The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Quests Broken since today's patch

ConeOfSilence
ConeOfSilence
✭✭✭✭
I have come across 2 broken quests in Morrowind since today's patch, Divine Intervention and Bound By Love. Anyone else having problems with these quests ?

Diving Intervention Galom Daeus Component markers are still showing on the map
Bound By Love is completely broken Red Star Shells not being collected on the map markers.
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excuse the typo there.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are in service for house telvanni foreva boi
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep 100% broken the main quest is now others in chat are having the same problem.
    Edited by ConeOfSilence on June 19, 2017 4:09PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi everyone,

As some of you have reported, after today's PC/Mac incremental patch it is not possible to complete certain quests. We will be pushing a hotfix for this tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM EDT that will require a few hours of downtime. We are reverting the fix for the "A Cold Wind From the Mountain" quest as part of this hotfix. If you currently have a quest that you cannot complete due to this issue, you will need to abandon the quest and pick it back up after the hotfix is live.

We will post our usual hotfix messaging, forum banner, and login screen announcement to let everyone know about the hotfix maintenance. Thank you for your patience!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

As some of you have reported, after today's PC/Mac incremental patch it is not possible to complete certain quests. We will be pushing a hotfix for this tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM EDT that will require a few hours of downtime. We are reverting the fix for the "A Cold Wind From the Mountain" quest as part of this hotfix. If you currently have a quest that you cannot complete due to this issue, you will need to abandon the quest and pick it back up after the hotfix is live.

We will post our usual hotfix messaging, forum banner, and login screen announcement to let everyone know about the hotfix maintenance. Thank you for your patience!

If only you cared that much about bgs that are unplayable since launch as you care for some pve quest or two...
  • Niberion
    Niberion
    ✭✭✭
    Quests are important! Broken Bgs not, even if it's a main feature of Morrowind Expansion (sarcasm)
  • Leaween
    Leaween
    Soul Shriven
    I have the bug on Divine delusion and on Bound By Love

If I abandon Divine delusion tomorrow I will have to start the major quest at the beginning ?
    Edited by Leaween on June 19, 2017 8:42PM
  • Kneighbors
    Kneighbors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

If only you cared that much about bgs that are unplayable since launch as you care for some pve quest or two...

I think they are simply not capable to fix things like group finder or bgs because they don't have proper staff.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Niberion wrote: »
    Quests are important! Broken Bgs not, even if it's a main feature of Morrowind Expansion (sarcasm)

The frustration regarding the Activity Finder queue issues is fair and understandable. We've had our Engineers prioritized on fixing them since Morrowind launched, and while we've identified and fixed some we still have work to do. We have a round of fixes that we're testing now and will push live with the next incremental patch. (The fixes we're testing are not ones we can roll out via a hotfix, as we can with tomorrow's quest issue fix.)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Cocorocho
    Cocorocho
    ✭✭✭

The frustration regarding the Activity Finder queue issues is fair and understandable. We've had our Engineers prioritized on fixing them since Morrowind launched, and while we've identified and fixed some we still have work to do. We have a round of fixes that we're testing now and will push live with the next incremental patch. (The fixes we're testing are not ones we can roll out via a hotfix, as we can with tomorrow's quest issue fix.)

You have been pushing a fix on next patch for weeks(months?). You guys are pretty good at pushing, keep it up
  • Jonno
    Jonno
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

not a hotfix then if servers coming down
    PC / EU
    |Chimaira
    |Thats What She Said
    |Call Of The Undaunted
    |Unfinished Business

TinkerBell - Orc Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Aelin - Bosmer Stamplar - Tick Tock Tormentor
    Prıncess - Dunmer - Mag NB - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Cher Lloyd - Dunmer - Sorc - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Luna Lovegøød - Dunmer - Templar - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    Leíghton - Redguard - Stam DK - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
  • DerpyShadowz
    DerpyShadowz
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't think its feasible to call them engineers anymore.
    Lurking in the shadows.
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think its feasible to call them engineers anymore.

