Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Vvardenfell pickpocketing harder than vanilla?

Tyinor
Tyinor
Soul Shriven
While wandering around Vvardenfell I tried to pickpocket some individuals, for the lulz mainly. Now I had not been playing a while, but I knew that some of the lower classifications of citizens, I.E Drunkards, were almost a guaranteed pickpocket back in Vanilla. The people in this area seemed to have more sensitive butt nerves than the likes I had ever known. Upon going to older vanilla towns I confirmed that individuals with the same tags, Laborers, Commoners, Drunkards, Beggars, all were about 20% easier than the new zones.

Is there something I'm missing? Is this intentional, is there some sort of questline I need to do to unlock the ability to have my light fingers and not thrashing my hand around in someones back pocket, should I consider investing time into alchemy to dull said butt nerves?

Jokes aside, I am curious If I am the only one seeing this, and if there is a solution to this.
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    It a lot easier to pickpocket them if you kill them first.
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you increased your PP Ledgermain skill? That helps a lot to increase your PP success rate.

Bring up your Skills (K) --> World --> Ledgermain --> Light Fingers (skill; can be increased 4 times for a +50% bonus to pick pocket)

4/4 Light Fingers for pick pocketing requires Ledgermain level of 17. Start selling/laundering your loot to the Fence to bring it up...pick pocket...an pick locks.
    Edited by drakhan2002_ESO on June 15, 2017 11:15AM