The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

New Surface Pro i7 Will Not Run Game in Full Screen

Ulfson
Ulfson
✭✭✭
So I had ESO running on a Surface Pro 3 at low quality but it ran. Now I have a new 2017 Surface Pro with an i7 and when the game runs it chooses to use 1/4 of the screen. Now this is normal for very high resolution screens and the remedy is to go to the exe properties compatibility tab and select "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by: System (Enhanced)". But the compatibility tab is missing from the eso64.exe file. This compatibility change allowed the launcher to run correctly. The only thing wrong is I can't play a postage stamp sized game. On my desktop the compatibility tab is present.

Reading the system requirements does not say that an Nvidia or AMD graphics card is required but based on the ESORequirementChecker.exe that is a requirement. It flags the IRIS graphics in red font as incompatible. It is just silly that the compatibility tab is not on the eso64.exe file but I have successfully gotten ALL my other programs and games to run using the compatibility tab.

Any way I can get the compatibility tab back?
I tried the compatibility troubleshooter. That does allow me to set any options.
Happy Trails
Steve
  • Ulfson
    Ulfson
    ✭✭✭
    correction: The troubleshooter does not allow me to set any options.
    Options