Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

option to trade in or sell houses?

pcar944
pcar944
✭✭✭✭
would really love for this to become available

if not sell to other players, then at least "trade in" (up or down to bigger or smaller houses)

it only makes sense to have a feature like this based on fact that people earn more gold and figure out how far they want to get into the housing

and it works for Zenimax because if players want to spend Crowns on a house and then sell it for Gold then Zenimax gets paid either way?
One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about trading houses for gold? or crowns?
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grand theft auto has a very similar feature you just pick new house and can trade in old one for value towards new one and rest comes out of cash
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »

and it works for Zenimax because if players want to spend Crowns on a house and then sell it for Gold then Zenimax gets paid either way?
    People can be pretty critical of anything resembling P2W, and this might tip it over the edge. I like your idea, but Crowns have to be left out of it.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    I would also like to see the option to upgrade existing properties. Maybe only giving half original value back could work only if used to buy another property?
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS!

Please go back to whatever crap game that has this P2W you speak of.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    edit - I see why you think p2w or w/e, that's not what I want, I don't care if I get full amount back or not, I don't care if its back to some magical vendor in game, or guild store, heck I don't care if its crowns or gold

I just want to be able to "upgrade" or "move" instead of buying "more" of these houses - there's hardly any point in having them at all as it is at this moment anyway
    Edited by pcar944 on June 19, 2017 8:09PM
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be fine with it as long as the house was bought with gold. Otherwise I'm 100% against having the ability to turn crowns into gold.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS IS WHY WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS!

Please go back to whatever crap game that has this P2W you speak of.

How is it pay to win? 1st off, all the houses are already available for gold except those crown store exclusive ones. 2nd, housing gets you no benefit in this game except for set crafting stations and target dummies...neither of which are needed to reach top tier. In the end housing is all just fluff anyway, therefore it is NOT P2W by definition. Hell, you don't even get extra storage space from housing, unless you count not having to carry furniture around in your inventory(which you wouldn't if you didn't have housing anyway). Sure, let people trade in houses and upgrade if they want for crowns or gold, it changes nothing as far as housing is concerned.
  • Theodard
    Theodard
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the way to go on that is if you purchased with crowns, a refund of X amount of crowns is due or more likely something like a credit to redeem on housing only crown items. Which are already bound to you anyway.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orrrrrrrrrrr just don't purchase a *** house in the first place.
    signing off
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Orrrrrrrrrrr just don't purchase a *** house in the first place.

too late

and now I want to change it to a diff one

lol

crowns to gold no-no

but selling house for even a fraction of the original cost I would love
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully agree, that we should be able to sell houses we bought for gold.
    If not the full money return, than at least half the price we paid.
    Why would I need to keep that small Humblemud if I already can afford Gymnarth, but I lack 50k gold for the bigger one. Or if I can buy a manor for 1,3 mil and that is my whole gold, but I lack e.g 150k, this refunded gold from selling smaller house would help me buying larger.
    Usually having more than single house is pointless. And keeping empty houses we cannot do anything with is bad for the game and server, beter give us an option to remove them from server giving us gold in return :).
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    having multiple houses means having multiple free ports to whatever zone(which you can get through guild/friends but still marginally useful.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    having multiple houses means having multiple free ports to whatever zone(which you can get through guild/friends but still marginally useful.

yep, barely worth it, since you can port to friends or guildies
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »

People can be pretty critical of anything resembling P2W, and this might tip it over the edge. I like your idea, but Crowns have to be left out of it.

Maby if it was a house you could only buy with gold and can trade for only gold.
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like the option to buy a tower (like the Mages Tower in Alik'r) as a home and be able to have it built someplace useful in A/D territory.

I'd be willing to make a cultural concession and have it built according to local custom/style, but it'd have to be a domicile.

Having the option to trade up to a larger house without being required to stay invested in a smaller one is just foolish, but I'm sure the game wants to keep the current system as a way to suck resources out of players pockets.
    Edited by twev on July 10, 2017 2:33PM
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Ermiq
    Ermiq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have purchased Autumn's Gate first. Then I realized that it's too small for me and I bought large home in Narsis. After that I realized that I've collected 1 million gold and I can get a Forgotten Stronghold. I have purchased Stronghold then.
    Now I've got two houses that I don't need.
    I never used them even for free travelling, It's make no sense for me to travel to my home in Narsis and then go through the loading screen to go to the wayshrine to travel to Mornhold (the same for Autumn's Gate). It's a long way with 3 loading screens, so there's no profit at all.
    One of the two of us definitely has gone mad. It only remains to define whether this one is the whole world or just me.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Sick&tired of being kicked off from your house when you complete a dungeon? ComingBackHome addon is what you need!
    Me is russian little bad in english :b
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since their are achievements tied to owning homes Zos will not be doing a trade in or add an ability to sell back the home.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since their are achievements tied to owning homes Zos will not be doing a trade in or add an ability to sell back the home.

