The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there an alternative to Master Merchant?

letsdothedungeonslow
I use it quite a lot, and I set my prices at around 50% of the average it shows, so that they sell, but sometimes even good items don't sell, and I'm thinking that the price was wrong.

Also, sometimes it does not have any prices.

Maybe I am missing something but it would be nice to know if there is an alternative.

Thanks
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a website and addon (that works if your game is in english) called Tamriel Trade center

It gathers data from many players using the addons and builds a database of prices
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Servers are down for TTC unfortunately, so until the add on author brings them up again maybe you should stick with MM.
  • Didz
    Didz
    ✭✭
    There is an important difference between Master Merchant and the Tamriel Trade Centre AddONs.

Master Merchant (MM):
    Provides you with the average price that the item you are interested in has sold for from the Guild Stores you are able to use in game over the period set in the settings.

Tamriel Trade Centre (TTC):
    Provides you with the recent prices that users of TTC have reported seeing the item you are interested listed on Guild Stores they have visited in game.

So the key differences are that:
    • MM gives you the price people have paid for the item, whilst TTC tells you what other sellers are asking for it.
    • MM only reports on the prices paid in Guild Stores you can use (Max 5 Guild Stores), whilst TTC gives you information on a random number of Guild Stores.
    • MM has no global search option, whereas TTC has a web search function that can identify which Guild Stores currently stock the item you want.

I don't think there is another AddOn that does exactly what MM or TTC do, and they don't do exactly the same thing as each other.

Hope that helps.
    Edited by Didz on June 18, 2017 12:03PM
  • Sarato
    Sarato
    ✭✭✭
    Didz wrote: »
    There is an important difference between Master Merchant and the Tamriel Trade Centre AddONs.

Master Merchant (MM):
    Provides you with the average price that the item you are interested in has sold for from the Guild Stores you are able to use in game over the period set in the settings.

Tamriel Trade Centre (TTC):
    Provides you with the recent prices that users of TTC have reported seeing the item you are interested listed on Guild Stores they have visited in game.

So the key differences are that:
    • MM gives you the price people have paid for the item, whilst TTC tells you what other sellers are asking for it.
    • MM only reports on the prices paid in Guild Stores you can use (Max 5 Guild Stores), whilst TTC gives you information on a random number of Guild Stores.
    • MM has no global search option, whereas TTC has a web search function that can identify which Guild Stores currently stock the item you want.

I don't think there is another AddOn that does exactly what MM or TTC do, and they don't do exactly the same thing as each other.

Hope that helps.

This is good, best choice would be to get both addons for better accuracy of prices. Oh, an tamriel trader center website is still down. :P
    Take me drunk, I'm home. Fav song: Pony - Ginuwine