The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The connection issues for the North American megaservers have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

Weird graphical anomalies | nVidia 980 Ti

Rohaus
Rohaus
✭✭✭✭✭
So, I was just chillin and thought I would take my Warden out to Craglorn and grind on some mobs. I went to Spellscar to just kill a bunch of the adds there... in the far back furthest way from the wayshrine, I started seeing these white walls... flickering textures etc. The next zone over, electricity is flying all over the place...

I thought... geesh... maybe my videocard is running hot... checked the temps... all good...

Clean uninstalled my nVidia driver package... reinstalled... still the same graphical issues.

Then, I reset my bios of my mobo... even upgraded it to the latest... still the same graphics issues.

Here's the thing... it is ONLY at Spellscar where I see these graphical weirdness... the white walls are killer... can't even player there when that happens.

So then I asked a buddy of mine to come and take a look... he runs a 1080 Ti... he too was seeing the same graphical issues on his computer.

Man... i was so close to RMA'ing my videocard... thank goodness I didn't.

Two computers... nVidia videocards... and odd graphical issues on both systems.

Also, I went to several locations across Tamriel and no issues at all... it is ONLY at Spellscar.

I am curious if any other nVidia users are seeing these same graphical issues at Spellscar???
Edited by Rohaus on June 15, 2017 2:57AM
YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
Daggerfall Covenant
VR16 DragonKnight
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    hmm wierd one ive not encountered that,, but then i havent updated my gfx drivers in about 4months
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bennysbeastb16_ESO2

I have thought about rolling back to a previous driver... just to see if that resolves it..

I see you are running a 980 Ti... could you tell me the version you are running? So I can test and verify?

Thank you,
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • m2super_ESO
    m2super_ESO
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a driver issue to me, as you mention try an older version of the drivers.
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It occurs with the current driver 382.53 from nvidia as well as the one prior.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • bennysbeastb16_ESO2
    Rohaus wrote: »
    It occurs with the current driver 382.53 from nvidia as well as the one prior.

@Rohaus
    didnt see your post till @ work this morning.. wont be able to check till i get home.. but its at least 4-6months as i was going to play Conan so it was around that time. (checked nvidia driver site) and the conan driver was:-
    http://uk.download.nvidia.com/Windows/378.49/378.49-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
    windows 10 x64 980ti driver

Always run on the idea, if something works why change it ;D , gfx drivers are the same in my opion, if your going to play a new AAA title, and you decide to try game ready driver, then fine update, but a game thats over 3 years old otherwise.. dont see point..

ill double check when i get home tonight, but at least its something to work from.
    *EDIT* home from work and im on older driver than the one i posted ... 376.53
    good luck
    Edited by bennysbeastb16_ESO2 on June 16, 2017 9:54PM
    *** Intel Core i9-7940x ***
    *** MSI Ventus 2080TI ***
    *** 32 GB DDR4 2400Mhz ***
    *** Creative Zxr Soundcard ***
    ***2TB M2 nvme SSD ***
    *** Corsair 1200W PSU***
    *** Windows 10 x64 ***
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today's patch notes included the following:

General

Fixed an issue that was causing graphical issues in Spellscar, and would occasionally cause your game to crash.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options