Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Former Emperor Skills

RobbieRocket
RobbieRocket
✭✭✭
Hi,

I had a few questions regarding the Emperor skill line and becoming an Emperor in general.

First off, are the Former Emporer passive skills still in effect, as show here: elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Emperor
I have read several pages suggesting the passives were to be/have been removed.

Secondly, how hard is it to become Emperor?
I know the technical scenario of what is required, but for example, this summer on PS4 in Vivec Campaign, fighting for DC, will I need 2 days non-stop, 7 days with 3-5 hours sleep each day, 4 good days with 1 hour power-naps? Can anyone even speculate? Should I hit a differen campaign? Should I tell all my guilds and friends and run with my regular group to get this? Will I even manage? How much harder is it than the Fishing trophy?

Thanks, in advance - I would love to hear from those who have achieved Emperor, or have tried a lot for this.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passive are removed

Becoming emperor need preparation and most important a team, not comparable to fishing.

Here you need to have more AP that everybody in your team and get all 6 forts.

Requires a strong group and team work
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a good guide on here by @Crown that sums this up.

No the Emp passives do not remain any more sadly, once you lose it bar the title and costume its gone.

Vivec will be hardcore you will need a group backing you up. And strategic push. Like going mental at the start of Camp getting near front, coordinating with others in your alliance top ten etc.

Alot of variables yo getting Emp, i never have both others will advise am sure.

Gd Luck
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know ps4s vivec. Ours is the most competitve on xbox na. I would advise one, dont bother if your not a known player and contribute. The alliance will just send someone they like more to ap boost and pass you. But if none of that bs crap goes on and your just competing, plan on playing 24 hours straight for a day or two atleast. The top 5 will watch leaderboards or have others that do and as soon as you stop will get over you by thousands. Day two or three you can begin taking 2-4 hour naps. 3-7 more like 4-6 if you have gotten emp and use your power right. Be at every big offensive fight. Repair walls every resource upgrade when there are no big fights. Stay solo for bigger ap from kills. Use text chat to call out points of interest so people know and see you in the fight.

Doing this right, you should be earning 80-100k an hour.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. I do know all the mechanics and already have a good 48 player support (regularly in 2 teams) but I did not know about the passives or the AP solo element. I play as a fantastic healer with plenty of buffs - which of course makes me a wimp solo...

Is there anyway I can play as I am, is is simply that I need to throw a hit on an enemy that then dies, rather than kill them solo?
    Also, doesn't healing achieve a lot of AP? I thought it got me loads (as I heal as much 10 players x 3000 average per second) and are they also shared in a group, and therefore I should go solo but heal others?

This all sounds a bit poorly designed and very pernickerty against being part of a group.

I would appreciate more info here...

(And why did they get rid of the passives? A simple idea would be to add CAMPAIGN SKILL passives, for example, have the Emperor passives there instead and have them based on rank (the numbers, not the names) and then, for example it could be +0.05% all stat regen per rank, and so on...
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you just want to become emp there are a few ways of getting it, if this is just for the achievement.

1. Go to your dead campaign as soon as it resets and just capture the keeps and repair all the walls with a few friends guarding you. generally you'll snag it on the day until the usual emp returns and takes it over again.
    2. Ask nicely in zone chat / Pay for it, works sometimes, If you say you just want to get it and will hand it over after sometimes the top players will let you do it, they generally all know each other anyway, It's getting harder to do it this way though.
    3. Assemble your minions and as soon as it resets head straight out and capture the keeps, send minions and any helpers to fend off the opposition (maybe spawn camp at the gates so they can't get out) whilst you repair repair repair. It's boring as hell but once you've got it you can then go and destroy. But I guarantee there will be tons of others at this as well and can take a whole night until they give up. You NEED to no life this and it must begin on minute 1 of the campaign starting.

