The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: June 23 @ 3:00pm EDT"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: June 23 @ 3:00pm EDT. On Friday's show, we'll be chatting with Dialog Coordinator Becky Ichnoski and Senior Writer Bill Slaviseck about the process of writing for and working with ESO's voice actors. Afterwards, we'll be joined by ESO player KodiPvP to chat about his recent ESO videos and streams, and will have him commentating live duels on our Public Test Server against ESO's Lead UI Designer Bobby Weir! If you want to duel against Bobby on the PTS, head to Hammerdeath Arena in Stormhaven at 3:30pm EDT.

See you then!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh this is going to be good...

Who wants to start a betting pool with me? :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ooh, a topic about voice actors. I'll have to catch that segment this weekend.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about having Kodi comment on a no cp duel vs a night blade wearing selene and viper to simulate the mess of proc sets in bg.

You can also simulate accepting the bg queue by having one of them decline the duel challenge for 20 mins before finally accepting it.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Oh this is going to be good...

Who wants to start a betting pool with me? :tongue:

I'll bring the popcorn.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is KODI's @name. I wanna tag him so he can ask ZOS about Procs.. '

I would also greatly appreciate if some of the pro Procblades would go and destroy every one. to show zos how balances the procs are.

Thanks
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove proccs from pvp. End of discussion...

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well good job ZoS reaching out to a known PVP player for eso live . I hope the show goes well .

With the voice acting that should be interesting . Any chance of getting some of the voice actors on the show ?
  • GOATGOBAAHH
    GOATGOBAAHH
    ✭✭
    Has anyone at Zos ever played Elder Scrolls Online on Xbox NA?

I have a feeling if you did...you probably wouldn't have time for trivial events like these.
    • As @DrSweetazz mentioned the BG queue is broken.
    • Every time you join game you join guild chat 1. (which means if your headset is unplugged your guildmates voices come blasting through your TV speakers as soon as you log in...everytime you log in...everytime you switch characters)
    • Vivec City has been renamed to Disconnect County.
    • Dual Wield is currently broken and lags severely.
    • NOT SMART RNG is taking years away from your player's lives.
    • Activity finder is still broken.

As you can see this is a very small fraction of what players are upset about on Xbox NA.

If you paid someone $15 an hour and full benefits (health, dental, vision) you might be able to get one or two people to walk around informing you of issues like these....instead of just leaving your product to rotten the lives of the community which plays faithfully.

I have never seen a ZOS employee in-game on Xbox NA...have you?

Where is the console love?

• Robby94
    Robby94
    ✭✭✭
    eso live about voice scripting and recording, along with a chance to see how the devs play pvp. really looking forward to this :)
    also a question for the ui lead bobby. with the next patch can we change the colors of enemy aoes to our own choice, and can we have different colors for cleave damage and normal circular aoes? cheers
    Edited by Robby94 on June 22, 2017 12:51AM
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who does most of the voice acting for the Khajiiti voices?

Will there ever be new bard songs for the mainland?

Is the Imperial and Morag Tong appearance change a beta for a transmog system?

Also, Gina.. When will we be able to enjoy seeing Rich stream again? I heard he has some interesting things to say about the "funny guy" when he streams.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The writers, VO and sound teams are doing a fantastic job. They deserve big time kudos!
    Edited by Idinuse on June 22, 2017 11:30AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will this go on Youtube after? It's not a great time for those of us living overseas.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is ZoS stealth revamping housing?

First Earthtear (June 6):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4202271#Comment_4202271

Now Hundings (and now actually being as of June 20):

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/354089/bug-hundings-palatial-hall#latest
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Will this go on Youtube after? It's not a great time for those of us living overseas.

Always does, usually the Monday after as a person has to recompile it or something, .. or you can get on Twitch and watch it on the Bethesda channel seconds after the show ends..
  • ZunaRoath
    ZunaRoath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesss ESO Live <3
    [EU-EP-PC] @Kynes_Peace

Hjalmar Bear-Heart - Main, Stamina Warden
    Svari Wild-Hawk - Magicka Nightblade
    Hulda the Wild - Stamina Warden
    Greg the Witchman - Magicka Necromancer
    Cassius Gallus - Stamina Sorcerer
    Nari War-Shield - Magicka Templar Healer
    Hronvir Winter-Winds - Tank Warden
    Zuna Ice-Bear - Stamina DK
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they really want to get the viewing figures up they would bring us Wrobel as duel fodder for some 'proc-therapy'! >:)
    Edited by Flaminir on June 22, 2017 2:11PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭

@Vapirko They always go on youtube, I believe it's bethesda who uploads. It's how I watch.
    The Flyers
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlyLionel wrote: »

@Vapirko They always go on youtube, I believe it's bethesda who uploads. It's how I watch.

