option. The color settings seems to have changed during last maintenance and now we only have the 4K option but includes the horrible colors and darkness of the HDR. I can't see anything in the game even with the brightness to max.

Is there a way to remove this terrible HDR resolution?

Thank you

Something's up with your install. I have a Pro with HDR and nothing has changed for me. I still have all my options (Enhanced 1080/4K) and my HDR/colors and brightness are still just fine. Have you maybe tried deleting your local save file?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36158/~/how-do-i-delete-the-elder-scrolls-save-data-on-console?
    PS4NA
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    @dotme I will try this, thank you :) . What TV do you have ? Did your colors change (a lot richer/saturated)? I have a Sony Bravia and I realized I do have HDR apparently but it looks bad with and worse without it. I will post a screenshot
    Edited by Zedrian on June 27, 2017 8:38AM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zedrian wrote: »
    @dotme I will try this, thank you :) . What TV do you have ? Did your colors change (a lot richer/saturated)? I have a Sony Bravia and I realized I do have HDR apparently but it looks bad with and worse without it. I will post a screenshot

I have a Samsung, and HDR will increase the saturation but not to the level of your screenshot above. On my PS4Pro I have the option of 4K or Enhanced 1080 both before and after the Morrowind update, and my colors/HDR are the same too. So for me, nothing changed with Morrowind.

If something changed for you, I hope it's fixed with my suggestion to reset the game options (delete save data). I would definitely start there and see what happens.
    PS4NA
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go in to your TV settings and lower.the Colors from.there .
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    So I tried to remove the Saved Data and it looks a bit better or the same. I need to go back in Lorkhaj where you can really tell

On the PS4 the Video output information says:
    Resolution 3840 x 2160 - 60 Hz
    Color format RGB
    HDR on your TV 2k/4k Supported
    HDCP 2.2

I saved videos for you to see and the screen settings have no impact on the Video rendering (only the PS4 or the game settings can alter the image quality when saving a video).

Also note I haven't changed the settings in game and should be same in both videos:

Before and after Morrowind until the maintenance Around June 20th:
    https://youtu.be/eDjbZ6uu4sA

After the said maintenance:
    https://youtu.be/KUW06e0PTlk

Same console (and same tv even if it doesn't change anything on the video)

I wanted to thank the community for your input and astonished that Zenimax did not respond to neither this thread or even the tickets I submitted in game :(

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober
    Edited by Zedrian on June 28, 2017 9:35PM
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Btw you need to set your color format to automatic instead of RGB , cuz it may cause bugs with the HDR content .
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Btw you need to set your color format to automatic instead of RGB , cuz it may cause bugs with the HDR content .
    In Video output settings:
    Résolution, RGB Range, HDR, Deep Color Output are all in Automatic mode
  • Zedrian
    Zedrian
    ✭✭✭
    Édit:double post by mistake
    Edited by Zedrian on July 4, 2017 12:44AM