Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we please, oh please, get more silk/ruby ingots/ruby ash from deconstructing stuff?

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
We get so much more for low level mats when deconstructing - but I accidentally make a 150 silk jerkin and I deconstruct and I get back 1 piece of silk. Makes no sense.

This has led to a serious shortage in the game of silk (especially since you nerfed the clothier surveys by giving us copious amounts of rubedo leather in that stupid trap). The price of silk is now at a ridiculous 18k per stack on the PS4. I can't even get my writs done without having to farm for an hour in a morning first. Leaves no time to actually play the game if I want to get them done. And all it does is make it easier for gold farmers to get their money and sell the gold online via paypal. Just listen to your crowd base... for once!!
  • Xander3Zero
    Xander3Zero
    ✭✭
    I haven't been around that long, and even less time at max level... but I do daily crafting writs and have no trouble with having enough mats to make the skill level 10 gear. You don't need to craft the gear at CP160 to complete the dailies.. you can craft them at CP150 for 15x silk/ingot/ash instead of 150x.

I am still doing alot of exploring and questing along with some random dungeons here and there which means I have plenty of gear to decon into mats. Are you crafting CP160 gear for the daily writs??!?
  • MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need to craft the gear at CP160 to complete the dailies.. you can craft them at CP150 for 15x silk/ingot/ash instead of 150x.

That's good to know but c'mon 10x the mats for crafting CP160 gear?

I was so massively disappointed when hitting 160 and religiously leveling my crafting in anticipation of finally having some CP160 gear only to discover that despite deconning everything and harvesting as many nodes as I could on TWO characters I had no where near enough material to craft even a single set...

It's outright ludicrous!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • Xander3Zero
    Xander3Zero
    ✭✭
    MarzAttakz wrote: »
    You don't need to craft the gear at CP160 to complete the dailies.. you can craft them at CP150 for 15x silk/ingot/ash instead of 150x.

That's good to know but c'mon 10x the mats for crafting CP160 gear?

I was so massively disappointed when hitting 160 and religiously leveling my crafting in anticipation of finally having some CP160 gear only to discover that despite deconning everything and harvesting as many nodes as I could on TWO characters I had no where near enough material to craft even a single set...

It's outright ludicrous!

Once you are CP160+ for a little while you won't have any problems, just keep decon'ing gear and you'll have plenty of everything in no time. Also because so many people are max level there is actually a huge abundance of CP160 crafting mats which drives down the market prices.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use about 500 ancestor's silk per day doing writs. I enjoy doing writs. But hardly ever get surveys anymore, and when I do they are diminished by 33% because of the furrier traps.

I have over 10k rubedo leather and always below 1k of ancestor's silk - meaning I have to farm for 1 hour per day. I have absolutely no time to do anything else. I deconstruct everything. But when you get 1 ancestor's silk from everything you decon only, it means I must decon 500 items per day. That's just not even possible.

The price of silk on ps4 is sky high right now too.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    I use about 500 ancestor's silk per day doing writs. I enjoy doing writs. But hardly ever get surveys anymore, and when I do they are diminished by 33% because of the furrier traps.

I have over 10k rubedo leather and always below 1k of ancestor's silk - meaning I have to farm for 1 hour per day. I have absolutely no time to do anything else. I deconstruct everything. But when you get 1 ancestor's silk from everything you decon only, it means I must decon 500 items per day. That's just not even possible.

The price of silk on ps4 is sky high right now too.

You can craft writ gear in CP150. Are you doing writs on a full stable of alts? A single crafter shouldn't need to spend more than 45 of any material on a writ.
    Edited by Jamini on June 21, 2017 2:10PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if hes making writs on 15 chars, not saying he do, but if he does. No wonder the mats will dry out at one point :D

which means, game design is working :D
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    if hes making writs on 15 chars, not saying he do, but if he does. No wonder the mats will dry out at one point :D

which means, game design is working :D

That is pretty much in line with what I said. If you have that many people doing writs, you frankly should be required to farm or buy mats to keep it up.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    I 100% agree. Not sure what's up with the white night Zos defenders? Getting 1 silk back from deconstructing is beyond ridiculous. The price of ancestor silk on PS4 is reaching extortion levels !
    Yes I know I can just farm for a couple hours but that's even become problematic with so many farmers .
    Would it really create problems if the increased this to 5 or so. Of course making cp 160 gear more in line with others ( perhaps costing only 30-50 ) would also be an amicable solution
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get heaps of equipment when farming public dungeons. If I get, say 10 times as much as now, any piece of equipment would feel like it has Ornate on it. :smiley:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was so massively disappointed when hitting 160 and religiously leveling my crafting in anticipation of finally having some CP160 gear only to discover that its just a tiny bit better than CP150

Fixed that for you. You think your disappointed over the amount of mats you use, wait until you compare CP150 gear to CP160 gear. Then you will really be crying in your cornflakes.

Weapons, sure there is a nice appreciable difference. Armor? the difference is depressingly small.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• MarzAttakz
    MarzAttakz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I was so massively disappointed when hitting 160 and religiously leveling my crafting in anticipation of finally having some CP160 gear only to discover that its just a tiny bit better than CP150

Fixed that for you. You think your disappointed over the amount of mats you use, wait until you compare CP150 gear to CP160 gear. Then you will really be crying in your cornflakes.

Weapons, sure there is a nice appreciable difference. Armor? the difference is depressingly small.

I KNOW RIGHT!!! :dizzy:

Well it's more a mental reward, a sense of progression, perhaps even an OCD thing but I won't feel I've progressed until I have CP160 everything.
    PC EU
    Qura Scura | Altmer | MagBlade
    Lhylyth | Breton | MagPlar
    Nhynyth | Khajiit | MagDK
    Ghwynyth | Dunmer | MagSorc
    Loots-All-Urns | Argonian | MagDen
    Shades-Of-Gray | Argonian | StamDK
    Or'Chastration | Orc | StamSorc
    Little Miss Famished | Orc | StamCro
    Fhane Sharog | Orc | StamDen
    Dead Moons Rising | Khajiit | StamBlade
    The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »

That is pretty much in line with what I said. If you have that many people doing writs, you frankly should be required to farm or buy mats to keep it up.

Huh, well you can farm it yourself, buy it, or if you have THAT many alts, the surveys+hirelings (at max level)+decon should be fine.

Unless you don't collect your surveys, don't decon, and don't farm or buy?

If you want that many alts it takes a lot of upkeep. Even for the 3 of mine that do writs, takes at least 3-4 hours a day of farming to get enough for next days writs, plus a stack to sell. (Pacific time, I don't wake up until the East Coast has already picked everything over)