The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Time to rebuff some templar skills so that we might avod this cheese meta?

Timeraider
Timeraider
✭✭✭
Literally all i see in duels and small-scale pvp with magplars. Apply one of the backlash morphs, spam a radiant destruction morph, entire tactic. While radiant destruction on its own is more than fine and easy counterable, backlash makes it so that people just make the most uninspired 2 button builds ever while actually winning. Just replace backlash.... i can garantee the build diversity will be soooo much better in pvp after that. Buff everything except for these things..
Edited by Timeraider on June 14, 2017 9:09PM
Feralclaw - EU - AD
Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You might be new to the game, but it's important to realize that several months ago, Templars had a lot of different things they could do in order to be effective. They had terrific group support capabilities, useful CC options, and a powerful heal on their bread-and-butter damage skill (Sweeps). Now all of that is gone. If a Templar Backlash-spamming you now, it's because they can't CC you with Blazing Spear and rely on Sweeps to get a decent amount of health back anymore, and it's because Backlash is the only group utility skill they have that feels as powerful as Repentance and BoL used to. If templars' offensive capability and group utility now revolves around Backlash, it's because ZOS nerfed everything else they could do (yes, including Radiant Destruction). So asking for more Templar nerfs is, if predictable, a little disheartening.
    Edited by casparian on June 14, 2017 9:06PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    You might be new to the game, but it's important to realize that several months ago, Templars had a lot of different things they could do in order to be effective. They had terrific group support capabilities, useful CC options, and a powerful heal on their bread-and-butter damage skill (Sweeps). Now all of that is gone. I'm Backlash-spamming you now, it's because I can't CC you with Blazing Spear and rely on Sweeps to get a decent amount of health back. Templars' offensive capability now revolves around Backlash because ZOS nerfed everything else they could do (yes, including Radiant Destruction). So asking for more Templar nerfs is, if predictable, a little disheartening.

Ok.. lets turn it around then. Buff everything except for these skills. Does sound better yeah

And yeah, while new to the forums ive been playing for a while and lately magplar is my go-to character.
    I just can not bring myself to put either of these skills on my hotbar. I did rather use even dark flare than radiant destruction
    edited the title :P
    Edited by Timeraider on June 14, 2017 9:09PM
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played 2000+ hours on my Magplar and been on this forum for years.

I've never used or ever seen anyone fight this hard for backlash.

Maybe I'll go equip backlash. >:)
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭

Honestly Backlash is really that good and can make a templar burst sorcs down easily with its timing or pretty much anything else.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    Did I miss something? I thought Templars and cheese were genetically linked atm? (for one build at least) :)
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Honestly Backlash is really that good and can make a templar burst sorcs down easily with its timing or pretty much anything else.

Burst a Sorc with both shields up :D Seen a few stamplars do that, pretty insane
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Rahotu
    Rahotu
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i'm sorry that made no sense,but pls stop saying nerf,for zos it's like rolling a nut in front of a squirrel or a ball of yarn in reapers march,balance in this game isn't going to happen through nerfing abilities,it hasn't yet and I just can't see that path being a success in the future either
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    You might be new to the game, but it's important to realize that several months ago, Templars had a lot of different things they could do in order to be effective. They had terrific group support capabilities, useful CC options, and a powerful heal on their bread-and-butter damage skill (Sweeps). Now all of that is gone. If a Templar Backlash-spamming you now, it's because they can't CC you with Blazing Spear and rely on Sweeps to get a decent amount of health back anymore, and it's because Backlash is the only group utility skill they have that feels as powerful as Repentance and BoL used to. If templars' offensive capability and group utility now revolves around Backlash, it's because ZOS nerfed everything else they could do (yes, including Radiant Destruction). So asking for more Templar nerfs is, if predictable, a little disheartening.

Im so tired about zos and templars nerf, i think they did not calculate the propagation of errors and now u can see the big mistake. I dont know what they want us do, because we told to them, we told a lot. templars always have had a problem with damage and combos.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's like a child who does not want admit that he was wrong. So sad about this game, first was the damage now the heals... so sad