The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crashes every 10 minutes?

Wodwo
Wodwo
✭✭✭
Is anyone else crashing roughly every 10-20 minutes?
  • Rolo42
    Rolo42
    ✭✭
    That is almost certainly a problem on your end. What are you doing, what does "crashing" mean and what have you tried?

If you mean a BSOD, follow the diagnostic message for troubleshooting. (drivers, memory test)

If you mean a spontaneous reboot, power supply is an issue.

If you mean a freeze, clean your PC (heat sinks, fans, case, etc.) and run stock clocks for troubleshooting (if overclocked).

At a minimum, you should have run the ESO repair tool.
  • Wodwo
    Wodwo
    ✭✭✭
    I have run the ESO Repair Tool, and reinstalled the game.

I've completed cleared out the launcher folder of all addons and let it rebuild itself when I started the game up.

I have completely up to date drivers on all system hardware.

This only started happening when the new patch was applied.
  • Rolo42
    Rolo42
    ✭✭
    Can't troubleshoot ambiguity: you need to specify which drivers and their version numbers and specify what you mean by "crash".

As a former developer who supported his own product, my experience is that most who claimed, "I have the latest" did not.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am getting the same issue. I get constant crashes with the message eso has stopped working. Happens alot during pledges and pvp. My crash intervals happen every 1 - 30 minutes and sometimes back to back.

some things iv tried:

1. made sure windows is updated
    2. update my amd drivers
    3. Run as admin on ESOx64 bit
    4. in amd catalst control center changed power from balanced to optimium
    5. turned off windows firewall allowed ESO through malware bytes
    6. disabled addons
    7. lowered my in game settings to the lowest

My PC specs:
    http://imgur.com/LQBxkW0

Im going to try and repair ESO tonight see if that works. Hopefully it does. The upside I managed to increase my FPS alot but I still get these pesky crashes.
    Edited by Gothren on June 15, 2017 12:34AM
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Switch off IPv6 in your Routermenu (Fritz.box). It already helped many Players.
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    if you run add ons,try updating them,that causes crashes for me
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    btw,disabling outdated addons didn't work for me
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorvarg wrote: »

Thank you for your response. I am going to try that today when I log in and play and see if that works.
    Rahotu wrote: »
    if you run add ons,try updating them,that causes crashes for me

only addons I run are FTC (outdated), master merchant, and sorcerer helper. I have about maybe 5 other disabled addons that I no longer use and will delete them since they are useless anyway.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried your suggestion, but unfortunetly I still get these frequent crashes.

I left the game for a long time just after housing came out and came back last month and iv been having these constant crashes lately. Before I left I really didn't have any issues with crashes. I kinda wish I stayed with the game because now I have no idea what is causing these crashes.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been in frequent contact with ESO tech support, but its a slow process with no success so far. After 8 hours of gameplay I have gotten the eso has stopped working crash about 30 or more times in that timeframe. I can't even participate in any group content until the problem is diagnosed and fixed.
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delete ShaderCache.cooked and stay with disabled IPv6 for at least 3 days. Just try it, it really helped me and other Players in Germany.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I deleted the ShaderCache.cooked in documents/ESO/live but i noticed it reappeared and so far still getting the crashes. Ill wait for a couple more days for your suggestion on disabled IPv6.

List of things I tried:

1. made sure windows is updated
    2. update my amd drivers
    3. Run as admin on ESOx64 bit
    4. in amd catalst control center changed power from balanced to optimium
    5. turned off windows firewall allowed ESO through malware bytes
    6. disabled addons and removed them completly
    7. lowered my in game settings to the lowest
    8. delete ShaderCache.cooked
    9. disabled IPv6
    10. clean boot of pc
    11. Flush DNS and perform a powercycle
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's ok that ShaderCache.cooked reappears everytime you delete it. Maybe your System isn't strong enough with it's Onboard-Graphics.

Last Idea i have (i read it elsewhere):

• Update the firmware of your router (it is always a good step to take, as it prevents that an outdated firmware interferes on your connection).
    • Try to put your modem/router far from all electrical devices and do not coil up any excess signal or power cables (to eliminate possible interference problems).

Edited by Thorvarg on June 16, 2017 5:40PM
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Download and run Windows Sysinternals Process Dump, see what is causing the process to dump.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ok that ShaderCache.cooked reappears everytime you delete it. Maybe your System isn't strong enough with it's Onboard-Graphics.

Last Idea i have (i read it elsewhere):

• Update the firmware of your router (it is always a good step to take, as it prevents that an outdated firmware interferes on your connection).
    • Try to put your modem/router far from all electrical devices and do not coil up any excess signal or power cables (to eliminate possible interference problems).

Hi and thank you for the response. I found out my problem through the ESO tech guy and he said I need a new graphics card.

ESO Tech:
    "After looking over your Game consultant it seems as though your video card does not meet the minimum specs for a video card to run the game. I am sorry that this issue may have caused you great inconvenience.

Your KV SPECTRE LITE DESKTOP Graphics card is below the minimum system requirements to run the game because it does not have enough dedicated RAM, your graphics card has 991 MB when 1GB is needed. Please find the system requirements for ESO below."

So basically I need a new amd graphics card to be able to run the game. Im able to play for now by using AMD overdrive to enhance the performance, but will need to get a new graphics card soon.

Thank you for your help.
    Edited by Gothren on June 18, 2017 4:29PM
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xRIVALENx wrote: »
    Download and run Windows Sysinternals Process Dump, see what is causing the process to dump.

ok ill check that out
  • Rolo42
    Rolo42
    ✭✭
    To everyone in this thread:

- You don't need a new graphics card; you have 1GB--the "tech" doesn't understand tech, apparently.

- It is extremely unlikely that IPv6 or any network issue will cause BSODs

- Troubleshooting involves guessing only after you've run out of information; nobody is using the diagnostic information provided by the BSOD or Event Log. Go where the evidence points; post diagnostic details when you ask for help.

- Stop running beta drivers; run only WHQL drivers (17.4.4 for AMD). Stop saying that you have the "latest" drivers and post the actual version you are running

- Clean your PC--that is, physically clean it. Fans and heatsinks on the CPU, GPU, and case need to be clear of dust

- Run a memory test (memtest86+, Windows memory diagnostic, et. al.)

- Run chkdsk /f and sfc /scannow (after RAM test)

- If you run "cleaning" or "optimizing" software other than CCleaner, suspect that these (WiseCare, IObit, Auslogics et. al.) broke stuff 'cos they do

Edited by Rolo42 on June 19, 2017 11:59AM
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    @Rolo42 has some pretty sound advice to offer, viewing the diagnostic information and Event Log should be the first thing you do in the event of a crash. There is no point in making assumptions and jumping to conclusions when the source of the problem may actually be found in Event Viewer.