why not? you don't have to own ALL houses, just make it ALL houses purchased and done
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• lasertooth
    lasertooth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if not sell to other players, then at least "trade in" (up or down to bigger or smaller houses)

it only makes sense to have a feature like this based on fact that people earn more gold and figure out how far they want to get into the housing

Then the game becomes P2W which would upset >80% of the player base. It would also cause massive in game gold inflation because players like me with disposable income would buy all the houses and then trade them in, and would be sitting on millions of in game gold. I would spend none of my time farming or grinding, I would simply buy all the gear and mats I needed and pvp all the time and people would say no faaaaare

That being said, I would love the ability to sell houses I bought and furnished with in-game gold in an auction house/or at a guild trader. But I think that is WAY too complicated for their team and servers to handle right meow. Lol.
    LasertoothGM of ESO Grand Designs, Grand Designs Too, and Grand Designs Trinity Xbox/NA
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    lasertooth wrote: »

Then the game becomes P2W which would upset >80% of the player base. It would also cause massive in game gold inflation because players like me with disposable income would buy all the houses and then trade them in, and would be sitting on millions of in game gold. I would spend none of my time farming or grinding, I would simply buy all the gear and mats I needed and pvp all the time and people would say no faaaaare

That being said, I would love the ability to sell houses I bought and furnished with in-game gold in an auction house/or at a guild trader. But I think that is WAY too complicated for their team and servers to handle right meow. Lol.

we can refine the idea

I just want at least an ability to "trade up" or "down" or something
    One Tamriel killed PVP

• RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care much about selling or trading, would be nice though, I want just to delete an ugly inn room from my list. Wish we could have that option.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We definitely need an option to sell back house for crown/gold.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    I want the ability to sell houses I bought I paid for them right!

_ there's no pay to win at all and p2w is now a misused word and used for personal trolling in my view.
  • jkmooney
    jkmooney
    I'd like to at least see the ability to sell back Inn Rooms to the Innkeeper. In my case, I picked up the Rosy Lion room because it was a convenient "waypoint" for doing the Cold Harbour and Cadwell's Gold story arcs. Now that I've got some gold though, I wouldn't mind selling it back and grabbing Captain Margaux’s Place since my main is Breton and it kind of fits her storyline.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire mechanic of housing was to create a gold-sink for long time players to decorate houses at their whim and not end up in the repetitive cycle of Trials/Dungeons or Battlegrounds/Cyrodiil.

It'd make little to no sense to add in an option to suddenly sell these off to reacquire gold that they were trying to remove from the economy using this system.

If selling to other players for a listed price well... it gets kinda wonky figuring out what a house is actually worth unless we can see every single furnishing used in it.
    Edited by Kittytravel on March 18, 2020 4:14AM
  • Sharalei
    Sharalei
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea, and would suggest also the ability to sell houses we have furnished. I can envisage a situation whereby eventually people set themselves up as agents, selling and buying houses. Fun!

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would be fine by me if they introduced this.

Even though I wouldn't use it, as I basically collect (decorated) houses!

What would be better, from my point of view, is being able to sell a carbon copy of a decorated house, to someone else.

I don't mean enter their version of the house and then decorate it in a similar way; which I could do already, but just isn't likely to be worth anything like the time involved.

I mean, literally, sell them a carbon copy of a house I have already decorated, in a certain way and that they have said they like.

But, I have no idea how that could be organised, as I would not want to have to obtain all the mats and then craft every piece of furniture first.

...and in fact, I couldn't, as I obviously don't have the spare inv space to do that.

All the furnishings would just have to, magically, appear in the house...

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    I mean, literally, sell them a carbon copy of a house I have already decorated, in a certain way and that they have said they like.

EHT has a save function.

From there you should have two options.

Give them a list of furnishings for your design, let them buy them and drop them at the front door. Or maybe just all the non-craftable / non-buyable ones if you're also selling your crafting, so you could supply and charge for those. You should then be able to go in and use EHT to automatically place everything where it should be.

Alternatively, though you'd be giving away your design to everyone like this, you could give someone or upload your EHT save file.