Rekt
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused... if there needs to be downtime, doesn't that mean that there is going to be a new code build? Why does a hotfix need downtime (and doesn't that kinda make it not a hotfix)?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't believe it was doing the bound by love quest, didn't seem to pick up any shells which didn't seem right came on the forums and found this. Of all the quests I could have been on just before maintenance it had to be this one, whats the chance of that.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Or you revert the group finder back to stage when it was working as intended. You know, before Homestead. Before someone decided to add a ready check that sends DDs with 3h+ queue time to inifite queue when a Tank or Healer with 1 second queue time declines. And, you know, all the other issues... like 4 freakin people in a party on TS pressing yes and it still saying someone declined. And then waiting for ... finding a group with 4 people in a group.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valerien wrote: »
    Couldn't believe it was doing the bound by love quest, didn't seem to pick up any shells which didn't seem right came on the forums and found this. Of all the quests I could have been on just before maintenance it had to be this one, whats the chance of that.

Ha, I was doing this quest this past hour and it glitched out on me too. Now I know.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed alot of bugged dailys too but usually you can see you can click on one more thing than usual and completes
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    A Hotfix should not take a few hours...please don't call it that when you stuff something up then have to fix it taking the server down for more hours.

Hotfixes are quick....yours is a COLDfix. Pretty much sums up your attitude towards players, cold. What ever happened to QUALITY CONTROL?

Hi everyone,

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Long time no patch :-/
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a Joke. Abandon PvP so I dont need to play that game anymore and zos can focus on the pve casual Site.

Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next incremental patch is in 3 months right? @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wrothgar - Getting a Bellyful daily is now bugged too, cannot collect the Durzog feed no matter how much of it you pick up. The only work around I see for this so far is if haven't done the Durzog whistle quest in this area, it suddenly begins working normally one you blow that whistle halfway through the delve.

From what I have read at Glassdoor even Zenimax's own employees recognize they push for deadlines more than actual quality product polishing. Why am I not surprised they have posted 30+ job openings in the past month.
    love is love
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at all the Dogs biting the hand that feeds them cause they're not getting the kibble they want.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, guys -- you complain when ZOS doesn't respond, and now you're complaining when they DO. I think you're complaining just to hear yourself complain. Never saw such a bunch of cranks.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I'm confused... if there needs to be downtime, doesn't that mean that there is going to be a new code build? Why does a hotfix need downtime (and doesn't that kinda make it not a hotfix)?

Probably means players won't need to download anything but the server still needs a reset. Kind of splitting a hair to call it a hotfix, but it's not a true patch either.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Sheey
    Sheey
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Look at all the Dogs biting the hand that feeds them cause they're not getting the kibble they want.

Its not about dogs not getting feed, its the fact they released unfinished and untested content and trying to fix those issues since 5 weeks but they can't. Addentionally they fact such unfinished content costs 40-80$ is overpriced as hell.

No wonder people getting triggered, when @ZOS_JessicaFolsom comes into threads like this and says they've tested it and could join Battlegrounds without problems and same time it still does not work for 95% of the community.

Even more triggering is 'quests' become hotfixes and BGs not, just take the god damn servers down for the time it needs to get fixed.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Last time I checked we feed Zenimax, not the other way around. If you are fine paying for broken products then by all means, you keep being you. Just don't come complaining in 2-3 weeks when these same bugs make their way to the console version, even though PC users are getting fed up and very vocal about them.
    laksikus wrote: »
    console players get every patch 2-3 weeks late, its been like that since 2 years, since the start.

At least PC players beta test for you, find bugs and so on.
    You just could have canceled your preorder when you heard about all the bugs on PC, no reason to whine about it now.

That's not a valid excuse to fall back on anymore. The problems and bugs PC users deal with and report still end up in the Console release regardless.
    love is love
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time I checked we feed Zenimax, not the other way around. If you are fine paying for broken products then by all means, you keep being you.

I don't know what you're talking about? As far as the content I'm enjoying, nothing seems broken. Battlegrounds? I didn't pay for that, I paid for Vvardenfell, and that bit's been playable. If the entire game itself was riddled with bugs that caused crashes every other minute, then yes I'd call it a broken product. But it's not.

Besides I'm not the one in this thread throwing impolite and or insulting remarks aimed at the Devs because of problems they have with the game. The game is a service in a capitalist economy and this forum is a privilege, not a right. I don't log in to this forum so I can badmouth the people who are spending their working hours trying to entertain me.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!