Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning player, now on xbox

kuma82
kuma82
✭✭✭
I originally played eso on pc when it first came out. I stopped after awhile, I think no more than 6 months. After so long I'm coming back but on xbox. So I am having to restart all over again. It seems like a lot has changed also, which I am catching up on. Having to start over helps in that sense.

Now I only have the base game currently. So none of the expansions or dlcs. Originally you would go through each alliance's play through to gain veteran rank. Now it is champion points. Is it essentially the same thing? And do you switch sides to do other alliance's point of view on dlcs/expansions? I have been playing PvP for a bit and see that there are armor vendors. Is any of it worthwhile? Any vendors I should go visit? As far as items, what should i go after, save for? It sounds like most gear is throw away until champion 160. Also being new I'm Poor, level 22 no mount lol. I am still doing quests in glenumbra so I know I have money to make, I just leveled quite a bit running in cyrodil assaulting. I know I am after bloodpact, and aldmeri alliance styles, along with ebony. I didn't look into it, but I heard there is a vendor similar to xur in Destiny. What currency do they use, and are the items at a set level or to what I am currently?

Also if any guilds are open on Xbox I'm looking to join a decently sized group of people who are on odd hours also. So I can delve into group activities for first time and get some help hopefully with leveling professions again. Any other info I should know about please feel free to chime in. Thanks for any help.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back, @kuma82
    The whole world scales with your level, so you can go to any zone, but it will make the most sense to work through the zones how you would have done before. Start in Glenumbra, for example, and follow the alliance quest line that takes you through that alliance's zones, picking up side quests and Fighter's/Mage's guild quests along the way.

Champion points are account-wide, so once you get to level 50 all progress on that characters applies to your whole account. When new characters are created, you can assign the Champion points you have earned on your account to them right away. So if you have 300 Champion Points, every character can apply 300 points to the various nodes in that system. So once you level a character to 50, they are personally maxed out, and you can keep earning Champion Points infinitely, though it takes more xp for each point, and there is a cap on how many you can spend, which ZOS raises periodically. The current cap is 630 points (210 per tree).

The PvP vendors sell gear for Alliance Points, which are gained by participating in PvP, like capturing keeps and resources or killing players. All gear below CP 160 has a very limited value, so do not worry too much about the perfect gear until you are at that point. In the mean time you can just try out various easy to obtain sets to find what suits you. You could also look on Youtube for build videos for the kind of spec you intend to play, like a Magicka Nightblade damage dealer or a Stamina Dragonknight tank or whatever. That could give you a sense for what sort of gear you should be working toward at endgame.

At this point the visual style of gear can only be set for crafted gear sets. Anything that drops in the world already has a style and currently cannot be changed, though a system for doing that will be in game eventually (like next year or later).

For guilds, there is a guilds section on the forums, so you could check some of those threads for info. Alternately, going to a capitol city or Rawlka and asking for a guild invite in zone chat will usually get some responses.

Good luck out there!