Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Make Morrowind purchasable with crowns

GreenGuildKnight
GreenGuildKnight
Soul Shriven
I was told by support that if I wanted Morrowind to be purchasable with crowns to let the developers know on the forums.
If you would also like this option please simply reply here that you would as well to hopefully raise awareness.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Edited by GreenGuildKnight on June 9, 2017 7:31PM
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    They already stated that Morrowind will not be available in the Crown Store for purchase with crowns .....

They may or not change their minds in the future but I would not expect it anytime soon .....

Options
  • GreenGuildKnight
    GreenGuildKnight
    Soul Shriven
    Well the general idea would be getting enough people to support it. From which the developers would see it would be something the community wants. However, I can tell that, in all likelihood, nobody probably cares anymore as they've already bought it.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People like to cite other MMOs when justifying calling the chapter an "expansion". If it is an expansion, perhaps it will just get rolled into the base game down the road when newer chapters are out.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't make any difference to me whether I buy Morrowind with cash directly or buy crowns and then use them to buy Morrowind.

Oh, except this way I have Morrowind on both the EU and NA servers. Not that I play on NA often, but it's still nice to know it's there if I want it, unlike all the DLC and other crown store purchases.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes little difference if you buy crowns on the webstore and morrowind in the crownstore, or by morrowind straight at their webstore. Thus I don't expect them to make any extra effort to change things from how they are right now...

In a year or so, maaaybe.
    When Morrowind will be old news, they -might- split it up and sell the pieces that made up the "expansion" (Vvardenfell area, warden class, battlegrounds access) seperately in the crown store.
    Maybe.
    We'll see.
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This most likely wont be happening, and most certainly not any time soon.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of splitting the dlc up in pieces. I'll just buy Vvardenfell with crowns and maybe save some $. I can care less about warden class and battlegrounds.

I highly doubt it will make it to crown store anytime soon and I doubt it will be packed in with the base game as well when the next chapter is released.

People just want to spend their crowns that they​ splurged on when crowns were discounted.
    Options
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they made it available for crowns then they would have to give it to ESO+ members. Forum rage would be intense. It won't happen.

When the next chapter comes out they might include Morrowind with it for me purchases or upgrades. I don't they will ever do crowns for chapters due to ESO+.
    Options
  • GreenGuildKnight
    GreenGuildKnight
    Soul Shriven
    Cêltic421 wrote: »
    People just want to spend their crowns that they​ splurged on when crowns were discounted.

This is the main reason. I bought them only for DLC and have almost no interest in normal crown store items. Calling it and expansion is just their reason to hide behind not putting it crown store, that way they can add it to their quarterly sales margins. We already bought the crowns so they've already calculated those profits. Either way I was just hoping that enough people would have supported the idea, but can see it's already grown to only supporting the developers.
    Options
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cêltic421 wrote: »

This is the main reason. I bought them only for DLC and have almost no interest in normal crown store items. Calling it and expansion is just their reason to hide behind not putting it crown store, that way they can add it to their quarterly sales margins. We already bought the crowns so they've already calculated those profits. Either way I was just hoping that enough people would have supported the idea, but can see it's already grown to only supporting the developers.
    It is not support for the developers. Not putting Morrowind in the Crown Store has been discussed to death since the announcement in January. Especially since it was not going to be included with ESO+. Do a search and read some of them. If they have not changed their minds in 5 months, they are not going to now. Most of realize this. If 10,000+ agreed in this thread to put it in the crown store, they will still not do it. It will go in the crown store when and if they decide .....

Edited by Balibe on June 10, 2017 7:31PM
    Options
  • HugsAlotOfBosmer
    eh, I don't see much point in it honestly. what would change anyways?
    Options
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They strategically choose to put a price tag on it without crowns, AND made it extra pricey, so they could squeeze the most money out of it. Maybe in the far future, they'll put it with the other DLC's, or put a crown price on it, same for the Warden class, or at least lower the price and hold a sale so you could buy it for €20 or less (let's pray).
    Options
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling this will happen, but it won't be for a while. As for subscribers, if it happens, it'll still be a mandatory purchase to actually unlock the content, listed as an upgrade rather than a DLC. Case in point, the Imperial Edition.
    Edited by FluffyReachWitch on June 12, 2017 4:47PM
    Options
  • s3rgioru3las
    s3rgioru3las
    Soul Shriven
    Or offer some kind of discount for loyal members. I have had ESO Plus for 15 Months. That's $224.85 that has gone to ESO. I don't care if the Morrowind upgrade cost 20k crowns, at least give me the option. Or provide some kind of discount to those with ESO Plus. Anything to show that you (Zenimax) value the loyal ones who stuck around all this time. The way Zenimax took this approach, it seems they don't care at all about the loyal members.
    Options
  • Eithnemor
    Eithnemor
    Don't think it will ever happen. Would have been great if they could have at least offered some discount for long term ESO+ members though.
    Edited by Eithnemor on June 21, 2017 4:19AM
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that will happen I assume it can be near the release date of another Chapter DLC which will be in the middle of 2018. Well good news is that Morrowind price is at the moment pretty decent and You can buy it for around 20$/€ or 15 £ .
    Options
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems a bit weird to me tbh, I'd like to see the reasoning?

Only reason I can think of is the price (I think I paid something like £40) so maybe converting it to crowns would look a bit intimidating? Also would stop people saving up subscription crowns and buying it for 'free'.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
    Options
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems a bit weird to me tbh, I'd like to see the reasoning?

Only reason I can think of is the price (I think I paid something like £40) so maybe converting it to crowns would look a bit intimidating? Also would stop people saving up subscription crowns and buying it for 'free'.

The reason for not offering it via crowns is simple. ESO+ includes all DLC available via crowns. They chose to make Morrowind not included with ESO+. So, Morrowind is only available via physical or digital purchase outside of the game.
    Options
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if it would be available for crowns the amount of crowns you'd have to buy would amount to if not more than what you would pay for the actual game anyway. Where's the logic?

Apart from having saved up eso plus crowns. Either way it's still costing real money.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
    Options