Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

I start a new character and go exploring and it gets locked

declovich
declovich
Soul Shriven
Hi all i bought this game 3 days ago and spent 2 days with locked characters because I dunno. I left that morrowind place and went to the daggerfall covenant land and went exploring then i get kicked and character is locked?

After a day and steam refusing to refund my purchase, I started a new character and went exploring the land near morrowind and it happened again. Error 326 character locked.

This really seems like a bad open world mmo if i get effectively banned when i don't do quests and explore.

Also I got answered 3 times on my tickets and never did they even acknowledge what was going on then they set it to duplicate and resolved.

I deleted my original toon cause I wanted the name and now I am doing quests and i'm not banned but will i if i leave morrowind?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't sound like you were banned as a ban would stop you logging into your entire account.

The character lock is not something I have heard of before but there are other threads about it.
    I would choose on ticket about your issue and reply to the automated response in future asking for another review (never open multiple tickets on the same issue, it helps no one).

If the character was locked for some reason then I imagine it was reported for something. Just to confirm you didn't have an inappropriate character name, or purchased any gold from sites online?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • declovich
    declovich
    Soul Shriven
    No the name was this one and i have 30 gold just got the game
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were some people who experienced a bug with not being able to access their accounts. It is one of the rare ones, but it sucks when it happens to you.

Did you open a support ticket on the issue?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    declovich wrote: »
    Hi all i bought this game 3 days ago and spent 2 days with locked characters because I dunno. I left that morrowind place and went to the daggerfall covenant land and went exploring then i get kicked and character is locked?

After a day and steam refusing to refund my purchase, I started a new character and went exploring the land near morrowind and it happened again. Error 326 character locked.

This really seems like a bad open world mmo if i get effectively banned when i don't do quests and explore.

Also I got answered 3 times on my tickets and never did they even acknowledge what was going on then they set it to duplicate and resolved.

I deleted my original toon cause I wanted the name and now I am doing quests and i'm not banned but will i if i leave morrowind?

Are the locked characters Wardens?
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes, that's some bad luck.

Judging by a forum search, Error 326 seems to be a fluke error that crops up in unlucky players (looks like you got bit by the bug, sorry. :( ). It may be related to the system detecting something off about your characters, such as hacks or a problem with the name... but it could also be that something utterly benign in your computer specs is setting it off.

The support system of this game is unfortunately sub-par. The first couple emails you get after submitting a ticket are automatic emails based on, as far as I can tell, keywords in your ticket. This is why the first few rounds rarely address specific, uncommon issues like this.

What you need to do is keep replying to one ticket. This is the best way to do it: don't send multiple tickets, but just submit one and keep replying to that email thread. If you stop replying, they assume the problem is resolved and close the ticket. Eventually (up to a week, I've found) a person will look at your ticket, and after that point, they're generally very helpful. It's getting to a person that's the problem: their support team is sorely understaffed for their ticket volume.

Sorry to hear that your experiences with the game have been so rough! :(
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • sarbonn
    sarbonn
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this gets fixed for you.
    Clueless, but willing to learn.