Ok, just asked cause they skipped from like 37 to 40 or something.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    How about having Kodi comment on a no cp duel vs a night blade wearing selene and viper to simulate the mess of proc sets in bg.

Those are pretty easy to beat on 1v1s.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on June 22, 2017 4:17PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »
    DrSweetazz wrote: »

Those are pretty easy to beat on 1v1s.

Problem is when you do finally get into a bg, it's hardly ever 1 nb. As a Magicka character you can dodge roll and pop an immovable if cool down is up. If not, it's get feared and have no Stam to cc break.

Just because it's counter-able 1v1 doesn't make it not broken.

I legitimately hope Kodi comments on it
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a feeling if you did...you probably wouldn't have time for trivial events like these.
    • Every time you join game you join guild chat 1. (which means if your headset is unplugged your guildmates voices come blasting through your TV speakers as soon as you log in...everytime you log in...everytime you switch characters)

As you can see this is a very small fraction of what players are upset about on Xbox NA.

If you paid someone $15 an hour and full benefits (health, dental, vision) you might be able to get one or two people to walk around informing you of issues like these....instead of just leaving your product to rotten the lives of the community which plays faithfully.

The dialogue and story writers, voice actors, and UI designer slated to be on the show have zero impact on the things you've listed. Your complaints are all valid, but this is not the appropriate thread for them. Not much different from yelling at your carpet installer because your oven doesn't work.

This sounds like it will be an interesting ESO live, I'm looking forward to it.
    Edited by Reverb on June 23, 2017 1:53AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

The dialogue and story writers, voice actors, and UI designer slated to be on the show have zero impact on the things you've listed. Your complaints are all valid, but this is not the appropriate thread for them. Not much different from yelling at your carpet installer because your oven doesn't work.

This sounds like it will be an interesting ESO live, I'm looking forward to it.

Well technically some of these concerns could be covered in the news section if they wanted just as they do in other episodes.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    If they really want to get the viewing figures up they would bring us Wrobel as duel fodder for some 'proc-therapy'! >:)
    As much as I would love to see that, I worry it's a two edged blade.

If Wrobel won, people would complain about something.
    If Wrobel lost they would complain he's bad at PvP and start making the normal insulting and rude demands.

Now what I would like to see is an entire ZOS staff battlegrounds match with Wrobel, Rich and Wheeler each captain of a team.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Flaminir wrote: »
    As much as I would love to see that, I worry it's a two edged blade.

If Wrobel won, people would complain about something.
    If Wrobel lost they would complain he's bad at PvP and start making the normal insulting and rude demands.

Now what I would like to see is an entire ZOS staff battlegrounds match with Wrobel, Rich and Wheeler each captain of a team.
    Well, the duelling conditions are not optimal anyway since we still have pre Morrowind EU char copies on pts. This means Bobby will either duel against players with their own (but a bit outdated) chars and high ping or against players with low ping who have to build something out of the template gear options.

But anyway it's nice to see devs playing eso again. :)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get, yet again, someone to say, "ESO will never support a global auction hall. We would have to change our base code" and start deleting these thread that constantly pop up?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Can we get, yet again, someone to say, "ESO will never support a global auction hall. We would have to change our base code" and start deleting these thread that constantly pop up?

That is actually a valid thing to bring up with the UI designer in this episode. The horribad vanilla UI for the guild traders is one of the biggest complaints from the console community, leading me to believe it's a barrier to embracing the trader system and continually asking for an AH instead.

If Zeni were willing to modify the UI to add in some elements of the (invaluable) AGS addon, it would go a long way.
    Edited by Reverb on June 23, 2017 3:20PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really awesome ESO Live, thanks to the guests for coming on and thanks to Fiona and Shrek for hosting it! :trollface:

As said in the chat would love to have Bobby come on and talk UI and maybe take some of our questions *cough* guild store UI *cough*.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am A ONE HAPPY CAMPER ! WOOP WOOP !
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

Grtz. The ingame part sounds almost as cool as the book.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    CavalryPK wrote: »

Grtz. The ingame part sounds almost as cool as the book.
    It's the one that comes with the Mudcrab plushy if you buy one new.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Pets#Rufous_Mudcrab