The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Make Tradeable Gear Upgradeable and Able To Trade It Back!

jmotz85ub17_ESO
jmotz85ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
Met some pretty cool dudes dueling outside of the Undaunted Headquarters in Grahtwood, we got to chattin' and the one cat says he needs the two handed Viper Sting weapon from Fungal Grotto 2 so we decide to run it. Why not? First run, no such luck. Second run however, the Debaser weapon drops for me. Granted we are in Normal Mode and it is of blue quality. My homie is wondering whether or not one of us could upgrade this fine new weapon he has been farming for. I tell him, "I got you, and the mats are on me." Well to our shagrin, as soon as I upgrade it with my other toon now it is bound to me. And if I have inform that the weapon he had just been farming for who knows how long, is not mine and I don't even need it. It was tradeable right until the upgrade, and now it is worthless...for both of us. At least consider allowing people with max crafting capabilities to help someone else out, and especially in a monumentous moment of someone finally getting the loot AND the trait they had desired.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You receive a warning that the item will become bound when you upgrade.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • jmotz85ub17_ESO
    jmotz85ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I honestly didn't even see it, so that is definitely my mistake. But nonetheless, this really makes no sense to me. Is there a reason why this in place?
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, gear from dungeons is by definition bound on pickup and only tradeable with group members for 2 hours. So it makes "sense".
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • jmotz85ub17_ESO
    jmotz85ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    lol okay Serious Sam, thanks for the insight.
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    It worked how it's supposed to. This prevents you from selling that gear in a guild store.... Thereby making it pay to win. As you'd just buy the best gear instead of farm it. It sucks you only have two hour windows. But it has a countdown timer on the item to tell you that too. Live and learn. It happens to everyone at some point. You bind something by accident. I've crafter gear and gone to enchant it for the people too and accidentally equipped it. Well. That was a waste.