The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I Can't Believe I Did It.

CousinOfBurzGroKhash
CousinOfBurzGroKhash
Soul Shriven
In my two years of playing Elder Scrolls Online, I killed my first innocent. It actually bothered me for a while, since I tend to avoid killing innocents. I know this is a thread for skills discussion, but I will get to that, I promise. I hope you will allow me to share my story.

I was doing the Veya Releth quest in Balmora. I was in some house, I forget which, but I was being sneaky with Naryu Virian. One of the Wardens triggered the guards, so he left his Bear with the guard. I was dreadly afraid of getting caught, so I hid in the corner hoping the Bear would despawn. I, then, realized I had my bear out, so I quickly tried to desummon my Bear. I went into characters and attempted to desummon my Bear, but since I had Eternal Guardian, the bear kept spawning back. I thought, "Oh, when they said Eternal, they literally meant it!" So, at the time, I thought there was no way for me to desummon my Bear. So I left him out. Meanwhile, the other Warden's Bear brought the guard to about a sliver of health points left. For some reason, the guard decided to cast his "Dragonknight Claw Hold-You-In-Place Thing." It hit my bear, and instinctively, he charged at the guard and killed him. I was in shock. And to rub the salt into my wound, I got a achievement called MURDERER.

I felt horrible for a few hours. It bothered me to a point where I wanted to lash out at that Warden! I didn't, though. It would have been silly, if I did. Though, I do still feel bad for that guard still. That guard could have had a family!

Anyway, I promised you that this post would be related to Skills. And it will! I just wanted to leave a suggestion. For the Eternal Guardian skill, would it be possible to make it so that when you desummon your Bear in the Characters menu, that the bear will actually desummon? If this is possible, I humbly suggest that this be implemented. Right now, it's set up where you actually have to desummon your Bear twice to make him/her go away.

Thank you for listening.
It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err, meat.”
  • FluffyReachWitch
    FluffyReachWitch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aw. If it eases your conscience, innocent NPCs respawn very quickly. Death is but a minor inconvenience to them. :wink:

In the future you might be able to get rid of your bear by swapping bars, unless the bear stays around even when you weapon swap? I don't have any experience with this ult but that's how it works with sorcerer pets. They get unsummoned if they're out when you swap to a bar that doesn't have them. Of course, depending on your level, this might not be an option yet.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will probably kill again :-)
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP- you have the options in settings- Game play- Prevent attacking Innocents Option. Switch that on and you wont go through this horrible affair ever again.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YOU MURDERER!
    PS4 NA DC
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    "STOP! YOU'VE VIOLATED THE LAW!!!!!"
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on June 21, 2017 2:55AM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has the Mass Murderer achievement, I have no advice! lol
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, to be fair, it *IS* hard to control bears. They're natural predators, ya know.
  • Attackfrog
    Attackfrog
    ✭✭✭
    I called the police when I read this.

How could you? He had a FAMILY!
    "You can have fun or you can have safety, but you can't have them both"
    -A ten-year-old
  • Yoven
    Yoven
    ✭✭✭
    WE KNOW!
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your bear just got a little taste of the dark side this one understands and knows well the sweet ambrosia. >:)
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on June 21, 2017 9:21AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In my two years of playing Elder Scrolls Online, I killed my first innocent. It actually bothered me for a while, since I tend to avoid killing innocents. I know this is a thread for skills discussion, but I will get to that, I promise. I hope you will allow me to share my story.

I was doing the Veya Releth quest in Balmora. I was in some house, I forget which, but I was being sneaky with Naryu Virian. One of the Wardens triggered the guards, so he left his Bear with the guard. I was dreadly afraid of getting caught, so I hid in the corner hoping the Bear would despawn. I, then, realized I had my bear out, so I quickly tried to desummon my Bear. I went into characters and attempted to desummon my Bear, but since I had Eternal Guardian, the bear kept spawning back. I thought, "Oh, when they said Eternal, they literally meant it!" So, at the time, I thought there was no way for me to desummon my Bear. So I left him out. Meanwhile, the other Warden's Bear brought the guard to about a sliver of health points left. For some reason, the guard decided to cast his "Dragonknight Claw Hold-You-In-Place Thing." It hit my bear, and instinctively, he charged at the guard and killed him. I was in shock. And to rub the salt into my wound, I got a achievement called MURDERER.

I felt horrible for a few hours. It bothered me to a point where I wanted to lash out at that Warden! I didn't, though. It would have been silly, if I did. Though, I do still feel bad for that guard still. That guard could have had a family!

Anyway, I promised you that this post would be related to Skills. And it will! I just wanted to leave a suggestion. For the Eternal Guardian skill, would it be possible to make it so that when you desummon your Bear in the Characters menu, that the bear will actually desummon? If this is possible, I humbly suggest that this be implemented. Right now, it's set up where you actually have to desummon your Bear twice to make him/her go away.

Thank you for listening.

Sithis is pleased by your deed :smiley: , but try next time using the Blade of Woe, so also the soul of the innocent would be delivered to Sithis
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sadly double slot isn't worth all the trouble because he is never where i need him to be. try the ice ulti and the healing one they are much better than the bear imo.

Edited by Fur_like_snow on June 21, 2017 8:54AM
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, Pacifist route failed. Might as well go genocide now. Time to have a bad time.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Legion of Doom, you can hang your coat here and the break room is over here. Don't get candy set Brainiac's cubicle hell talk you to death...literally.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Fake story. Guards can not be killed. xD
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fake story. Guards can not be killed. xD

Fair to assume it was a standard npc "guard", not the immortal law enforcement goldbar guards.
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You make me sick. People like you who kill innocent pixels on video games are destroying this planet.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol blade of woe.... Mythia anyone hehe
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »
    Welp, Pacifist route failed. Might as well go genocide now. Time to have a bad time.

f7b.gif
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracindo wrote: »

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?
    I finally accepted I'd never be able to save goatbro and you bring this up again.

**** you Chara.
    Argonian forever
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

Haha word!
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a video game dude
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You didn't kill them, your bear did...See, all better!
    • If you're on PC, you can also 'control' your bear using the Command Pet keybind.

Right Click and Command Pet will recall it to you, making it completely passive.

Realistically, you didn't think you could stroll around with your very own grizzly and not expect someone to get mauled, did you?

EDIT: I don't think the bear would have fit in the barrel with you and the other two PC's hiding anyway. ;)
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on June 22, 2017 12:46PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Imhotep71
    Imhotep71
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

Same.
    Ever dance with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

• Techkey1
    Techkey1
    ✭✭
    NOOOOOOOO, HOW COULD YOU!!!!!
    CP 477 | Dark Elf | Dragon Knight DPS | Ebonheart Pact | Solo Player | No alts

More of a solo player. Learning to be more guild social lol. LOVING THE MORROWIND EXPANSION!!!

ESO PC NA

Love is what I know.
    Life is what I live.
    Death I will never see.
    Immortality awaits me.
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You monster!

*Whistles and brushes DB Silencer under the rug*

So even if you remove it from the Ultimate slot, it still re-summons? Ugh, the lack of a "de-summon" button has been an annoyance for my pet sorc for years, but "eternal guardian" makes it a straight-up pain. >_<
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You post rather soundly for a murderer
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    TLDR. I also hate clickbait.
  • WhoThenNow7
    WhoThenNow7
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. That's all I have to say.. just.. wow...
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by Koensol on June 23, 2017 6:37AM