Option 1 is the easiest, just go to the campaign on your platform that is dead and gauge how much AP the current Emp has, generally it's not a lot as there is no one to kill. I achieved mine with just 2 body guards after noticing half way through the campaign the top player had a mere 60K AP, Go and capture the keeps and it'll be yours, as the keeps don't reset they cannot gain anymore, Just strike at the right time, if on console just search for their name and see if they are online or last online. If they've just gone off or for like a few hours it's probably good to go, if it's like 12hrs or so they are probably due on.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol emp at cyro is THE most blamed person-worst than healers,why you want to do this?

examples:
    "brk ua,emp help"
    "not going south of Sejanus,gankers at bridge,you want emp,go yourself"
    "emp not helping,cause he sleeps"
    "emp is a chicken and hides inside last emp keep"
    "emp group plz,cant siege or ram but i have a zerg"
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Vasanha
    This one hears nothing. Sees nothing. This one only sweeps.
    desperately need a survey assistant
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and be ready for people to put u down on the way ... i got emp a while back in BwB and for the whole push for AP i had people messaging me to slow down and asking me to let them get emp cause they have never gotten it and dont play much .... even though i work 14 hour days most days .... so prepare urself for some guilt trips and people putting you down during your push ... not everyone will ... but there will be a few
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're going for more solo emp style you gotta be able to kill very well, to what @W0lf_z13 said as well. You must have tunnel vision, and be prepared in everything you can think of.
    The Flyers
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    lol emp at cyro is THE most blamed person-worst than healers,why you want to do this?

examples:
    "brk ua,emp help"
    "not going south of Sejanus,gankers at bridge,you want emp,go yourself"
    "emp not helping,cause he sleeps"
    "emp is a chicken and hides inside last emp keep"
    "emp group plz,cant siege or ram but i have a zerg"

I'm always amazed at how suddenly someone with no reputation can suddenly become public enemy number one just because they became emp
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • makeumrage
    makeumrage
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you can get it on a healer. But you share your healing ap now. Form a 4 man team and follow your main group. Make sure for any ticks they back off and pass them to you. Honestly with support that size it should be easy. Farm a outpost or resource away from the main fight then have your group run off and pass the o tick or d tick just to you. Itll turn that 2-3k group tick into 20-30k for yourself.
  • pugyourself
    pugyourself
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just buy a ton of mortar and repair doors and walls all night at the start of the campaign. That's how hundreds of the former emps got it.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi,

Secondly, how hard is it to become Emperor?
    I know the technical scenario of what is required, but for example, this summer on PS4 in Vivec Campaign, fighting for DC, will I need 2 days non-stop, 7 days with 3-5 hours sleep each day, 4 good days with 1 hour power-naps? Can anyone even speculate? Should I hit a differen campaign? Should I tell all my guilds and friends and run with my regular group to get this? Will I even manage? How much harder is it than the Fishing trophy?

Thanks, in advance - I would love to hear from those who have achieved Emperor, or have tried a lot for this.

If you can plan to take a week or two with very little sleep, playing all day and night, you can get to the top of the leaderboard, but then you may not be able to persuade your faction to capture all the keeps at that moment when you are on top.

This achievement is mainly for people who have a lot of free time and no school or work commitments. If you can do that for a long time, like a month or two, then you have much better chance. In the past I've gotten emperor a few times on different characters, and I wouldn't pin my hopes on getting it within a week.
    Is there anyway I can play as I am, is is simply that I need to throw a hit on an enemy that then dies, rather than kill them solo?
    Also, doesn't healing achieve a lot of AP? I thought it got me loads (as I heal as much 10 players x 3000 average per second) and are they also shared in a group, and therefore I should go solo but heal others?

You earn AP the fastest if you kill a lot of enemy players by yourself (ganking or where you are doing the most damage), but you can earn a lot if you heal lots of people on a high population server (also better if you are not in any group). You will be competing with very experienced players who know how to earn a lot of AP fast as soon as the campaign resets. Later, when the action slows down and there are not any large keep battles going on, you probably won't earn much AP from healing, just from repairing walls I suppose.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on June 17, 2017 3:40AM
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks again, all.
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @RobbieRocket there's a section on making AP and another on emperor I wrote up on darkelves.com. Link in my signature - using mobile at the moment so not typing too much. Feel free to ask questions on Discord as well and good luck!
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com