The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trueflame and Vivec EU-PC: would a hard pop cap fix it?

HuanSohn
HuanSohn
Soul Shriven
AD is winning Trueflame and Vivec EU-PC non-stop since about a year now.

Would a hard population cap (+/- 10 players) and a "overflow" waiting campaign fix this?

• The_Legendary_Arya
    Best fix would be if EP players who are poplocked on Sotha Sil against each one Bar AD&DC would move there and fight actually. But nah....I can understand why AD ppl stay on Vivec.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD wins primarily because they PvDoor in the morning and take over many of the keeps. Until the others wake up the points just keep adding up. So the solution is to wake up earlier. Drink less mead, shein and hist sap in the evening :D
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's either AD move to Sotha Sil or EP move to Vivec. As neither will do that the situation remains as is. Winning the campaign is inconsequential. It's the unfun PvP that is bothering.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    AD wins primarily because they PvDoor in the morning and take over many of the keeps. Until the others wake up the points just keep adding up. So the solution is to wake up earlier. Drink less mead, shein and hist sap in the evening :D

Not gonna happen. Drinking Mead is much more important than wining the campaign.. Its not what you do it's how you do it!
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD killed vivec, EP killed sotha sil, the adults from DC should roll guild puglords on other alliances and try to persuade them to stop the insanity. GOD DAMN HIPPIES. i wanna play vet PvP but its totally ridiculous for months the way AD and EP are behaving. Grip a get losers.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop campaign score from ticking until populations are equal. Simple, dirty fix.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    stop campaign scores after pop changes is quite good. but.. humanity would somehow find way to exploit/abuse it to their benefit. Zenimax should just viciously ban those who harm "harmony" and reward those who actively try to improve the gaming envinronment.

SADLY. they dont know who they trying to please and they support/provide too much grief elements.
    Edited by kuro-dono on June 18, 2017 5:12PM
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just merge scores and let them pvdoor all they want.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• ilander
    ilander
    ✭✭✭
    If you removed all of the points the yellows get in the early a.m. when they have sometimes 2 bars and the other 2 factions have 5-10 players at best and removed all of the subsequent extra points they get as populations gradually equalise towards primetime, the Dominion would be struggling to compete for last place, not winning the campaign in the first 5 days. Everyone already knows that it is massive populations at off hours (for the timezone) that gets the most points and subsequently wins, not the actual strongest faction in the campaign.

I think there have been some amazing solutions put forward by the player base to remedy this definite imbalance that is causing a lot people to lose interest in factions completely but ZOS only seems to listen with its end of month bank statement rather than actually investing in an ear transplant and listening to what's actually going on in PvP.
    Most Averagest Player EU PvP - More averager than you'll ever be.. GUARANTEED!

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think only the scoring motivates these people. They want as many keeps being yellow as possible and the scrolls because FOR THE QUEEN, EVERYTHING BELONGS TO AD.

So the map/pvp would still be the same.

Yes I'm quoting a AD from the zonechat right now (Not big bossy).

Would be very fun if they merged Sotha's reds and Vivec's AD into one campaign and let them fight eachother each morning.
    Edited by Master_Kas on June 19, 2017 4:54AM
    EU | PC
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    I don't think only the scoring motivates these people. They want as many keeps being yellow as possible and the scrolls because FOR THE QUEEN, EVERYTHING BELONGS TO AD.

Yes I'm quoting a AD from the zonechat right now (Not big bossy).

Would be very fun if they merged Sotha's reds and Vivec's AD into one campaign and let them fight eachother each morning.

DC and EP feel the same Kas, everything should be blue/red.

In all honesty I wish we just had two campaigns. Below 50 and above. Would cut all this *** out.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

I don't really have a problem with that as long as it does not affect the campaign score/balance. If scoring does not tick, emperors cannot be crowned, and scrolls captured while there is a significant population imbalance, they can cap the whole map for all i care, we'll just get it back at primetime.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best fix would be if EP players who are poplocked on Sotha Sil against each one Bar AD&DC would move there and fight actually. But nah....I can understand why AD ppl stay on Vivec.

They stay on vivec for the same reason reds stay on sotha sil?
  • VinayExile
    VinayExile
    ✭✭✭✭
    who even cares about the campaign?

The last past weeks exile has been playing on sotha smallscale and raid, what i see is just saddening.

20-30 ep zerging 5 players down but this is smallscale for them, 60 to 70 playerblobs with 2 organised guilds in the blob just grinding down 5-10 dc because fairly there is none else on the campaign.
    I like and know how to grab off some back slackers and still get some good fights when i play solo, but i can see why people start hating this game if a new/random player gets zerged down 10 to 50 people every day.

Its not like you can pick your fights either, ive took so many resources and even tried a scrub char without any rank to see if it changed anything, but the ep just stay in stealth or inside the keep with 3-4-5 and ONLY come out to fight you if they are at least 10 to 1.
    Man, ive even had 6 guys siege me with coldfire when i was solo standing outside a keep, i can laugh about this myself , but the overall player expierence... is just [snip] sad.

I cant see new people going into sotha sil staying there for a long time, they will get bored very very fast.

the very worst thing is, when i solo during the day when EP is poplocked towards a one bar population of the other factions on a DC nightblade i see and kill so many players i have seen on DC side during the evening before ( this is when EP gets pushed back to their base with all scrolls taken etc and DC has most of the map ).

how is this even a thing for real... kill a player that just switched over to the winning side, and not just one but more like 10-15.

@ZOS_GinaBruno i think its time to think about a cooldown queue into cyrodill if you switch factions. Unless you want all your new ESO players to hate the contect you create even more then the old players ;)

and just for the record, i know this dousnt just happen in sotha... same thing on Vivec with AD's.
    Gotta love it.
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 6, 2018 8:39PM
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    VinayExile wrote: »
    who even cares about the campaign?

The last past weeks exile has been playing on sotha smallscale and raid, what i see is just saddening.

20-30 ep zerging 5 players down but this is smallscale for them, 60 to 70 playerblobs with 2 organised guilds in the blob just grinding down 5-10 dc because fairly there is none else on the campaign.
    I like and know how to grab off some back slackers and still get some good fights when i play solo, but i can see why people start hating this game if a new/random player gets zerged down 10 to 50 people every day.

Its not like you can pick your fights either, ive took so many resources and even tried a scrub char without any rank to see if it changed anything, but the ep just stay in stealth or inside the keep with 3-4-5 and ONLY come out to fight you if they are at least 10 to 1.
    Man, ive even had 6 guys siege me with coldfire when i was solo standing outside a keep, i can laugh about this myself , but the overall player expierence... is just [snip] sad.

I cant see new people going into sotha sil staying there for a long time, they will get bored very very fast.

the very worst thing is, when i solo during the day when EP is poplocked towards a one bar population of the other factions on a DC nightblade i see and kill so many players i have seen on DC side during the evening before ( this is when EP gets pushed back to their base with all scrolls taken etc and DC has most of the map ).

how is this even a thing for real... kill a player that just switched over to the winning side, and not just one but more like 10-15.

@ZOS_GinaBruno i think its time to think about a cooldown queue into cyrodill if you switch factions. Unless you want all your new ESO players to hate the contect you create even more then the old players ;)

and just for the record, i know this dousnt just happen in sotha... same thing on Vivec with AD's.
    Gotta love it.

In noncp every sneaks like a little *** cat and will almost never engage u in a 1v1 fight. Mainly because they are not confident with their ability to 1v1 I guess. As for the EP/DC zerg guilds in sotha sil, yea nothing much u can do about it. They zerg u in a really hardcore fashion from europe to asian
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 6, 2018 8:40PM
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10